• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Hahaha, I don't know about the topic but is Manchester Utd favored by the English FA or whoever manges the EPL? I mean... how they can get a permit for Anderson?!

Anderson threatened to eat the entirety of the customs staff if they didn't let him sign

Anyone know what this equipment is for? I assume it's just a speed sensor but they look new.

zp_149882670SM039_Arsenal_Tra_copy_9784.jpg

zp_149882670SM022_Arsenal_Tra_copy_7147.jpg

zp_149882670SM034_Arsenal_Tra_copy_5948.jpg

Hahaha, I don't know about the topic but is Manchester Utd favored by the English FA or whoever manges the EPL? I mean... how they can get a permit for Anderson?!

But United, who agreed a deal with Porto for the 19-year-old midfielder in early June, have now won their appeal.

United told a six-man panel that only Anderson's youth had prevented him from meeting the set criteria.

They also argued he will bring exceptional talent to the Premier League.

Fuck, I didn't think the exceptional talent post was real lol

It's not the FA handling work permits though.

Arnie

Giroud's got porky knees.

They look like some sort of sensory device, although I'm sure Wilbury could use them for alternative purposes.

Clegg

Believe it or not, Anderson was very highly rated as a teenager. So its no surprise that United got him under the exceptional talent ruling.

Unfortunately he hasn't fulfilled that potential.

qindarka

Banned
I think Oscar did not fill the quota either and also got a work permit based on exceptional talent.

At the time, Anderson was regarded as a very bright prospect and him getting a work permit was fair.

kharma45

Believe it or not, Anderson was very highly rated as a teenager. So its no surprise that United got him under the exceptional talent ruling.

Unfortunately he hasn't fulfilled that potential.

That's because he was an attacking midfielder before SAF got his hands on him.

Just don't really understand the logic to that rule. It basically means it's much easier to get work permits for players from countries with shit national teams.

elsk

Banned
Just don't really understand the logic to that rule. It basically means it's much easier to get work permits for players from countries with shit national teams.

There's no logic.

I think they should just give work permits to all players. There are probably some issues I am not aware of, though.

I guess is a way to 'secure' the quality in the league, prevent teams from importing average players or something like that.
And still Anderson is there.

Wilbur

Banned
Some responses from new Twitter celebrity Leon Knight's question and answer session:

how bigs your nob knighty?” < if my bloods boiling right ... I'll kill a chic

Do you go down on chicks?” < i crawl inside them

what race is the best - black, white chinese or asain chicks?” < as long as their sexy it's all good

whats your fave zoo animal bro?” < lion

ever smashed an Irish bird knighty?” < do birds fly ??

do you consider yourself to be a midget?” < I'm small but big at the same time

What part of the country has the sluttiest birds?” < Newcastle

how many birds u banged then??????” < I have no idea lad lol

scholes or pirlo?” < scholes

do you know that cliftonville fans hate u u wee tramp” < I hate them to the knob heads

if u hadn't of played football what would u have done?” < dunno dead or in jail or something like that

jtb

Banned
If Lille just wants 8m, there is absolutely no reason why Arsenal shouldn't pay for him right now. Santos cost 5m, and I'm sure even at his absolute worst, Debuchy's defensive skills can't be as bad as that. Ditto Van Der Wiel.

Salvadora

If Lille just wants 8m, there is absolutely no reason why Arsenal shouldn't pay for him right now. Santos cost 5m, and I'm sure even at his absolute worst, Debuchy's defensive skills can't be as bad as that. Ditto Van Der Wiel.

I was going to post this but I didn't want to incur Kyoufu's wrath.

Zabojnik

A full acquittal for Pepe and Bonucci is expected tomorrow. Whatever ban Antonio Conte is given is essentially irrelevant because he will definitely appeal.

Is this info based on that CorSport article? It's Italy, so it's not unusual for the media to know these things before there's an actual rulling, but I still don't trust them. If true, it's a small victory for us, I suppose. I knew they wouldn't leave Conte alone, he was the main target from the start. Hopefully he'll be able to at least knock a few months off his ban in later appeals. Fingers crossed. Also, fuck you, FIGC.

EDIT: La Calzetta dello Sport is saying the same thing, so it must be true.

AzumkBeCUAA8Zu1.jpg

Anyways he's definitely more Dzeko than RVP, I think

Thanks for that, fade. Well, I'm convinced. Doesn't seem to take much these days, though. I kinda stopped caring once I realized the RVP deal wasn't going through. I think we flirted with the idea for a long time, but ultimately decided he wasn't worth it from a financial standpoint. We haven't pulled out completely yet, although I think we're just hanging on the slim chance United decide to spend their money on someone else and on Van Persie's will not to go to City / renew with Arsenal. So, yeah, goodbye RVP, we would've loved to have you.

Galatasaray have got melo on another 1 year loan.

Fuck. :( I guess we have only ourselves to blame.

Posted my article on the current Agger situation; as ever any comments or corrections would be very welcome. Also, if you can't be arsed with the short fictional fling at the beginning feel free to skip it, it's not required reading, just a little bit of fun for me before trudging through what is a rather bleak article.
Nicely written as per.

Even enjoyed that opening bit, weird though it was.

Agree with pretty much everything you say there. Even at £22m I'm not sure you guys should sell Agger. Not this close to the start of the season anyway...it's just too risky IMO.

Kyoufu

I was going to post this but I didn't want to incur Kyoufu's wrath.

I see comments like this on twitter from Arsenal/Chelsea fans all the time (just search for "Debuchy" on twitter).

Nobody understands why the two london clubs who ARE interested in him aren't even in the running.

I've said it a few times

and I'll say it again

He wants to play with Cabaye!

That's the ONLY reason he wants to leave a club he's been with for TWENTY YEARS.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea and others (Inter, Arsenal etc) have put money on the table but Debuchy has said only Newcastle to the chairman. That's why the Chairman is not even considering other clubs. Debuchy will remain at Lille unless we meet their demands.

And before you tell me "blah blah money is everything" well Chelsea and co. would have no trouble paying 8m.

edit: to add to this, if you want Debuchy, you'll have to buy Cabaye too :p

Kyoufu still going on about Debuchy and how "Chelsea and co" would sign him if only he would leave for another club than Newcastle. :lol

Dude. Maybe Debuchy is just nothing more than a second or third choice for Chelsea, I know I would rather have a promising 22 year old Azpilicueta than a 27 year old without much resale value in a few years. If Roman wanted to convince Debuchy to come to Chelsea, he would.

Kyoufu

Let's leave Chelsea out, why can't Inter meet the price Lille are asking for? Or any other club for that matter? 8 million Euros for him is a bargain no?

Of course, you think money is everything so I won't argue. It's true the majority of the time, but you know, sometimes, just sometimes money means nothing. Debuchy even said "I don't know how much I am worth, I am a defender so not a high amount. I don't care about money, I just want to leave Lille to play with my friend".

Google it.

Anyway, you can tell me how wrong I am while we both watch Debuchy play for Lille the rest of his life because we're too tight to pay 8 million Euros :'(

And yes, I've read all his quotes numerous times. This has been one draining saga.

Wilbur

Banned
Let's leave Chelsea out, why can't Inter meet the price Lille are asking for? Or any other club for that matter? 8 million Euros for him is a bargain no?

Of course, you think money is everything so I won't argue. It's true the majority of the time, but you know, sometimes, just sometimes money means nothing. Debuchy even said "I don't know how much I am worth, I am a defender so not a high amount. I don't care about money, I just want to leave Lille to play with my friend".

Google it.

Anyway, you can tell me how wrong I am while we both watch Debuchy play for Lille the rest of his life because we're too tight to pay 8 million Euros :'(

It'll be because no other club wants him.

Seeing as Inter still have Maicon, why would they buy him? Inter is not exactly in a position to buy Debuchy without having sold Maicon first. Maybe you're just overrating him a lot and no clubs in the need of a right back think's he's worth 8 mil. Also when did I ever say money is everything? Roman can convince players and managers with other things too, might let them touch the CL trophy and stuff on his yacht. ;)

Wilbur

Banned
He is wanted by at least Inter. I know they have put money on the table. Not sure about Chelsea offering anything.

Inter are a different case because everyone fucking hates Inter.

But seriously if he's turning down a club like Inter to play with his best fucking friend than he's an idiot.

Kyoufu

Inter are a different case because everyone fucking hates Inter.

But seriously if he's turning down a club like Inter to play with his best fucking friend than he's an idiot.

He's also looking to go from Champions League to Europa. He obviously doesn't give a shit about Woodenlung's jewels.

I won't pretend I wasn't thinking of that thread. One of many in the last couple of weeks though it seems. Starting to make the superiority complex over gamefaqs look a little undeserved

I still browse GameFAQs when I need help/info on a certain game. They have some really helpful people there. It's the console war threads/general dicussions that are shark filled waters :p

Wilbur

Banned
In the shape Inter are currently in, turning them down probably isn't that silly. :p

That's true! But they're still Inter. Apart from last season they've been consistently in the CL for years.

He's also looking to go from Champions League to Europa. He obviously doesn't give a shit about Woodenlung's jewels.

He's looking to go from France to a better league where he can get more money. I can guarantee you if he signs for Newcastle he'll talk the shit about Cabaye but he'll be there initially because it's in a stronger league and he'll be getting more money.

Kyoufu

That's true! But they're still Inter. Apart from last season they've been consistently in the CL for years.

He's looking to go from France to a better league where he can get more money. I can guarantee you if he signs for Newcastle he'll talk the shit about Cabaye but he'll be there initially because it's in a stronger league and he'll be getting more money.

Yeah he did say this is the biggest league in the world, but I don't think wages matter much. I'm sure Inter can offer more in wages because we pay FUCK ALL. I'm surprised we manage to keep players with our 50k wage cap.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah he did say this is the biggest league in the world, but I don't think wages matter much. I'm sure Inter can offer more in wages because we pay FUCK ALL. I'm surprised we manage to keep players with our 50k wage cap.

I very much doubt if Inter made a bit he turned it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom