• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's going on with Fry8? I hear Galatasary want him on loan AGAIN? No, no, no guys. Just buy him. 7m. And we'll throw in Iaquinta if Fulham don't want this top striker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So what's going on with Fry8? I hear Galatasary want him on loan AGAIN? No, no, no guys. Just buy him. 7m. And we'll throw in Iaquinta if Fulham don't want this top striker.
We can't negotiate properly with them if there are no other suitors. They know we're desperate and Marotta is going to blink first.

Clegg

Resi 6 looks interesting, if only for the direction they're taking with the branching story.

Not too sure about the gameplay though. Looks like they're just taking Resi 5 to the next level.

I'm beginning to think that 4 was just a fluke.

elsk

Banned
Capcom has been shit in the last few years. They started nicely this gen with Dead Rising and Lost Planet but somehow they managed to release pure shit after that.

Carbonox

I though it was pretty good when playing with a friend. Feel like playing Resi 4 again.

Co-op makes it more enjoyable from a gameplay perspective but the minute you head to the tribe areas (chapter 3 I think), the game drops in to fucking god awful territory. Worst mid-game I've experienced in some years.

I find Resident Evil 6 to be a billion times more appealing.

Bumhead

Banned
Resident Evil 5 is my guilty pleasure game of the generation. I hate many, many things about it and when asked always say it's shite, but it's also probably my most completed game of the generation.

I'm a sucker for any game that allows you to replay the single player with currency collecting and upgrade purchasing, and RE5 was just about short enough/entertaining enough on co-op to give me loads of joy with all that stuff.

Carbonox

Resident Evil 5 is my guilty pleasure game of the generation. I hate many, many things about it and when asked always say it's shite, but it's also probably my most completed game of the generation.

I'm a sucker for any game that allows you to replay the single player with currency collecting and upgrade purchasing, and RE5 was just about short enough/entertaining enough on co-op to give me loads of joy with all that stuff.

Heh, it's up there for me as well, alongside Mass Effect 2, 3, Bayonetta and Deus Ex Human Revolution. Fitting that I have the Platinum Trophies in all of the above as well.

jtb

Banned
some arsenal musings...

so all quiet on the Walcott front? That's a shame, with Cazorla coming in (and the addition of Podolski), there's definitely more than enough quality on the wings... and there's still no assurance he'll sign a new deal, given he'll almost certainly want silly money. play him as a striker, or ship him the fuck out.

Cazorla deal remains... unfinished. Same with Sahin. And 17 days for M'Vila... I forget when he posted that, but time is clearly running out for our good friend. I'm fine with RVP leaving on a free because I think he would give it his all in his final year to boost his value upon his impending move to Anzhi, but I'd still prefer him to be sold for 20m.

I think Arsenal will probably finish 2nd or 3rd this year. The biggest determining factor will not be our new signings, who are all fantastic, but whether last summers signings, who were all pretty decent buys but almost all in the wrong parts of the team, can make the step up to a title contending team. Gervinho is class, I have faith in him. He had a horrible start to last season, and right when he was finding his feet, he missed the crucial penalty at the ACON. Ox should get time to develop, and with enough depth on the wings, hopefully we won't need to rely on a teenager. Arteta will have a backup and it'll be interesting to see how he slots in with Wilshere.

Key thing is that Arsenal finally have depth; even with last year's best XI (which was significantly weakened from 2010-2011 without Cesc, Nasri and the like), we managed to beat the best PL teams on our day. what we've always needed is depth. Now we have depth in all positions, proven depth, except for RB. I have to imagine Wenger is shopping around for a RB because it is simply negligent to rely on Sagna, who we know is injury prone and probably won't be ready for the start of the season... if he's shopping for a Wilshere cover, he needs to buy a RB. any will do; I never want to see an Arsenal back four made up of four center defenders ever again.

Buy a RB, even Andre Santos level of shit (but certainly not Jenkinson levels of shit), and this team is challenging for the title until the final days of the season, goes further in the CL than any other PL team, and could win a trophy. Even if it is just the League or FA cup.

--
I missed out on random prediction time earlier, but here goes nothing:

PL: United
Arsenal
City
Spurs
Chelsea
Newcastle
Everton
Liverpool

Mancini will be sacked upon failing to retain the PL title and implosion in Europe
Di Matteo will quietly be allowed to resign
Rodgers will get another year because he will have qualified for the Europa League again, even if missing out through league qualification yet again
No player will score more than 10 league goals for Liverpool
Giroud will score 20 league goals this season, provided he stays fit.
AVB will get another year, might even win the Europa League again (if Levy buys a striker)
this title will be hailed as Ferguson's "BEST EVER" (but it will really be ARsenal and City implosions that hand him the title and, even then, difference between first and third will be... 5-6 points at most)

I'm sipping the kool-aid and goddman it tastes delicious.

K1LLER7

Nah. Dragon's Dogma is pretty awesome.
Was going to say this :)

On the Lucas transfer. There's a guy on twitter who says Lucas is set to have a medical at United next Monday. Wouldn't really believe him but he did break the Kagawa transfer a while before it happened.

Clegg

Was going to say this :)

On the Lucas transfer. There's a guy on twitter who says Lucas is set to have a medical at United next Monday. Wouldn't really believe him but he did break the Kagawa transfer a while before it happened.

Wasn't Kagawa to United a well known fact ages before he signed.

I thought it was just his international duties with Japan that held up the signing?

Wilbur

Banned
Time to start printing the t-shirts

PA-12343382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom