• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Good news on Suarez. But I'm still not sure Agger will stay. Had to be City of all teams.

Mario Gomez had a surgery. Will be out for +3 weeks.

qindarka

Banned
Start the off-season almost certainly signing Hulk. End it with Victor Moses. Uhhh.
mgs3gtt9cm.jpg

Lets not get too greedy. We've already spent 60 million pounds. Truth be told, even I am beginning to feel sick at how much we are spending.

Meier

Good news on Suarez. But I'm still not sure Agger will stay. Had to be City of all teams.

Mario Gomez had a surgery. Will be out for +3 weeks.

I thought elsk said 3 months for Mario yesterday? I'm not sure if he'll consider 3 weeks a good or bad thing..

Arnie

That's true. I just don't want any deadline day surprises.

If we do sell him it won't be on deadline day, the fans would be livid. We'd have to reinvest all the money before the end of the window. I know Agger didn't want to leave, but when he sees how the club are listening to offers, and demanding certain fees, he might start to feel a little less loyalty.

Meier

He is a pretty big JT. Arguably even more than Suarez (imo).

I know he has a bit of a cocky attitude and got a second yellow/red card for taking his shirt off, but I hadn't heard too much more beyond that. Has he been involved in other altercations? 20 goals in 23 appearances probably would make anyone a bit cocksure.

Meier

Scoring goals in the Eredivisie is nothing to get cocky about.

It took RVP 2.5 years for Feyenoord's 1st team to get 15 goals and 9 assists. It took Guidetti 1 season to bag 20 goals and 8 assists. It's a relatively "easy" league, but it's still the 5th or 6th best in Europe. You're not going to find many 19 year old kids scoring that easily who don't get a bit of an ego.

It took RVP 2.5 years for Feyenoord's 1st team to get 15 goals and 9 assists. It took Guidetti 1 season to bag 20 goals and 8 assists. It's a relatively "easy" league, but it's still the 5th or 6th best in Europe. You're not going to find many 19 year old kids scoring that easily who don't get a bit of an ego.
I was just messing anyway, I think anybody who is a pro footballer these days can quite easily build an ego.

I don't know much about Guidetti or his antics...but generally I stand by my point about scoring goals in the Dutch league. It proves nothing for me and many players have scored freely there and looks the business but not lived up to the billing when they've gone elsewhere.

RVP wasn't a striker in his earlier days either.

Meier

RVP wasn't a striker in his earlier days either.

Good (and obviously very valid) point but I'm sure a young guy there is going to use RVP's success while at Feyenoord as the benchmark even if it isn't a fair comparison. I definitely want to see how well Guidetti succeeds in the PL.. I think everyone would prefer he go to a squad where he's a primary target and isn't just bench coverage like he'd be at Liverpool.

Regardless though, I was honestly curious if he had any JT-esque instances outside of the shirt removal as I wasn't familiar with them.

confuziz

Banned
I am not a big fan of Guidetti, and I'm not only talking about his behaviour. He's very much a 'moment' footballer and he lacks a lot of basic techniques (much like Suarez).

7 of the 20 goals he scored came from penalties, and about 50% of the remaining goals were tap-ins.

Good (and obviously very valid) point but I'm sure a young guy there is going to use RVP's success while at Feyenoord as the benchmark even if it isn't a fair comparison. I definitely want to see how well Guidetti succeeds in the PL.. I think everyone would prefer he go to a squad where he's a primary target and isn't just bench coverage like he'd be at Liverpool.
Personally I think City should sell Tevez/Dzeko and keep Guidetti as 4th choice.

Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli are 3 great options as it is. A promising and young 4th option like Guidetti is a nice option to have.

dc89

Another day without signings.
Another day closer to the start of the season.
Another day closer to the closure of the transfer window.

:(

Wilbur

Banned
Personally I think City should sell Tevez/Dzeko and keep Guidetti as 4th choice.

Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli are 3 great options as it is. A promising and young 4th option like Guidetti is a nice option to have.

Yeah, Aguero is obviously first choice and I can see Balotelli being there as well after his Euros. Dzeko won't want to be fourth choice. I think he'd be great starting for Juve every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom