• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he loves Ivanovic.

Well..

ibfs5QwNVZtTkb.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Really should have kept the FootyGAF blog going, would have been nice to have a Brazilian perspective, English, German, Italian, Spanish... could have had Elsk writing about Honduran football, Fady doing UAE football, Clegg writing about the trials and tribulations of Irish league football.

We'd be like a more perverted FourFourTwo or World Soccer

ledman

You think hes going to PSG?

I daily visit blogs of journalists and fans that are really close to the SPFC board of directors and from what I already know, our president , Juvenal Juvencio was really afraid to sell him because of the reaction of the fans, but the fans reacted in favor of the transfer because the money ManUTD offered is enough to us to buy a incredible team here so he regretted the decision and was waiting for another Man UTD offer, but PSG made a offer yesterday and looks that our directors already accepted it.
The only question that remains is if the transfer you go through this window of transfer our the next, so Lucas can play for us our national championship that is currently in the middle.

So how about that Leandro Damiao, ey? What's the word on the street? Is he moving? How would you rate him on a scale from 'worse than Pazzini' to 'better than Pazzini'?

Internacional really wants to sell him, they already have Forlan on their team, this shows they don't want Damião anymore, Milan is the close to sign him I believe.
He is way better than Pazzini, but he is a bit inconsitent, he can make 3 goals one day and disappear on the pitch in the next one.

Clegg

I've only just realised something.

Did the Glazers change the terms of the IPO because of the Chevy deal.

As in they now want to take 150m of the proceeds because they know Uniteds short term future is guaranteed by the sponsorship deal.

The sponsorship deal is great but a lot of that money will be used on the interest payments. We need on field success to continue to buy back those bonds.

Meier

City V Limerick highlights.

We'll sell you Suarez for £30m UnitedGAF.

My GOD at that dribbling by Clichy at 1:57! I wish Sunhi was around to gif that.. where's he been lately? :(

Fantastic dribbling and ball by Milner to set up Dzeko's first. Incredible pass by Suarez for Boyata's goal (nice finish for the big man!).. that guy is going to be very special. Dzeko's effort to get his second was superb.. you love to see a guy be that active in a situation like that. A number of strikers would just kinda lollygag around and let them clear it away after all that.

He is way better than Pazzini, but he is a bit inconsitent, he can make 3 goals one day and disappear on the pitch in the next one.

Then I'd rather have Pazzini if we can't have our "top striker." Between Pirlo, Giovinco, and Vidal he won't be lacking for service. What we need is a striker who can consistently put them in. We've had enough disappearing players in Amauri alone.

Zabojnik

Here's a couple of shots of chinese Juve fans greeting the team at the Bird's Nest stadium.

juvecina01.png

juvecina03.png

juvecina04.png

juvecina05.png

juvecina06.png

Vidal fan? :D
juvecina07.png

juvecina08.png

Apparently they were also chanting 'noi non siamo Napoletani'. Priceless.

/PR

I've only just realised something.

Did the Glazers change the terms of the IPO because of the Chevy deal.

As in they now want to take 150m of the proceeds because they know Uniteds short term future is guaranteed by the sponsorship deal.

The sponsorship deal is great but a lot of that money will be used on the interest payments. We need on field success to continue to buy back those bonds.
Doubt it. Doesn't make sense. If that was the case they'd be better off paying down debt now and then taking all the extra money from the Chevy deal themselves.

They wanted/needed that money now, so I think it was the plan all along.

Asian sporting fans are amazing. Have you seen Japanese baseball fans? I'm desperate to the Hanshin Tigers play baseball in Kobe. I'd say they make us dense football fans look timid in our love for our teams.

Clegg

Doubt it. Doesn't make sense. If that was the case they'd be better off paying down debt now and then taking all the extra money from the Chevy deal themselves.

They wanted/needed that money now, so I think it was the plan all along.

Do you think they'll be taking some of the proceeds from the Chevy deal too?

As far as we know, this deal has a big up front payment. Think the Glazers will take that for themselves?

Tc91

Tempted to get a Juve triads spesh, always like Juve as a club went to see Rafael and Fabio's debut (I think?) vs them and the Gary Neville testimonial.

Who to get on the back..

Do you think they'll be taking some of the proceeds from the Chevy deal too?

As far as we know, this deal has a big up front payment. Think the Glazers will take that for themselves?
Yeah almost definitely.

For some reason I convinced myself with the IPO they were doing something for the good of the club. They won't do that if they need some help themselves. Reckon they need money right now and will take whatever they can get.

IPO isn't looking like being any sort of success at the moment either.

dc89

Following his mate Juan to Barca.

Joan dude. It's Joan.

My GOD at that dribbling by Clichy at 1:57! I wish Sunhi was around to gif that.. where's he been lately? :(

Fantastic dribbling and ball by Milner to set up Dzeko's first. Incredible pass by Suarez for Boyata's goal (nice finish for the big man!).. that guy is going to be very special. Dzeko's effort to get his second was superb.. you love to see a guy be that active in a situation like that. A number of strikers would just kinda lollygag around and let them clear it away after all that.

GIF'ing the Olympics I guess. Hopefully he'll be back on Sunday for City V Chelsea!

Clegg, Suarez can play CM. United need a CM. £30m and he's yours. He's 18, younger than Moura, so make it £32m

Zabojnik

Then I'd rather have Pazzini if we can't have our "top striker." Between Pirlo, Giovinco, and Vidal he won't be lacking for service. What we need is a striker who can consistently put them in. We've had enough disappearing players in Amauri alone.

Speaking of Giovinco, he's filled out really nicely over the last two seasons. He'll never be as beefy as Messi, but you can tell he's been working out.

Before:
C_3_Media_550959_immagine_l.jpg

Now:
Giovinco.jpg

I have a great feeling about Seba. Cannot fucking wait to see him play.

Tempted to get a Juve triads spesh, always like Juve as a club went to see Rafael and Fabio's debut (I think?) vs them and the Gary Neville testimonial.

Who to get on the back..

magliawillbury.png

The great Bob speaks:

Dat backtracking
For once I feel bad for Bob Cass. I'm 100% convinced his information was/is good. Not sure about the medical but that Lucas was very close to signing for us. He was a bit of a twat the way he went about it, fair enough.

PSG bid has come out of nowhere at the very last minute. Guess its not done till its done so he shouldn't have been so sure of himself, but he hasn't made it all up.

Always liked the look of Giovinco. Always assumed he would become a star of Italian football. Then I stopped watching Italian football and a couple of years later he's at Parma. Thought it was strange.

Willing to bet he'll come good for Juve once again.

Clegg

For once I feel bad for Bob Cass. I'm 100% convinced his information was/is good. Not sure about the medical but that Lucas was very close to signing for us. He was a bit of a twat the way he went about it, fair enough.

PSG bid has come out of nowhere at the very last minute. Guess its not done till its done so he shouldn't have been so sure of himself, but he hasn't made it all up.

I agree.

He certainly hasn't helped himself though. Especially when he said that he never writes a story he isn't 100 sure on. He has written plenty of nonsense stories over the years.

Zabojnik

Always liked the look of Giovinco. Always assumed he would become a star of Italian football. Then I stopped watching Italian football and a couple of years later he's at Parma. Thought it was strange.

Willing to bet he'll come good for Juve once again.

So did we, so did we. But as much as I loved him and believed in him back then, he wasn't ready for a big club. Hell, even Marchisio wasn't. I think now he may be, finally. He did very well at Parma and I don't think we've seen the best from him yet.

LOL.

I'm thinking Pirlo. Are Juve gonna sign anyone?

It's a race between Damiao and Pazzini.
:(

Meier

Not sure how the US didn't get a penalty kick there after Wambach was practically murdered in the box.

Not to mention this was right after she was rather viciously fouled at the edge.

Meier

Why do Italian websites keep saying Guidetti to Sunderland is close. Stop fucking me about, Italy!!

If he stays within the Premier League, Marwood better not be dumb enough to actually sell him outright. Shit, he better not do it in general.. Guidetti is too good to let go yet.

Emhemed

That €45m offer for Lucas !!

PSG are looking very dangerous with their goddamn Qatari money. I would love to see PSG play City & Real Madrid in the same group though. Europe biggest spenders go head to head, should be fun

Hixx

If he stays within the Premier League, Marwood better not be dumb enough to actually sell him outright. Shit, he better not do it in general.. Guidetti is too good to let go yet.

The initial rumour was £1.5m for the season loan, £7m option to buy end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom