• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Standard Corrupted strikes

edit: I hate the RE story, but I love the MGS story, not because of the plot-line, which is pure camp, but because of how the gameplay and story reflect each other. Always seemed like a brilliant commentary on video games.

LegoArmo

I think Sao Paulo and Lucas' agent are just spreading these stories to try and get a better deal. Lucas and his parents want him to sign for United.

That's my piece of muppetry for the day.

I think Sao Paulo and Lucas' agent are just spreading these stories to try and get a better deal. Lucas and his parents want him to sign for United.

That's my piece of muppetry for the day.
Morrati has said that PSG's €45m is too much for them to compete with so yeah...think it could be very real.

I love David Luiz...

iMMcoUgTqINQu.gif

ATF487

Cool Guardian article. South Korea and Japan seem to have what a lot of African countries are missing; successful, stable domestic leagues in a developed economy. If China can ever get their sporting culture more aligned with the other eastern nations, it'll be amazing to see what happens.

Facism

Gold Member
We can't negotiate properly with them if there are no other suitors. They know we're desperate and Marotta is going to blink first.

you guys mean Melo, right?

Problems with the transfer:

Juve overvalue him @ 13 million, 29 years of age and they clearly don't want him.
Melo's representative company want 1.9 million in fees for any transfer.
Galatasaray will only offer 6 million total for Melo, who will likely have minimal resale value again outside of the Turkish league.

Good news:

Melo and Galatasaray have agreed personal terms.

Salvadora

What is said there?

According to British newspaper 'Metro' the United submit an offer for the young player malaguista by a lower figure than the 20 million who introduced the clause. And is that the economic difficulties throughout the Costa del Sol have caused Cazorla and out of Arsenal and Rubin Kazan Russian Rondon and could still be increasing in the coming days.

Isco came to Malaga from Valencia last season. The PAN group paid six million for the midfielder of 20 years.

Howdy, Footy-GAF, what's been going on...

Lucas is signing for PSG.
Anderson is still fat
Aquilani left Liverpool
Anderson is still fat
Every big PL club has had a shit pre season
Mancini said City aren't interested in RVP anymore
Bob Cass is full of shit
Anderson is still fat

tumblr_m4lwlgTFSn1rwt5bfo1_250.gif

Honestly, I'm not too broken up over
probably
not signing Lucas. I do cry myself to sleep every night knowing that Fergie will never find value in the CM market, though. :(

ledman

Today is one of the saddest days as a São Paulo fan for me. I watched all Lucas games since he was just a junior playing on the São Paulo Sub-19 team, most of you guys only have seen him playing as a reserve on Brazil national team so you don't know for sure what kind of player he really is, he can score goals from long range or dribbling through the defence, he steals a lot of balls, is a clutch performer and scored a ton of last minutes goals here and above all, he is a really great kid who doesn't try to be the center of attentions like Neymar or Ganso and really give his heart in every move and game.

São Paulo FC is the Brazilian team who selled more players to foreign clubs in history, so losing young players is nothing new to us, but Lucas was different,the last time I felt something similliar was when Kaka left us.
Man UTD lose the opportunity to sign a great player who is bound to be one of the best players of this generation.

Wilbur

Banned
Today is one of the saddest days as a São Paulo fan for me. I watched all Lucas games since he was just a junior playing on the São Paulo Sub-19 team, most of you guys only have seen him playing as a reserve on Brazil national team so you don't know for sure what kind of player he really is, he can score goals from long range or dribbling through the defence, he steals a lot of balls, is a clutch performer and scored a ton of last minutes goals here and above all, he is a really great kid who doesn't try to be the center of attentions like Neymar or Ganso and really give his heart in every move and game.

São Paulo FC is the Brazilian team who selled more players to foreign clubs in histoy, so losing young players is nothing new to us, but Lucas was different,the last time I felt something similliar was when Kaka left us.
Man UTD lose the opportunity to sign a great player who is bound to be one of the best players of this generation.

FUCK NOW I WANT HIM

Seriously, I haven't seen too much of him so something like this is better than any Daily Mail piece. It's just we don't need him right now.

Fucking PSG, regardless.

elsk

Banned

São Paulo FC is the Brazilian team who selled more players to foreign clubs in history, so losing young players is nothing new to us, but Lucas was different,the last time I felt something similliar was when Kaka left us.

Finally.
Is he a CAM or a winger? Thanks.

dc89

Are you Lucas' agent? The PR is...beautiful.

K1LLER7

I'm still waiting till after the Olympics, if we sign him it would be great but if you offered him or Sahin for a move to United, most people on here would take Sahin. But knowing we might not get either is a shite feeling.

Btw did Morrati actually say PSG made a bid of €45m? Or is that just some rumour.

Zabojnik

I think Moratti just wants Inter fans to think they tried their best to sign him.

I'm not sure how much Moratti really wanted him in the first place. Lucas is a big favourite of coach Stramaccioni, that's no secret. From what I heard Inter had an agreement both with the player and the club at some point in the past weeks, but decided to wait instead of signing him right away. Cause: Moratti wasn't convinced it was such a great idea given the age / price. They then lost their advantage and the rest is history. Or will be soon.

Clegg

Maybe Inter, after that, will think outside the box and sign an italian player instead. Nah.
I read somewhere that Inter were looking at Gaston Ramirez.

Btw did Morrati actually say PSG made a bid of €45m? Or is that just some rumour.

Its not a rumour unfortunately.

"We would never have gone up to that sum," Moratti told Sky Sport Italia. "In any case, there are no regrets that we didn't finish off the move, as the cost was already pretty high a few days ago.

"The €45 million that PSG offered is completely illogical and for us it would have been very out of key with our approach.

"PSG are starting a new era, so they are completely reconstructing the squad. At least I can relish the fact I'm saving money."

ledman

Finally.
Is he a CAM or a winger? Thanks.

He played on both positions here, but his best performances was when he played almost as a second stiker, not in the middle but not too close to the sidelines, almost in the position that Messi plays.

Are you Lucas' agent? The PR is...beautiful.

Saddly no, but I know a lot about Brazilian football and I am a fanatic SPFC fan, I watched the first Lucas game to be televised in Brazil on a sub-17 tournament with almost 100 teams, Lucas as our best player , scoring goals in really tense moments in the knockout games and becoming champion at the end. He is the only one who comes close to Neymar IMO.

Clegg

Saddly no, but I know a lot about Brazilian football and I am a fanatic SPFC fan, I watched the first Lucas game to be televised in Brazil on a sub-17 tournament with almost 100 teams, Lucas as our best player , scoring goals in really tense moments in the knockout games and becoming champion at the end. He is the only one who comes close to Neymar IMO.

You think hes going to PSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom