• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Clegg Moura will join United, The news of Brazil not allowing him to have his medical must mean United who apparently have the largest bid have agreed a deal and all that's left is to complete his medical.

And if after all this we don't get him....we still got Bebe.

Clegg

Kagawa has looked very impressive so far. He is always looking to get the ball and pops up all over the pitch to receive it.

The only problem is that he has highlighted how static our play through the middle was before he joined. Seriously, he is the only player that looks remotely threatening in central areas. Rooney used to be that kind of player but he has developed into more of a goalscorer than a number 10.

Swance

Neo Member
Wait, Santos are playing Real Madrid in a friendly the same day they have an actual league game.

And people wonder why South American leagues don't get taken seriously.

They're playing Santos Laguna from Mexico not Santos from Brazil.

Clegg

Are Wilbury and I the only ones who would rather spend that money on a CM?

I think every United fan in this thread would rather we spent the money on a quality CM. But that just doesn't look like its happening.

Moura is an exciting player though and could be absolutely brilliant in a few years.

Reus with his first goal for BVB :D

Reus will be soo good for us, we actually have a player that can do good free kicks and corners. I always wondered why Shinji was so bad at it, I still have no answer to this.

Zabojnik

So how do my fratelli bianconeri feel about the mascheranization of Marrone? He's an amazing talent and if the last two matches proved anything, is that the DM/CM -> CB transformation looks doable. Very doable, in fact. I think it's more than just a summer experiment - Conte wants to mold him into the next Bonucci, seeing how we're likely to lose Leo to Palazzi's witch hunt. So, Marrone as a thinking CB, Pogba as Pirlo's backup. I can see it working.

Reus with his first goal for BVB :D

Reus will be soo good for us, we actually have a player that can do good free kicks and corners. I always wondered why Shinji was so bad at it, I still have no answer to this.

Genuinely excited to see BVB in CL this year! I think you guys will do very very well and go far.

Zabojnik

Wow I didn't know that! Which CM is a United fan's dream?

Melo.jpg

Arnie

In our abandoned game today, Pepe played, as did Carroll and Pacheco. Kelly got to play alongside Agger at centre back too.

Someone like Xabi Alonso/Schwein. A complete midfielder who can set tempo from deep, wide range of passing but also a strong tackler.

Pretty much the perfect box to box man.

Not many out there though. If I had to pick out of a DM or a more creative midfielder who can control a game I'd go for the latter...so Modric, Moutinho, Sahin are ideal buys.

But it's not happening so whatever.

Genuinely excited to see BVB in CL this year! I think you guys will do very very well and go far.

Well, I'm a bit scared to be honest :D

But if it's some crazy group and we really don't make it past the group stages, I don't really care that much either. Depending on the group, I'd be okay with a 3rd place and Europa League. Would give us some coefficient points and some matches for our young players like Leitner, Bittencourt and maybe Günter and Amini, too.

Someone like Xabi Alonso/Schwein. A complete midfielder who can set tempo from deep, wide range of passing but also a strong tackler.

Pretty much the perfect box to box man.

Not many out there though. If I had to pick out of a DM or a more creative midfielder who can control a game I'd go for the latter...so Modric, Moutinho, Sahin are ideal buys.

But it's not happening so whatever.

Someone like Lucas Leiva? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom