• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giovinco:
It would be hard to do better than the team which won such a spectacular title. I'll fight for my place. At the end of the transfer window we'll see who there is in attack. I'll be available for the boss like everybody else."

No more bitching? <3

Help Me! said:
I HATE Daniel Sturridge. Learn to kick a penalty, and play as a central striker, numbnuts!

To quote Roberto Baggio, "Only those with the courage to take a penalty miss them."

Clegg

I don't know if its been mentioned before but Lucas can run very fast with the ball at his feet.

I can understand the Walcott comparisons in this instance.

G17

I won't blame anyone, you win as a team and lose as a team. Ramsey scored 2/3 (albeit not great penalties) and Sturridge did battle meningitis to be there. I never did like the appointment of Stuart Pearce though!

Most people I hear from are more disappointed with Gareth Bale after the loss. (they were already disappointed but this has just magnified it)

Brinbe

So hyped about the Lucas news (not nearly as much about RVP), just hoping it's legit. And while it's definitely a risk, I'm not too concerned if we remember to remain patient. He's only 19, so it'll be a while till he shows us his best, but he clearly has the talent to potentially play almost anywhere in that attacking third, and he'll look even better linking up alongside Kagawa/Young/Valencia/Welbeck etc.

I won't blame anyone, you win as a team and lose as a team. Ramsey scored 2/3 (albeit not great penalties) and Sturridge did battle meningitis to be there. I never did like the appointment of Stuart Pearce though!

Most people I hear from are more disappointed with Gareth Bale after the loss. (they were already disappointed but this has just magnified it)

How could you be disappointed with a guy who makes the heart shape with his hands though? He maintains an unassailable moral position by doing so.

Brinbe

The Telegraph are now covering the Lucas to United story.

Manchester United Poised To Sign Lucas Moura
EgHdW.gif

I don't know if its been mentioned before but Lucas can run very fast with the ball at his feet.

I can understand the Walcott comparisons in this instance.

Except his end product and decision-making is actually consistent, if a touch selfish. I think their physical resemblance is the leading factor in the comparison. After all, we live in a world where certain United fans initially considered Kagawa a replacement for Park.

Clegg

Except his end product and decision-making is actually consistent, if a touch selfish. I think their physical resemblance is the leading factor in the comparison. After all, we live in a world where certain United fans initially considered Kagawa a replacement for Park.

I was just remarking upon their speed. They are both very, very quick.

And wtf at the Kagawa/Park thing. Is that true?

I was just remarking upon their speed. They are both very, very quick.

And wtf at the Kagawa/Park thing. Is that true?

Oh, I thought you were remarking on those reports that came from talksport last month. But yes, his pace is right up there.

Avoid looking at the official forums. Not so toxic as the FB page, but thereabouts.

elsk

Banned
He's good in FIFA? He's not very good in FM.

He does look promising. Technically he looks very sound so I'm excited to see him play more for the first team. Could be a good player.

He's. I think he can reach like 85 overall or something like that.
Roger Espinoza is 65, and can reach 65 overall, tho. Fuck FIFA :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chivas tied today! That's an improvement over the previous two games. At least our defence didn't concede a goal. :D

Man, I'm in such a good mood today.

MPW

Impasse over Modric move

ESPN's source said on Saturday evening: "The big mistake with Modric occurred a year ago when Chelsea offered £40 million and Spurs turned it down. Now Spurs will not get their price of £40 million so it is proving very, very difficult for Modric to go to Real Madrid.

"It is very simple, Spurs will have to lower their price or they will have to keep him."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ttenham-impasse-over-luka-modric-move?cc=5901

hope he stays at spurs and sahin stays at madrid

Lightning

Banned
Impasse over Modric move

ESPN's source said on Saturday evening: "The big mistake with Modric occurred a year ago when Chelsea offered £40 million and Spurs turned it down. Now Spurs will not get their price of £40 million so it is proving very, very difficult for Modric to go to Real Madrid.

"It is very simple, Spurs will have to lower their price or they will have to keep him."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ttenham-impasse-over-luka-modric-move?cc=5901

hope he stays at spurs and sahin stays at madrid
Arsenal should offer RVP for Sahin.... it would be a great bit of business for both clubs I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom