• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00994/USAIN_BOLT_2_682x40_994913a.jpg[img]

SAF should sign him up, he'll be as good as Walcott :P[/QUOTE]

He's always fancied himself as a tasty footballer, he's always said he'd play for United in a heartbeat if they came calling. They should give him a trial :lol

Keio

For a Finer World
How much does it cost?

It's 170 euros for the "lowest tier" games and then up to 240 for games like Man United, City, including trip, match tickets & one night in hotel at Newcastle (3 nights total). A bit more if you go for the "VIP arrangement". It's 2 persons per cabin/hotel room. I'm trying to convince my wife to join me, otherwise I guess it's random placement. NL Gaf trip an option?

Feorax

Suspect we're going to see movement both ways at Liverpool this week. Not entirely sure we're going to like a lot of it... :(

Wessiej

It's 170 euros for the "lowest tier" games and then up to 240 for games like Man United, City, including trip, match tickets & one night in hotel at Newcastle (3 nights total). A bit more if you go for the "VIP arrangement". It's 2 persons per cabin/hotel room. I'm trying to convince my wife to join me, otherwise I guess it's random placement. NL Gaf trip an option?

From what site is this? Sounds great.

Fry

haha

ibjAlfh48UnhMD.jpg

Schweine and Usain Bolt.

Wilbur

Banned
I need Sleeping Dogs to come out soon.

Haven't really played my PS3 in months.

Played through both Arkham games after seeing Batman but apart from that nothing for about 2/3 months.

Waiting for PES or FIFA to come out and actually be good this year.

K1LLER7

He's always fancied himself as a tasty footballer, he's always said he'd play for United in a heartbeat if they came calling. They should give him a trial :lol
He'd be a decent player at LB and if it doesn't work out we could always sell him to Newcastle.

For 50m :p

Is it not a bit late for Arsenal to be going on a pre-season training camp? The season starts in less than two weeks.
They've already had one. Going on a second one with all their returning international players.

United have done more or less the same thing.

Pace is useless if you suck like Obertan. Championship level player at best.

BTW I read here http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-breaking-contracts.htm that a player can break a contract if a club refuses to sell him or offer a better contract.

Come on Mathieu, do it.
Get yourself together.

Mastadon

Banned
Suspect we're going to see movement both ways at Liverpool this week. Not entirely sure we're going to like a lot of it... :(

Yeah, I'm resigned to the fact that we'll be losing at least one of our CB's. I trust Rodger's to re-invest it wisely though.

Pace is useless if you suck like Obertan. Championship level player at best.

BTW I read here http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-breaking-contracts.htm that a player can break a contract if a club refuses to sell him or offer a better contract.

Come on Mathieu, do it.

Get a grip son.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i hate you roony beacous i am muslim

Oh dear
a0yuq.gif
a0yuq.gif
a0yuq.gif
a0yuq.gif

Look at these JT Arsenal players who saw more red cards than trophies in their careers.

http://www.abload.de/img/dsadsadsads4gssn.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Not really. Arsenal were undefeated, he got someone sent off and then he missed a penalty. Pretty fair :p

I was disappointed we didn't rub it in Totti's face when Buffon saved his penalty.

Mastadon

Banned
Why do you guys think LFC will be losing some players?

Ravel Morrison joining Birmingham City on loan apparently. Haha.

Strong interest from CL teams for Skrtel and Agger. You can only use the "we're rebuilding, give it another year" excuse so many times I suppose.

Mastadon

Banned
I thought it was just City inquiring about Agger.

Please don't sell him to them.

Barca are widely reporting as being interested as well, as a backup if they don't get Martinez. It's a bit like the RVP situation. Agger has an awful injury record, and this is really the first season in ages he's actually played the majority of matches. He's probably my favourite player, but if the big boys are offering silly money for him, then it's difficult to see him staying.

Slizz

People complaining about the Beach Volleyball players in Bikini's..... Lemme tell you, basically yoga pants and a bikini top is just as good..... Which is whats been happening for all the night matches so far.

Arnie

Barca are widely reporting as being interested as well, as a backup if they don't get Martinez. It's a bit like the RVP situation. Agger has an awful injury record, and this is really the first season in ages he's actually played the majority of matches. He's probably my favourite player, but if the big boys are offering silly money for him, then it's difficult to see him staying.
Unlike Van Persie, though, Agger is happy to stay.

Although I see the logic in selling him for the cash, should an insane offer come in, I think the ramifications of both allowing your best players to go as well as selling to buy are much larger when you consider what our other good players will think.

Now I think of it not that surprised that some of Liverpool's better players could be leaving. Those guys will want to be playing in the CL and trying to win major trophies, Liverpool don't look like they'll be doing that in the immediate future. Depends how badly they want to move I guess but it's easy to be tempted.

They're in a bit of an Arsenal situation I guess. I know most Liverpool fans don't expect 4th place this season but I think they really need it.

Arnie

Now I think of it not that surprised that some of Liverpool's better players could be leaving. Those guys will want to be playing in the CL and trying to win major trophies, Liverpool don't look like they'll be doing that in the immediate future. Depends how badly they want to move I guess but it's easy to be tempted.

They're in a bit of an Arsenal situation I guess. I know most Liverpool fans don't expect 4th place this season but I think they really need it.

Much different to Arsenal, in my opinion. Arsenal can offer Champions League in the immediate future, and their team is already brimming with Champions League calibre players. We're at 'year zero', as it's been dubbed. Think of when Benitez came in, it took four years of moderate (for a top club) spending to get to that position where we'd built a team that could challenge for the league. Rodgers has made no mistake of his aspirations to build a team that can challenge for that, but it'll take time.

If you look at our signings and outgoings, this is quite clearly telegraphed. We could've squeezed another couple of years out of Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, but they wouldn't be of much use to us in a few years time when the squad's ready to truly challenge. Players like Borini, Allen, even those like Henderson and Coates, they're not there just yet but there's enough potential to suggest that with top coaching methodologies (that Rodgers can provide) we can be around the top in years to come.

Despite our league position though, our team isn't miles away from the likes of Tottenham, or Arsenal (on the whole, Arsenal's attack is miles better), we just need good coaching and confidence to play like we can. We outplayed the likes of Arsenal, United, Chelsea, and City last season, but our profligate finishing let us down. Obviously we're not as good as those teams I've mentioned, but we're not light years away either. And that's why I think we should hold onto Agger, because I believe with the right additions and an injection of style, we might get there sooner than a lot of people think.

What new (to me) game should I play?

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Dead Space 2 (PS3)
Devil May Cry (PS2)
Bioshock 2 (PS3)
Condemned 2 (PS3)
Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood (PS3)

Much different to Arsenal, in my opinion. Arsenal can offer Champions League in the immediate future, and their team is already brimming with Champions League calibre players. We're at 'year zero', as it's been dubbed. Think of when Benitez came in, it took four years of moderate (for a top club) spending to get to that position where we'd built a team that could challenge for the league. Rodgers has made no mistake of his aspirations to build a team that can challenge for that, but it'll take time.

If you look at our signings and outgoings, this is quite clearly telegraphed. We could've squeezed another couple of years out of Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, but they wouldn't be of much use to us in a few years time when the squad's ready to truly challenge. Players like Borini, Allen, even those like Henderson and Coates, they're not there just yet but there's enough potential to suggest that with top coaching methodologies (that Rodgers can provide) we can be around the top in years to come.

Despite our league position though, our team isn't miles away from the likes of Tottenham, or Arsenal (on the whole, Arsenal's attack is miles better), we just need good coaching and confidence to play like we can. We outplayed the likes of Arsenal, United, Chelsea, and City last season, but our profligate finishing let us down. Obviously we're not as good as those teams I've mentioned, but we're not light years away either. And that's why I think we should hold onto Agger, because I believe with the right additions and an injection of style, we might get there sooner than a lot of people think.
That's true but if you don't get CL next season, maybe Suarez, Reina and Agger will start to look elsewhere...if clubs want them. That sets the whole process back.

Arnie

That's true but if you don't get CL next season, maybe Suarez, Reina and Agger will start to look elsewhere...if clubs want them. That sets the whole process back.

I think that's why we need to hope Rodgers is as charismatic and impressive as everyone who's interacted with him says he is. Not surprised Torres left after six months of Woy's excuse ridden, counter attack minded drivel. I've got an image of Rodgers telling Reina in fluent Spanish to get involved with play, and I've got a feeling Reina will love it, as an example.

What new (to me) game should I play?

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Dead Space 2 (PS3)
Devil May Cry (PS2)
Bioshock 2 (PS3)
Condemned 2 (PS3)
Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood (PS3)

Silent hill 2. Silent hill 2. Silent hill 2. No doubt my favorite game. Dead space is kind of shit and prince of persia (i assume it's the cel shaded one) is really shit.

Uh-oh! "Globo Espote", apparently a reliable Brazilian paper, say Lucas Moura is going to joing PSG after being very close to a move to MUFC.

Clegg, you okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom