• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

United's latest bid for RVP is £15m apparently.

If he had a fit season for us, and Welberg had to rotate with him for league games, I think Welberg would get justifiably pissed.

And I'd really rather develop that lad and not

a) cramp his experience
b) wind him up

wenger was interested in him so that raised his profile. he could be shit cause anyone can look good in the scottish league, but then again lucas shit on some brazilian league scrubs and gets 30 million tags

This is all true. But Lucas does shit that would bamboozle competent defensive players, and there are some genuinely poor defenders in England for him to roast.

Lunchbox

Banned
Wanyama ?

Granted, I've only done a perfunctory youtube investigation, but I fail to see how he came up on the transfer radar except through amazing agent jiggery-pokery.

wenger was interested in him so that raised his profile. he could be shit cause anyone can look good in the scottish league, but then again lucas shit on some brazilian league scrubs and gets 30 million tags

Just can't see why we're not going for a CM. it's utterly mind boggling to me.
Agree.

There are reports that Fletcher is back in training this week and apparently Petrucci and Tunnicliffe are being kept at the club this season. We'll see if that comes to fruition but I think Fergie, once again for some unknown reason, is hoping he can can enough out of each player at a time to get us through.

Salazar

Bob Cass ‏@Bob_Cass
All those who said I was talking shite about Lucas please unfollow. Don't want your apologies ... or your tears

Welp.

IdIjQ.gif

Tc91

I'd love RVP at United, as long as he stays clear of City I don't really care.

Did we ever try and get Sahin when he was at Dortmund?

Salazar

I'm still skeptical.

He doesn't want your tears or apologies, Clegg.

I swear, that tweet should have been accompanied by a photo of Lucas suffocating under a pile of MUFC branded merchandise.

I mean, he tells muppets to be patient. Are you new to this lark, Bob ?

Clegg

Andrew Creek ‏@apcreek

@Bob_Cass You're a Glazer apologist! What does Fergies arsehole taste like? your nothing but a big brown nosed liar!
If Lucas actually signs for United then Bob will have to post some sort of celebratory dance on twitter.

And how good was Padoin defensively? He's very decent going forward! Both goals came from him!

Adequate. He isn't a solution to Caceres's injury on the right while Lichtsteiner is on Barzagli/Chiellini duty. He'll work in a pinch, though. He'll just need some help from Vidal.

It looks like Bonucci's lawyers have done a number on Palazzi. He went from requesting a 3 year ban to a 1 year ban to offering a 3 month plea bargain. Bonucci and his lawyers refused and are continuing to see full acquittal. Doing Pepe a favour as well. Conte's lawyers will have to do their own fighting, I'm afraid.

Salazar

If Lucas actually signs for United then Bob will have to post some sort of celebratory dance on twitter.

My moral opinion of Bob's profession is pretty damn low, but he really is carrying on like he has been directly told summat very solid by someone official.

He does act like he operates from his car with a hip flask handy and kebab-stained fingers, but nobody stitches themselves up quite like that.

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can
@Bob_Cass Respect you and your work Bob but considering your story said the medical was today, how is the timing immaterial?

Zing. Let's be having you, Robert.

Arnie

Food post of the day:

My mates came back to mine last night and bought an Indian takeaway, but left a ton of the poppadom sauces in my fridge. I've just cooked a Dr Oetker pizza, and I'm dipping the crusts in the poppadom sauces. It's a damn good combination. About to watch Murray destroy the smarmy JT too.

Food post of the day:

My mates came back to mine last night and bought an Indian takeaway, but left a ton of the poppadom sauces in my fridge. I've just cooked a Dr Oetker pizza, and I'm dipping the crusts in the poppadom sauces. It's a damn good combination. About to watch Murray destroy the smarmy JT too.
Sounds boss. I love dipping the crust in sauces. Can't beat a good crust, love it.

If Murray beats Fedbot, OMGGGG.

GB already ballsed up one gold medal today. I think it's gonna be a very hard come down today after yesterday's glory.

Yen

Having a tense ebay war with someone over a guitar. Bidding much more than I previously anticipated. Feel like I'm pawning the tv for heroin (again).

K1LLER7

Twitter rumours but Apparently the Brazilian FA have said they will not allow Lucas to have a medical until after the Olympics

Clegg

More twitter rumours saying that Lucas' agent has denied any knowledge of the deal.

Talksport are also saying that Sao Paolo want to keep him.

Edit: Talksport are apparently using quotes that are weeks old.

Zabojnik

What, so you can bid on it, huh??
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom (so it's not even that dear of a guitar, but still, I'm cheap)

Niiiice. Nah, but I did spend unhealthy amounts of money on guitar gear on eBay in the past. You can't cure GAS. :D Thankfully, the Axe-Fx (II) came along.

Tc91

Having a tense ebay war with someone over a guitar. Bidding much more than I previously anticipated. Feel like I'm pawning the tv for heroin (again).

Got my phone up on eBay and 2 people have tried to scam me! Sent out fake paypal emails and eBay emails.

Awesome lineup for United.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
A few highlights from yesterday's Juve 2 - 0 Malaga.
Matri confirming why he (hopefully) won't be our starting striker:
malagamatri3.gif

If it makes you feel any better, Neymar missed a similar sitter in the Olympics. As long as he scores those 9/10 times, you've got a striker on your hands (judging by the other goals).

Incidentally, juve interest me - how are you covering for the departure of Del Piero etc. Have there been wholesale changes this summer?

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Blackburn's friendly at NEC Nijmegen cancelled after advanced threat of violence between supporters of both clubs #SSN

I know someone there and there is only about 20 of our fans travelled over and they aren't the kind to make trouble.

One of them was speaking to the police there last night and he was told that some Dutch hooligan type fans like to set their stall out in pre season and running the English out of town would be a good start

Not sure how true that is

dc89

Mancini confirms city unlikely to sign any new players, "He Marwood is a JT, I'm sure he thinks i shagged his wife and daughter" #mcfc

Random City fan on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom