• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I read the other day we hired a new head scout since what seems like half of our department has gone to Liverpool (and Newcastle before that, yeah?).

Brazil is loaded, I'd be happy if he was looking at quite a number of their players.

You're probably looking at Neymar or Romelu.

I just needed an excuse to rant at something.

Carbonox

Problem is we don't even play to Carroll's strengths anymore. It's a bad buy for us. Especially at those prices.

His only true value for us would be coming on from the bench in the last half hour or so, so that we change our usual play style to something more suited to him if the previous style wasn't working. All it adds is another avenue but unfortunately isn't the Plan A we used to utilise.

We should go for someone else. Remy would be a good signing. That Konate we're linked to would be a good youth outlet. We also have to remember that Sammy Ameobi and even Haris Vuckic can bring the youth side to our strike force. Ben Arfa and Obertan (FUCK OFF ALREADY) can play as supporting strikers.

We only need one good-to-great striker to back up Cisse and Ba. Remy would be a good pick cos he can play as a winger too.

We can't forget Shola though. Somehow he's doing a Scott Parker and ageing like a fine wine. Shola has been displaying great vision and playmaking during preseason. Will be a good supporting striker to have (him and Cisse took the piss out of Chelsea at the end of last season).

dc89

I think MUST are run by idiots.

Had to quote the post as its too big otherwise.

They make a few good points. It's also true about the season tickets.

Mancini is at the Brazil game.

Prick better not be looking at Moura.

Would just solidify the thought that City have shit scouts so just go after Uniteds targets instead.

Operation snatch and grab is go.

rodvik

Problem is we don't even play to Carroll's strengths anymore. It's a bad buy for us. Especially at those prices.

I think thats the problem. He doesnt fit in with Rodgers style either. West ham or Stoke would be perfect and Carroll has already turned one of them down.

ty_hot

Good to see Damiao scoring twice. And Oscar has been great lately, thanks god we got our n10 for the WC (beause Ganso stay more in the MD than anyone else).

Also, neymar doing the usual.

Wilbur

Banned
So another player (at the minute) we don't need then? Just like Moura.

If Bolt's a good player I'd fucking take him haha. He'd be on relatively low wages but reel in a fuckload from sponsorships, would be good squad depth to have and we wouldn't have to spend a penny buying him.

Got a hankering to watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy again. Rewatched the ending on Youtube and it's given me the chills like every other time I've seen it.

Meier

You're probably looking at Neymar or Romelu.

I just needed an excuse to rant at something.

Apparently Romulo (sp) just signed for Spartak Moscow this summer so he's probably out of the picture. He's a Defensive Mid so it seems like he would have been a great fit but who knows. I love me some Neymar but I don't think that practically we can afford him right now. Santos seem pretty content to keep him for at least 1 more year though before they probably have to sell him.

Bolt at United even on a trial could be hilariously awesome.

kharma45

If Bolt's a good player I'd fucking take him haha. He'd be on relatively low wages but reel in a fuckload from sponsorships, would be good squad depth to have and we wouldn't have to spend a penny buying him.

Isco, not Bolt :p I'd take Bolt any day of the fucking week!

Wilbur

Banned
Isco, not Bolt :p I'd take Bolt any day of the fucking week!

Oh I know! They play the same position though haha, but yeah god imagine the fucking money rolling in if Bolt signed... shame it would all go in the Glazers pockets.

Would be nice if he was an actual good player though

Wilbur

Banned
I'm actually imaging it now if we he turned out to be decent and we signed him, fucking glorious in my head so it is.

Yep. If he's even a slightly less good Valencia, fucking imagine it.

Can't have him wanting to play every week though. Can't have Nani sold for Usain Bolt :lol

Arnie

Compiling my thoughts on Agger now. Started my article with a lovely little fictional interaction between Ian Ayre and Brian Marwood at some unspecified country club.

Arnie

Mirror jumping on the Liverpool interested in Sahin bandwagon, no doubt just copying Marca. They also say Arsenal won't pursue it if they don't sell Song.

I wouldn't normally give any credence to blatant arse rags like this but the relentless United Moura desperation over the last couple of weeks has drastically lowered my standards.

jtb

Banned
Sahin is an upgrade over Song, no doubt, but it's all bullshit anyways. Wenger's been pretty clear that if we went after Sahin or M'Vila it'd be cover for Wilshere/Diaby, not for Song. Surely if he sells Song (20m plz), we'd get both M'Vila and Sahin? Relying on just one or the other is suicidal, as is relying on Coquelin or *shudder* Frimpong.

plus, Song going to Barca would be hilarious. He'd get zero games. Masch and Busquets are two of the best defensive midfielders in the world, and, unlike Song, actually have a bit of tactical discipline. Hleb all over again.

Feorax

Mirror jumping on the Liverpool interested in Sahin bandwagon, no doubt just copying Marca. They also say Arsenal won't pursue it if they don't sell Song.

I wouldn't normally give any credence to blatant arse rags like this but the relentless United Moura desperation over the last couple of weeks has drastically lowered my standards.

Sahin, Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Henderson and Suso. Thats pretty much 5 or 6 years not needing to invest in the midfield.

Kind of seeing Rodgers plan here.

Arnie

Sahin, Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Henderson and Suso. Thats pretty much 5 or 6 years not needing to invest in the midfield.

Kind of seeing Rodgers plan here.

Would be top notch. Have a feeling Sahin wouldn't be a long term player, though. He seems pretty insistent on wanting to go back to Madrid at some point.

Damiao would be brilliant for Spurs, and a lot of other teams too.

Don't see why people moan about him. He's a great finisher and works really hard too. Can see him scoring plenty of goals for Spurs.

Clegg

Miguel Delaney is tweeting that Uniteds inability to land their top targets is due to the Glazers unwillingness to pay agent fees.

Says SAF doesn't like dealing with agents but sees them as a necessary evil. The Glazers, on the other hand, refuse to pay £5m extra on top of the agreed transfer fee.

K1LLER7

Miguel Delaney is tweeting that Uniteds inability to land their top targets is due to the Glazers unwillingness to pay agent fees.

Says SAF doesn't like dealing with agents but sees them as a necessary evil. The Glazers, on the other hand, refuse to pay £5m extra on top of the agreed transfer fee.

Main reason we've missed out on Hazard too. Maybe the RVP deal will happen.

Excuses.

That's the way of the world. Gotta get deals done regardless. Everyone else manages to do it. United are world class window shoppers. Ridiculous the amount of times we get close to signing players and then don't follow through.

Clegg

Excuses.

That's the way of the world. Gotta get deals done regardless. Everyone else manages to do it. United are world class window shoppers. Ridiculous the amount of times we get close to signing players and then don't follow through.

Agreed.

It ties in with the Glazers being cheapskates too. They want to make money from United but only put in the minimum to keep us competitive.

From Andersred:

Andy Green ‏@andersred

Oops. Morningstar value #MUFC 37.5% below bottom of the IPO price range. Lot of idiots buying shares from the Glazers.

Translating that last tweet, one of the most respected financial research firms reckons United is only worth 2/3 as much as Glazers do

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
L.Moura talked to 'Folha' after the game abt PSG: This is the good thing, I'll stay at SPFC until the end of the year. It's well underway'

It's over guys.

#MouraPowellFantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom