• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

ec9db5d6-f9db-4485-bf44-d5e2e2fae129.jpg

Pirlo is slowly turning into Chuck Norris.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm also asking a question about Wilbury's opinion on Villas Boas and the information I did present would be difficult to argue against, no?

No. I repeat:

Winning the Europa League is a difficult proposition, regardless of the players he had. It's a continental competition. It's like saying Barca have no excuses for not winning the CL with their players, but its not as easy as that. He also went unbeaten with Porto, something Mourinho didn't do.

He bombed at Chelsea but it seems like a difficult club to do it at. They're the club that sacked Mourinho. Every time they've done well since - Grant, Hiddink, RDM and Ancelotti - have all been company men who have given a lot of the power to the players. I think Ancelotti's fantastic but working under Berlusconi and Abramovich must have been pretty similar situations.

His voice makes me erect.

Arnie

The important thing for Villas Boas is to slow down how he's assimilating his ideas into the group. It's clear he tried too much, too quickly at Chelsea, and brought his ideas in regardless of the players he had available to him.

It'll be interesting if Liverpool buy Allen, and Spurs by Moutinho, to see how those players influence the new style of play both managers wish to implement.

Bumhead

Banned
If Yorkshire was a country we would be 9th in the Olympic table. Take that, Australia.

Our teams are shit at football but at least we've got something.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Spurs are going to be very good this season and AVB is going to do well.

I think they will but it's such a packed field that it's impossible to predict whether very well means 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Chelsea have the firepower to finish high but RDM will let them down, so I'm going for them for 5th.

jtb

Banned
re:AVB... I know he likes to get rid of the older players (he got rid of Miereles first at Porto, though that might not have been his decision... and he obviously tried to force out the senior players at Chelsea), read that he's letting Gallas go? Seems like Spurs will be short a defender or two with King's retirement and especially if he plans on playing a suicidally high line. Besides that, if AVB gets a proven finisher (read: not Adebayor), they can be really good with players like Gylfi, Bale, and VDV in midfield (and who knows about Modric...).

The pieces are all there for Spurs to do well this year; just need a final piece or two to complete the squad, I think. Long term pieces, too... not stopgaps like Parker or a world class striker on a loan deal. I do think AVB is a far better prospect for building a long-term team than Harry, and most of the Spurs team is quite young.

Bungie you have a penchant for making things as personal as possible. I posted a screwy list deliberately as everyone else basically had the top 6 or 7 unchanged from last year. I have no real interest in predicting something so far away, especially when the transfer window isn't over yet. We still have a few more stars to sell.

I'm also asking a question about Wilbury's opinion on Villas Boas and the information I did present would be difficult to argue against, no?

I wasn't my intention to attack you in any way. I genuinely thought that was a serious prediction you posted.

Maybe it's something I should work on :/ Apologies to anyone else if I've said anything personal to you. I honestly didn't know I came across that way.

Wilbur

Banned
Parker's nowhere near the first choice team this year I think. Sandro and Huddlestone will be ahead of him, injuries permitting.

I wasn't my intention to attack you in any way. I genuinely thought that was a serious prediction you posted.

Maybe it's something I should work on :/ Apologies to anyone else if I've said anything personal to you. I honestly didn't know I came across that way.
It's cool I forgive you.

Charlie Adam also accepts your apology.

Kyoufu

There's a massive banner at the friendly game over at Hartlepool today saying "BUY DEBUCHY"

:lol

Guess I'm not the only fan going crazy.

Arnie

I think I would. Parker's nothing more than an excitable little dog, really.

If we're characterising players with such disregard then it's also fair to say Huddlestone's a fat lug with an alright pass. Both are unfair, in my opinion.

Yeah, might drop Mata for him
I reckon he'll be 8.5, and I'm dropping Kagawa for him. At least we know Cazorla won't be forced to play as a centre mid.

Feorax

Probably one of the more reliable Liverpool ITK's (who called Rodgers and Borini first I think) just posed this;

Agger does not want to join City so fingers crossed that will not happen and he will stay..

Tello is a loan target..

Sahin is also a target, it will be a straight fight with Arsenal.

Demsey is on going with Adam used as a makeweight, could drag on..

Allen will sign (i personally think he will be a great player.)

Carroll has gone quiet and could possibly be subject of a last minute bid from Newcastle..

Walcott is a target..

I suspect Agger not wanting to join City would not be a show of disrespect or thinking he is better than City, but more to do with the fact that Agger made some pretty vocal statements on what he thought about Torres joining another PL side.

Others points are all feasible and would make a lot of sense for us.

Probably one of the more reliable Liverpool ITK's (who called Rodgers and Borini first I think) just posed this;

Agger does not want to join City so fingers crossed that will not happen and he will stay..

Tello is a loan target..

Sahin is also a target, it will be a straight fight with Arsenal.

Demsey is on going with Adam used as a makeweight, could drag on..

Allen will sign (i personally think he will be a great player.)

Carroll has gone quiet and could possibly be subject of a last minute bid from Newcastle..

Walcott is a target..

I suspect Agger not wanting to join City would not be a show of disrespect or thinking he is better than City, but more to do with the fact that Agger made some pretty vocal statements on what he thought about Torres joining another PL side.

Others points are all feasible and would make a lot of sense for us.
You should have just posted all of that in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom