• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini:
“it’s pretty unlikely” Edin Dzeko will leave Manchester City, but “I don’t think” Robin Van Persie will join either.

The Eastlands manager spoke to Sky Sport Italia this afternoon and was asked about Juventus and Milan’s interest in Dzeko.

“I’m pleased, as this means we have good players, but it’s pretty unlikely he will leave,” said Mancini.

“He is right to say it’s no fun being on the bench, but when you join a big club then competition is normal.”

Manchester City are also battling against Juve and Manchester United to grab Arsenal talent Van Persie.

“Van Persie? No, I don’t think he will come here,” added Mancini.

The former Inter, Lazio and Fiorentina Coach was asked about his views on Serie A this season.

“Juventus are the team to beat, not just because they won the Scudetto, but also thanks to their reinforcements.

“As for the Premier League, Manchester United are in pole position.”

-

So how do my fratelli bianconeri feel about the mascheranization of Marrone? He's an amazing talent and if the last two matches proved anything, is that the DM/CM -> CB transformation looks doable. Very doable, in fact. I think it's more than just a summer experiment - Conte wants to mold him into the next Bonucci, seeing how we're likely to lose Leo to Palazzi's witch hunt. So, Marrone as a thinking CB, Pogba as Pirlo's backup. I can see it working.

Rock-solid! I was impressed by Lich too!

And with Masi and Caceres, we suddenly have too many options. :p

Labadal

Cabaye would be great for MUnited. Ben Arfa would be great for Liverpool. Coloccinin would be great for Chelsea. Krul would be great for Arsenal. Cisse would be great for Tottenham. (MCity doesn't need anyone.)

Come on, everyone! Let's rob Newcastle!

Kyoufu

Cabaye would be great for MUnited. Ben Arfa would be great for Liverpool. Coloccinin would be great for Chelsea. Krul would be great for Arsenal. Cisse would be great for Tottenham. (MCity doesn't need anyone.)

Come on, everyone! Let's rob Newcastle!

50 million for each.

Zabojnik

Rock-solid! I was impressed by Lich too!

And with Masi and Caceres, we suddenly have too many options. :p

Caceres <3

Get well soon Martin!

barcelona+official+martin+caceres.jpg
No_Country_For_Old_Men.jpg

Is he the guy that goofed that last chance?

No, Schieber was the one with the almost-assist. Leitner fucked up which is getting a bit ridiculous. He's a midfielder with a nice shot and already scored some nice goals for the German U-national teams. But he totally sucks in front of the goal for us lol

Meier

I don't understand the supposed Sinclair interest.. Johnson was just about as prolific as him and he played far less. It's not like there's much of an age difference either. Sign a CB and a DM and the rest is icing on the cake but get those guys signed first.

Edit: Supposedly we're set to only bid £5m. I guess he's worth a punt at that price. I just don't see any way he'd get on the pitch though unless we have a buyer for Johnson lined up.

Hixx

I don't understand the supposed Sinclair interest.. Johnson was just about as prolific as him and he played far less. It's not like there's much of an age difference either. Sign a CB and a DM and the rest is icing on the cake but get those guys signed first.

Edit: Supposedly he'd only cost £5m. I guess he's worth a punt at that price. I just don't see any way he'd get on the pitch though unless we have a buyer for Johnson lined up.

*whistle*

Everton. FUCKERS

Meier

*whistle*

I think he'd do quite well at Sunderland and/or just about any PL squad who wasn't a top 5 kinda team. He's a talented guy who should score a decent number of goals if he's given the time on the pitch. I just hope we don't take a cut-rate price because he's under contract for 5 years and we don't NEED to get rid of him.

Meier

Two goals for Dzeko in the first half of our friendly versus Limerick. It'll be a shame to see him go when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom