• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn I'm imagining it now. Lucas runs down the wing past Enrique, passes to bebe who nutmegs carrager, finds kagawa who takes it round skrtel and fires it into the top corner, relegating Liverpool and winning us our rightful title

Salazar

God damn I'm imagining it now. Lucas runs down the wing past Enrique, passes to bebe who nutmegs carrager, finds kagawa who takes it round skrtel and fires it into the top corner, relegating Liverpool and winning us our rightful title

No, no. Imagining glory is how you become a toxic stooge like so many poor old Liverpool muppets.

Just let it happen.

Liverpool will be alright this season, barring injuries/suspensions/massively demoralising whuppings like the one Spurs handed them.

Just came across this and it made me chuckle considering the conversation we had a few days ago:

@m_christenson: Swedish international Rasmus Elm on why he chose CSKA Moscow ahead of Liverpool. 'Moscow is much nicer than Liverpool as a place' Ouch. #LFC

Trololol.

Wasn't impressed with this guy at the Euro's.

Zabojnik

A few highlights from yesterday's Juve 2 - 0 Malaga.

Matri's 1st goal:
malagamatri1.gif

Matri's 2nd goal:
malagamatri2.gif

Matri confirming why he (hopefully) won't be our starting striker:
malagamatri3.gif

Premiata ditta Giovinco - Marchisio, expecting great things from these two:
malagaseba.gif

All in all it was a solid training match. However, we're nowhere near an acceptable condition for sunday's Supercoppa Italiana against Napoli. It's not a priority for us, but I'd rather not lose (again) to De Laurentiis. Napoli seem to be much further along.

Arnie

Wasn't impressed with this guy at the Euro's.
Neither was I, although that he'd been linked with Everton also put me off a bit too, prior to this comment. Hope the novelty of living in Moscow wears off fast, and he realises he's relegated himself to the Russian league.

dc89

De Rossi sounds like it might actually be a difficult deal to cut.

Yup. It's not funny, every season Mancini says we need to get the deals done quick and every season they take longer.

Surely we have to make anything happen now within the next week or two.

Arnie

I've suddenly realised City have made NO signings worth of note.

:( it's depressin.

We've only signed Borini, and he's so young, raw, and unproven it's hard to get that excited.

I'll spiff my pants if/when Allen goes through; the olympics just affirmed my beliefs that he's a fantastic, technical playmaker, and, crucially, like every young midfielder who's pulled on the Liverpool shirt over the last 12 months (outside of Spearing, of course) he's better than Tom Cleverley.

Salazar

Its going to be funny when Moura signs for Inter.

Bob Cass don't write tales that ain't true.

Or something.

Except when he did. Those times.

But other, less shite, journalists have affirmed that "very solid sources" say done deal. And it's too ludicrously depressive, even for you lot, to conclude that these sources include or are even limited to Cass.

So no medical today?

Patience.

Linius

Just saw the highlights of yesterday's olympic Honduras match. They had some bad luck with that quick red card :(

Anyways, today the Dutch national supercup. PSV against Ajax :D

K1LLER7

Bob Cass don't write tales that ain't true.

Or something.

Except when he did. Those times.

But other, less shite, journalists have affirmed that "very solid sources" say done deal.
Miguel Delaney seemed sure which makes it a bit more likely. If the medical doesn't happen today, expecting Cass to get a lot of hate on twitter.

K1LLER7

We don't know anything.

He might have been smuggled into the hospital to stop the press from seeing him.

His medical might be scheduled for later today or the Daily Mail srticle might just be a load of bullshit.
And we might have to wait till after the Olympics

Why couldn't Honduras beat Brazil yesterday :(

I think that Matri miss is forgiveable. It was a really fast ball across the box with both a Malaga defender AND keeper inexplicably pulled out of at the last minute. I wouldn't be too harsh on him.

Salazar

expecting Cass to get a lot of hate on twitter.

Slated to oblivion.

Davred ‏@DoubleTwentyRed
@Bob_Cass Congrats Bob twitter is going to explode with this exclusive! your going to look a right plonker and public no1 if it turns out BS

13h Bob Cass ‏@Bob_Cass
@DoubleTwentyRed Correct - but I've looked a plonker before.

Zabojnik

I think that Matri miss is forgiveable. It was a really fast ball across the box with both a Malaga defender AND keeper inexplicably pulled out of at the last minute. I wouldn't be too harsh on him.

I was joking, kinda. :) Matri's great at finishing in the box and when served on the run, that was never his problem.

Salazar

Nice £30 million back up to Valencia, though.

It is genuinely mental how he gets to the ball first when it looks bound to be a 50/50.

I do think we should be calling off the RVP hunt. He's a knobhead, he's made of glass, and we could spend that on a CM.

Arnie

It is genuinely mental how he gets to the ball first when it looks bound to be a 50/50.

You best hope he doesn't face up to Ryan Shawcross then.

In fairness the player looked good in his 5 minute squirts for Brazil. More excited to see Oscar, though. Spurs missed out on him, big time.

I do think we should be calling off the RVP hunt. He's a knobhead, he's made of glass, and we could spend that on a CM.
His signature move. Always just manages to reach forwards and nick it away.

Salazar

You best hope he doesn't face up to Ryan Shawcross then.

Well yeah. Nobody's prepared for a cruciate-pulverizing two-footer.

But he is at least strong enough not to get shouldered off it, which would be a conventional concern with a speedy winger of his sort.

bjaelke

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Blackburn's friendly at NEC Nijmegen cancelled after advanced threat of violence between supporters of both clubs #SSN

Wessiej

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Blackburn's friendly at NEC Nijmegen cancelled after advanced threat of violence between supporters of both clubs #SSN

It's still on, but at another (secret) stadium with no supporters. One hell of a friendly :')!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom