• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Inter are a club that is currently in a state somewhere between downward spiral and complete and utter free fall. They have been complete shit ever since Mou left and can't offer CL football.

They also have quite a few full-backs on their books (that's why Santon left for Newcastle in the first place!)

Chelsea probably have other targets. Roman's not a fan of getting less than what he asked for unless it's deadline day and he's got no other choice.

Arsenal... well, shit, Arsene probably thinks Carl Jenkinson is good enough (and when they both get injured, it'll be a good chance to get Coquelin some games!!). and that is the problem.

It'd be nice for him to join his best friend though. Just slightly less probable than the other options.

Anyone else feel like Gaming-side is quickly going down the shitter?

gaming side has been on a downward spiral for years. Remember when I first started reading GAF back in the 1up Yours days.... fuck I've spent too many years on this forum. The age old adage of "come for gaming, stay for the OT" really couldn't be truer.

He's also looking to go from Champions League to Europa. He obviously doesn't give a shit about Woodenlung's jewels.

Way to ignore my post and still go on with your "money is everything" strawman. The possibility of winning CL surely would get him at least semi hard.

I very much doubt if Inter made a bit he turned it down.

But he has a feeling that all those clubs already made bids but Debuchy said no to the chairman.

Salvadora

Gonna be unbearable when all 3 next gen consoles are out the door

I agree. Its starting to heat up now with the WiiU on the horizon but I shudder to think of the future.

gaming side has been on a downward spiral for years. Remember when I first started reading GAF back in the 1up Yours days.... fuck I've spent too many years on this forum. The age old adage of "come for gaming, stay for the OT" really couldn't be truer.
Completely agree with this. I've lurked for years & its been declining in quality for a long, long time.

Clegg

I only go to the Gaming side to look at OTs for games I'm interested in.

The worst thing in recent years has been the ever increasing number of Official Threads where the OP fill up the first 4 posts of the topic with completely superfluous info.

They're more like PR posts.

RAWK's gone down the shitter as well since the end of the season, hopefully it'll pick up when the season starts. I know RAWK's a joke on here, but like any football forum the general feeling of the forum is mirrored in the form of the team, and every single thread these days seems to turn into a huge argument about Kenny, FSG, Ian Ayres, sell-to-buy, player-power, locked threads and any number of other bollocks. God knows what it'll be like if our first 5 games go as badly as I'm partially expecting

Don't know what's happening here though. I only started lurking 18 months ago, and posting a year ago or thereabouts. Even in that timespan, you can see the quality has plummeted. There's a huge list of reasons I can think of, will post later if I can be arsed

Kyoufu

Way to ignore my post and still go on with your "money is everything" strawman. The possibility of winning CL surely would get him at least semi hard.

But he has a feeling that all those clubs already made bids but Debuchy said no to the chairman.

He's 27 years old. Better go flash the cash and get him now before he gets older.

rodvik

I agree. Its starting to heat up now with the WiiU on the horizon but I shudder to think of the future.

I cant post over there. My views are so negative on all consoles (present and future) that expressing them is almost certainly just gonna be seen as inflammatory. So I dont.

Basically I think all current console makers are just killing time until Apple to show up and wipe them out with a living room device.

You guys are football fans, you are used to bad news :)

Salvadora

I miss NPD day though. That brought the crazies out in a good way; lots of lulz to be had all around.
The lose of NPD data was a sad day. I enjoy reading Japanese sales threads but it really isn't the same.
I cant post over there. My views are so negative on all consoles (present and future) that expressing them is almost certainly just gonna be seen as inflammatory. So I dont.

Basically I think all current console makers are just killing time until Apple to show up and wipe them out with a living room device.

I think I've just stopped being interested in gaming if that makes any sense. I will buy the odd game or two but the magic just isn't there any more, For me at least.

jtb

Banned
I only go to the Gaming side to look at OTs for games I'm interested in.

The worst thing in recent years has been the ever increasing number of Official Threads where the OP fill up the first 4 posts of the topic with completely superfluous info. They're more like PR posts.

I absolutely despise this. the first one was the MGS4 official thread and everyone praised that shit to the high heavens. too bad it was like TWENTY FUCKING POSTS iirc. that was mildly forgivable because it was hyped to a ridiculous degree and obviously games like that, Halo 3, and the like, they're supposed to be the grand finale and all that.

but then the rule of "you have to read the OP" only makes it even worse, and people do it for just about any ordinary old game these days. just people trying to stroke their e-peen by spending far too much time in Photoshop shilling for another company which they have no vested interest in. I'd rather they actually be PR posts; at least they'd have a rational reason for doing all that shit. I wouldn't even care if they were intuitive and contained useful information, but they're just a chore to read and take 2-3 minutes to load because the OP loaded it with shitty gifs and everything's (even fucking text) in images to spite us all.

only good recent OPs I can remember off the top of my head are the two Dragon Age ones EviLore created. those were absolutely hilarious.

/rant.

rodvik

The lose of NPD data was a sad day. I enjoy reading Japanese sales threads but it really isn't the same.

I think I've just stopped being interested in gaming if that makes any sense. I will buy the odd game or two but the magic just isn't there any more, For me at least.

I dont think you are alone. Gaming time and dollars have shifted elsewhere. Mobile/Tablet/Laptop even social media have taken their toll.

The AAA game market is pretty flat to declining audience wise and has been for a few years.

Wilbur

Banned
Only games I'm looking forward to really are FIFA/PES.

That and GTA 5. GTA always gets me excited.

Also the next chapter of Walking Dead, first two were brilliant

qindarka

Banned
RAWK's gone down the shitter as well since the end of the season, hopefully it'll pick up when the season starts. I know RAWK's a joke on here, but like any football forum the general feeling of the forum is mirrored in the form of the team, and every single thread these days seems to turn into a huge argument about Kenny, FSG, Ian Ayres, sell-to-buy, player-power, locked threads and any number of other bollocks. God knows what it'll be like if our first 5 games go as badly as I'm partially expecting

Don't know what's happening here though. I only started lurking 18 months ago, and posting a year ago or thereabouts. Even in that timespan, you can see the quality has plummeted. There's a huge list of reasons I can think of, will post later if I can be arsed

I go on RAWK sometimes and feel it's reputation is overblown. Sure, there are plenty of stupid posts but that is par on the course for any fan forum, really. Redcafe, which likes to make fun of RAWK, is really not much better. Neither are some of the Chelsea fan forums I frequent, they really do say some disgusting and idiotic things there as well.

Indeed! Just finished ep 2 yesterday and it was bloody brilliant, not sure how they can top it but we'll see.

Can't wait for Halo 4 either, anything that comes close to giving me the same experience I had with Halo 3 on Live is a good thing.

rodvik

I go on RAWK sometimes and feel it's reputation is overblown. Sure, there are plenty of stupid posts but that is par on the course for any fan forum, really. Redcafe, which likes to make fun of RAWK, is really not much better. Neither are some of the Chelsea fan forums I frequent, they really do say some disgusting and idiotic things there as well.

Agreed, if anything RAWKs mods are the ones who over react.

Most RAWK posts I have seen are no more insane than things I see at VillaTalk.

Also RAWK has some genuinely funny threads the "Ask Dave Whelan" one in particular made me laugh.

Salazar

I go on RAWK sometimes and feel it's reputation is overblown.

Nope. There are rational and even urbane folks who post there, but a large aspect of the place is mindbendingly horrid. Toxic bitterness, pointless abuse of each other and anyone in football, smug defiance of the real world, awful self-pity.

And the mods are prats. Their whole presiding concept of the place is a pompous joke.

Clegg

I'm looking forward to Dishonored, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Ass Creed 3

These 3 games are all coming out in the next few months too.

Really want to play the new GTA, Watch Dogs, and the new Star Wars. But who knows when they'll be released.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm looking forward to Dishonored, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Ass Creed 3

These 3 games are all coming out in the next few months too.

Really want to play the new GTA, Watch Dogs, and the new Star Wars. But who knows when they'll be released.

Haven't heard of Dishonoured, hoping Hitman is like the old ones before I buy, Sleeping Dogs looks pretty fun, haven't finished Revelations yet.

Watch Dogs looks fantastic actually, forgot about that. And what's the new Star Wars game?

Still need to try the Dragon's Dogma demo as well

elsk

Banned
I've never been a Halo fan but I could see myself getting 4, It looks incredible.

I don't get the Halo hype at all. I tried like 3 of the Halo games and all were boring, level design was bellow mediocre and the whole game felt cheap.

Watch Dogs looks amazing.
My wish-list is FIFA 13 and maybe Tomb Raider next year.

Salvadora

I don't get the Halo hype at all. I tried like 3 of the Halo games and all were boring, level design was bellow mediocre and the whole game felt cheap.

Watch Dogs looks amazing.
My wish-list is FIFA 13 and maybe Tomb Raider next year.

To be fair, I've enjoyed the multiplayer when I've played it in the past. Single player looked lazy but I didn't play much of it.

Clegg

Haven't heard of Dishonoured, hoping Hitman is like the old ones before I buy, Sleeping Dogs looks pretty fun, haven't finished Revelations yet.

Watch Dogs looks fantastic actually, forgot about that. And what's the new Star Wars game?

Still need to try the Dragon's Dogma demo as well

Dishonored looks like a cross between Bioshock and Elder Scrolls. It looks brilliant imo.

Heres the trailer

Cant really describe the new Star Wars so heres the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyGu4EqZsU

To be honest, the only game on the horizon that I'm looking forward to is AssCreed.

Salvadora said:
I just want Star Wars: Battlefront 3.

This.

Lucasarts has dropped the ball so much this generation. It's almost like they hate making money.

I'm looking forward to the last guardian, guess wanting what you can never get is human nature... But I want it.

Then the Last of us, Sim City and Hitman (maybe, hope it isnt built too much around batvision bullshit). Oh and Beyond too, you guys think we get to see Ellen Page naked? Can't take out showers now that we got it in Heavy Rain.

Arnie

Nicely written as per.

Even enjoyed that opening bit, weird though it was.

Agree with pretty much everything you say there. Even at £22m I'm not sure you guys should sell Agger. Not this close to the start of the season anyway...it's just too risky IMO.

Nice one Viva, I'll look into that thing you mentioned.

Just got off a nice little Battlefield session on Live, although I'm starting to hit a ceiling with that game where, not to sound overly cocky, I'm either just straight up destroying everyone, or my entire team get steamrolled. I wish games mate a conscientious effort to evaluate and match with 'skill', as it makes for a vastly funner game experience. Another reason I really like Halo (2 and 3, anyway, Reach is guff in that regard).

Salvadora

This.

Lucasarts has dropped the ball so much this generation. It's almost like they hate making money.

It just doesn't make any sense. It sold huge amounts & with the rise of online you'd think it would be a shoe-in but no, Instead they give it to shitty developers & then cancel it. I'd need to see more of 1313 before I can have any sort of opinion on it.

I'm looking forward to the last guardian, guess wanting what you can never get is human nature... But I want it.

Then the Last of us, Sim City and Hitman (maybe, hope it isnt built too much around batvision bullshit).
oh god yes. The last guardian - is it ever going to come out :(

Cant wait for the last of us too

Wilbur

Banned
Just watched the trailer and read up on Dishonoured; liking the premise and setting/design more than the actual gameplay looks so far. But yeah, looks good.

Star Wars looks like Uncharted and the faces were fucking awesome

Clegg

I think its going to be years until The Last Guardian is released.

Looking forward to The Last of Us but thats out until late next year.

Arnie

I so wish Bioshock Infinite wasn't delayed, that was the singleplayer game I was frothing at the mouth for, to complement Halo 4's multiplayer.

I still remember tons of extraneous factors about myself from when I first played through Bioshock, just because of how memorable a game experience it was. I know what the weather was like, where I was, what I did before and after I was done playing it, random nonsense like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom