• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Nothing ban worthy in his history, the only conclusion I can draw is it was self requested.

He's a top poster too, shame.

Salvadora

Not a fan of overt joke posters so it doesn't trouble me. Surprised it didn't happen sooner, what with the moderator's concentrated efforts to make the forum a more mature environment.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same. Not a fan of gaf celebrities either.

Arnie

Wilbury is capable of sensible discussion though, his jokey personality is a pleasant side dish, rather than the main meal.

Wilbur

Banned
That's why he's my favourite poster on GAF. The pictures he posts of himself had me creasing.

381574_2399808328420_557743380_n.jpg

Arnie

Seen a rumour Llorente wants out. Anyone know if there's anything in this?

Can see Liverpool attracting him if they wanted.

Seen it too, also saw that United and Juve are interested. If that's true then we've got no chance. Would spread my wings and fly away to heaven if we went for him though. He'd be like Carroll, but with technical ability.

LegoArmo

Ji and Ki are great. Premier League teams are looking at Ki but he's only 4th choice for Celtic, it's odd, but he's a really good player.

Kyoufu

Apparently Anita has refused to sign a new contract at Ajax and his arrival at Newcastle is expected by the end of the week.

Wessiej have you heard anything?

If Llorente comes to Juve then all this transfer merry-go-round shit was worth it. He's the striker I've wanted to come to Juve ever since I found out Cavani wouldn't come.

But either way it looks like we'll get someone. If Utd get Llorente, we'll get RVP, and vice-versa. If City get RVP we get Dzeko. I don't know if RVP or Dzeko can speak Italian already but Llorente is half there having played in Spain for so long.

And he's younger.
And he's not as fragile as RVP.

But frankly more than anything else I just want this saga to end so we can get on with it.

Arnie

I'd assume 4-3-3 with Ba shunted out onto the left.
Seems everyone and their dog are playing 4-3-3 now.

I remember when Benitez popularised the 4-2-3-1 with a player in the hole, and then it seemed like the perfect way to play, an un-improvable system. In reality it only worked because of how exceptional the spine of Alonso, Masch, Gerrard, and Torres were. A system really is only as good as the players who fill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom