• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Mad Men is easily the best show on television. Seriously can not wait for season 6.

Without a doubt. Saw someone say Breaking Bad was better and I couldn't believe my eyes. I've fully caught up with Breaking Bad now, it's a brilliant show, but Mad Men is truly god tier.

Would you say it gets better as it goes? I'm on S3 and I do enjoy it but I'm now blown away yet.
Season 3 finale is the best hour of television I've ever watched. Although there are individual moments in season 4 and 5 that are arguably as phenomenal.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen Mad Men yet. But halfway through Breaking Bad season 3 and it's great, but nowhere near Deadwood or The Wire

Salvadora

Without a doubt. Saw someone say Breaking Bad was better and I couldn't believe my eyes. I've fully caught up with Breaking Bad now, it's a brilliant show, but Mad Men is truly god tier.

Season 3 finale is the best hour of television I've ever watched. Although there are individual moments in season 4 and 5 that are arguably as phenomenal.
Breaking Bad is fantastic, Especially recent seasons but I'd put it below Mad Men every time.
Would you say it gets better as it goes? I'm on S3 and I do enjoy it but I'm now blown away yet.
I'd say it does.
Haven't seen Mad Men yet. But halfway through Breaking Bad season 3 and it's great, but nowhere near Deadwood or The Wire
Breaking Bad gets better as it goes on but you need to get watching Mad Men.

Wilbur

Banned
I feel like The Wire was so good that I could quit TV shows forever and still be completely satisfied.

That's what I thought. Was in the middle of some great shows and got urges to watch the Wire again.

Didn't feel like that once through Deadwood. Best show I've ever seen.

I can't believe the Community Shield is on ITV this year :/ I fucking hate ITV coverage!

I also got Sleeping Dogs and CS:GO preordered today! I only want them, FIFA/PES, Halo and GTA.

Arnie

Genuinely just bought the Deadwood Season 1-3 Ultimate Collection off Amazon, after your prompt. It's the next show I'm going to watch now I've caught up with Breaking Bad, and I'm spending another couple of weeks in the countryside soon, so I'll have this to fill my time.

Looking forward to it.

Kyoufu

That's what I thought. Was in the middle of some great shows and got urges to watch the Wire again.

Deadwood is top notch. I'm on season 2's first episode. Need to get back to it at some point.

Will be the next show I watch.

You won't be disappointed. After a few episodes it picks up the pace and blows your mind all over.

I think they even used real people from Baltimore in the show.

Clegg

I don't get the hate for Season 2 of The Wire.

Its every bit as good as the other seasons.

Do people dislike just because the main focus wasn't on the Barksdales?

The docks/white working class story was brilliant.

Kyoufu

Can't tell you. I skipped it completely haha.

Something huge happens in that season which I won't spoil so it's probably best to watch it anyway.

Was there a writer's strike during season 2 that made people not like it?

I remember so many shows suffering from Writer's Strike in their second seasons. Friday Night Lights being one of them. (I still enjoyed it though).

Arnie

I loved Ziggy, so I don't get the hate either. If any season disappoints compared to the rest it's 5, without a doubt. Fantastic ending but the season itself just was just wasn't as good, and at times a bit ridiculous.

Salvadora

It's been a while since I watched it but I remember being ticked off at the lack of Barksdale screen time, Understandably so since they are some of the best characters in The Wire.

Sloosha

Deadwood is my favorite show as well. A little hard to follow at first, but once you get used to the language, you hang on every single word of dialogue. Absolutely brilliant show.

Kyoufu

Also, season 1 of Heroes is excellent.

Just forget about the other seasons that come after it. Pretend they never happened.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't believe the Community Shield is on ITV this year :/ I fucking hate ITV coverage!

I also got Sleeping Dogs and CS:GO preordered today! I only want them, FIFA/PES, Halo and GTA.

Shit I forgot it was this weekend!

Genuinely just bought the Deadwood Season 1-3 Ultimate Collection off Amazon, after your prompt. It's the next show I'm going to watch now I've caught up with Breaking Bad, and I'm spending another couple of weeks in the countryside soon, so I'll have this to fill my time.

Looking forward to it.

Brilliant, keep us updated

Agreed; I don't get the hate for 5 either. Every season is just wonderful.

Kyoufu are you saying you skipped season 2 haha?

Only negatives about mad men is Hendricks boobs. Other than that, it's really perfect.

That's when
they start setting up the new company, right? Can't really remember when what happened but yeah that was fantastic

Yeah its disappointing she doesn't get them out.

Would rather see Bettys... You know,
season 1-4 Betty tits, not season 5.

Edit : Actually. Trudy should just get hers out already

k2hMe.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I definitely did. It was on the advice of GAF.

I was young and foolish.

You disgust me.

Frank Sobotka is one of the show's very best characters. Although the best is Lester.

So many great characters though, argument for a lot of them to be my favourite. In Deadwood though there's a fucking ton of fantastic characters but Al is a notch above everyone.

I think Ian McShane puts in the best performance I've ever seen in that.

GorillaJu

Mad Men is indeed amazing. I'm in season 2 right now and I love every episode. It's much more contemplative than I expected. I was fully expecting an Entourage style affair with the gimmick of being set in the early 60s.

Arnie

Only negatives about mad men is Hendricks boobs. Other than that, it's really perfect.

That's when
they start setting up the new company, right? Can't really remember when what happened but yeah that was fantastic

Yes, and
where Betty properly splits with Don. That was the moment when this entire character that'd been built through three seasons completely crumbled. He was no longer this desirable, untouchable, perfect married man who could have any woman he wanted.

Yes, and
where Betty properly split with Don. That was the moment when this entire character that'd been built through three seasons completely crumbled. He was no longer this desirable, untouchable, perfect married man who could have any woman he wanted.

Fully expect
that don to return now though, S5 ending looked like he had gone full circle and now ready to be a cheating shitty husband again

Salvadora

Fully expect
that don to return now though, S5 ending looked like he had gone full circle and now ready to be a cheating shitty husband again

That scene was incredible, Loved the use of You Only Live Twice. That scene of Don walking away from Megan was fantastic as well.

Zabojnik

It does get (even) better in S3 and S4, but you're not completely in love with the characters / show by now, chances are you never will be. Or maybe not. See you at 'The Suitcase'. :)

I'm gonna miss this show as hell ...

Arnie

Fully expect

Season 5 ending almost made me whoop and scream like that overexcited guy in the train video.
That scene with the Jaguar, and then Don in the bar. A complete return to Don as we know him from earlier seasons, a success both professionally and with the women. Don't know how anyone could cheat on Megan though, so fucking gorgeous. Nearly jizzed at zubi zubi zooooo. Can't wait for season 6.
See you at 'The Suitcase'. :).
Hell yes.

Any more takers for the paid fantasy league? So far:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
Kylehimself///kylehimself
WJD///WJD FC
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Snoopen///Arse FC
Keio///FC Voitto
Wilbury///JTbury FC

Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied

RE: The Wire

1>4>2>>>3>5

Clegg

ER is one of the best shows from the 90's. About 8 seasons of it can be considered as great television. It went downhill after Noah Wyle left the main cast, but everything up to that point is very good.

The West Wing is still king though.

Zabojnik

And what's everyone doing up at 3:25am? tut-tut

I'm supposed to be working, but I'm actually making a voodoo doll of Palazzi, getting ready for tomorrow's (today's, actually) verdicts regarding Bonucci, Pepe and Conte. That fucking FIGC's puppet is going down one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom