• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Our centre back Tom Lees scored this goal yesterday:

iM4nudHVEQorP.gif

#swaggerific

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Columbus Crew midfielder Kirk Urso died. There are no details right now. He was 22 and it was his first year as a professional player. Football has been a tragic thing recently.

Zabojnik

Incidentally, juve interest me - how are you covering for the departure of Del Piero etc. Have there been wholesale changes this summer?

You can't really replace someone like Del Piero, he'll be missed both for his contributions on the pitch and his carisma. As for the team, well, Marotta signed some pretty great players to complete an already rock-solid XI. Asamoah, Isla and Giovinco, but also Lucio and Pogba, along with some other promising youngsters (Masi, Boayke). Dat midfield depth. All we need now is a top striker and maybe, just maybe we could make it out of the CL groups. Leandro Damiao ftw.

So it seems the CBF have refused Lucas permission to leave the camp for a medical.

That's good, cos it means he is due to have one, right?

Yen

Columbus Crew midfielder Kirk Urso died. There are no details right now. He was 22 and it was his first year as a professional player. Football has been a tragic thing recently.

(Even if this was not heart related) I think there needs to be mandatory heart screening for footballers (and all athletes). They do it in a poxy sport like gaelic football, so should be able to do it for football.

edit: oh god, I've got buyers remorse and I haven't even bought the damn thing yet.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
You can't really replace someone like Del Piero, he'll be missed both for his contributions on the pitch and his carisma. As for the team, well, Marotta signed some pretty great players to complete an already rock-solid XI. Asamoah, Isla and Giovinco, but also Lucio and Pogba, along with promising youngsters (Masi, Boayke). Dat midfield depth. All we need now is a top striker. Leandro Damiao ftw.

That sounds interesting. Damiao (who I've seen live twice over the last week) is really good. Seems to have a genuine enthusiasm for the game as well, given his celebrations. Also quite effective with his head, and big...all in all, should work. Any idea how much he'd cost you?

Also, Arnie, true...even Billy Paynter scored against them. Warnock-ball coming to the fore yesterday, all three goals scored by defenders (well, white is playing on the wing quite often).

Where did you hear this?
Jon Cotterill a journalist from Sao Paolo is saying its on their official website.

App the report also says there hasn't been an official request yet...but still a promising sign I think.

Lots of people are reporting this now including people who tend to get things right, unlike Cass, so I'm pretty confident it's just a matter of time now.

Oh man Ashley Cole is trolling Arsenal fans :(
You see what he tweeted to Rooney yday?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
(Even if this was not heart related) I think there needs to be mandatory heart screening for footballers (and all athletes). They do it in a poxy sport like gaelic football, so should be able to do it for football.

edit: oh god, I've got buyers remorse and I haven't even bought the damn thing yet.

Isn't there already some sort of screening done?

Zabojnik

That sounds interesting. Damiao (who I've seen live twice over the last week) is really good. Seems to have a genuine enthusiasm for the game as well, given his celebrations. Also quite effective with his head, and big...all in all, should work. Any idea how much he'd cost you?

No idea, a few months back the rumors were 30m€, which is absurdly high. We seem to be after everybody anyway. RVP, Dzeko, Jovetic, Pazzini, Cardozo, etc., if you believe the press. I'm sure we'll sign somebody, but it may not end up being the striker we need or deserve. Such is life.

Arnie

My internet's so shit that I can barely watch this United match, stuttering every 5 seconds. I'll try and rejoin at half time, see if it's improved.

http://www.instruments2go.co.uk/images/P/Michael%20Kelly%20Patriot%20Custom%20Amber.jpg[/IG]

Was bidding on this. Guy waited until last 5 seconds to beat me. Arsehole.[/QUOTE]

Only way to combat that is to use something like this yourself.
[url]http://www.gixen.com/index.php[/url]

3Sixty

Wait, Santos are playing Real Madrid in a friendly the same day they have an actual league game.

And people wonder why South American leagues don't get taken seriously.

Yen

Welcome to Ebay!

I only use ebay to buy books from "worldofbooks08" so I have never felt defeat like this.

Oh well, shall wait to Christmas and just buy one from the shop, rather than torture myself over bargains. I knew I shouldn't have told Zabo about this. :p

Wait, Santos are playing Real Madrid in a friendly the same day they have an actual league game.

And people wonder why South American leagues don't get taken seriously.

From the outside looking in with no real interest, it always seems like South American competition formatting is all kinds of fucked up :D

Zabojnik

What's going on with Nani? If you guys don't want him anymore, we'll take him. :p

I love listening to the British/Scottish commentary combo. Scottish accent is amazing and for some reason I always find myself counting the number of times they pronounce "..., isn't he?". :D

Clegg

Him and Nasri come across a bit silly at times but their moves are now justified. Coles has been for years.

Arsenal fans are like no other the way they hold grudges.

Nasri has yet to justify his move as he was shite for much of last season.

Citys success doesn't have much to do with him.

Tc91

So good to see Vidic back winning everything.

Something that just sprang to mind, would of been good to see Will Keane feature in pre-season if it wasn't for his bad luck with the injury.

Him and Nasri come across a bit silly at times but their moves are now justified. Coles has been for years.

Arsenal fans are like no other the way they hold grudges.

Pfft, we have that on lockdown.

Owen, McMananaman, Souness, Whelan, Lawresonson, Torres, even Gerrard and Alonso are disliked by a range of fans

K1LLER7

What's going on with Nani? If you guys don't want him anymore, we'll take him. :p

I love listening to the British/Scottish commentary combo. Scottish accent is amazing and for some reason I always find myself counting the number of times they pronounce "..., isn't he?". :D

hope he'll sign a contract, wants a pay rise.

We're really going to miss Scholes when he retires again :(

How's Vidic looking guys? I'm so scared he won't get back to his level.

I'm not watching cos I'm busy watching Murray take Federer apart.

Touch wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom