• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I told you guys Laudrup is crazy.

You really have to be crazy to want Obertan. He's so pathetic. I don't think a player has ever frustrated me and made me facepalm as much as he has. He scored a goal last night so hopefully Laudrup will get hard over that.

Wilbur

Banned
One of my real life friends posted about having no sleep and Kermit apparently follows him and said he was always moaning.

Is this weird? Why does Kermit follow people I actually know?

Wessiej

We don't need Tiote. We got Bigi to cover for him. Anita could be a possible signing by Friday too.

Where did you get this funny rumor from? But Anita júst switched from football agent to our lovely Mino Raiola, so he's probably leaving. And the year after that, and the year after that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wish these Song rumours would fuck off.

It does seem like he may move on. Honestly I think Arsenal are better off without him, his nice chipped passes are not enough to make up for his dreadful lack of positional discipline.

Kyoufu

Watching it now, what a horrible accent this guy has. Nicassle.

Okay, it's a journalist from an Ajax-newspaper, but he is not thé Ajax-follower. Also, worst English ever.

I want signings god damn

I wish we'd see some investment into the first team.

D_prOdigy

I can get slightly muppety about it. It's a fucking odd signing, but he could be hilariously lethal for us.

Berbatov could be hilariously lethal for us, but look at where he's going.

I just don't see the need for Van Persie when you've got Rooney as your guaranteed starter. I'd rather see Hernandez get more rotation - surely he'll be getting angsty if he becomes a bit-part in his third season.

Wilbur

Banned
Would be a good move for him, be needs some football. Would have liked to see him stay in the PL.

Clearing the way to bring in RVP?

And if Berba can't get a game in a 4-4-2 with Rooney, Welbeck and Chicha about, one of the latter two won't get a game in a 4-2-3-1 with Kagawa, Rooney and RVP about.

I really don't want him.

Salvadora

Alex Song is over half way to becoming a Barcelona player.

Sorry mate.
The Other One?
Only way I see you getting Sahin or M'Vila is if Song goes.
Sahin on loan would probably be the more likely. Still wouldn't be happy though.
It does seem like he may move on. Honestly I think Arsenal are better off without him, his nice chipped passes are not enough to make up for his dreadful lack of positional discipline.
It seems like its came out of nowhere. Although I don't think any Arsenal players are 'safe'.

Ive booked a first class ticket aboard the RVP muppet train.

Who gives a shit if we don't need him. New players!

Positive way to look at it is:

- Fergie has publicly said on more than one occasion (I think) that to fight on several fronts you need four good strikers.
- RVP can play an up front solo role or with another. He can play as a striker or a withdrawn creator role (doesn't play that role very often for Arsenal these days admittedly).
- Since he isn't a pacey player, this fact may improve his shelf life up to 6 years, since his decrease in athleticism over the years shouldn't adversely impact his ability.

Arnie

I can get slightly muppety about it. It's a fucking odd signing, but he could be hilariously lethal for us.

He got Arsenal 3rd place almost single handedly, in United's side, given a similar level of lethality, he'd guarantee the league.

Cant believe RVP would go to another English club after being with us for almost his entire career, especially not to them. It is unacceptable. Sell him for half what they offer to a foreign club

K1LLER7

I hope we get him, he'll definitly get more goals then Welbeck and Chicha hasn't looked all that since his first season. Welbeck can be used on the wing when needed and Chicha will be rotated. But it could mean Kagawa is played as a CM.

a lot of rumours about Isco going around. Is he/can he play CM?

Wilbur

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179259

Brendan Rodgers has conceded Liverpool may be forced to sell Daniel Agger should Manchester City match their valuation of the player.

The Liverpool manager admitted Agger, 27, was not certain to stay at Anfield for the coming season despite his desire to keep the Denmark defender. "Every player has a price," Rodgers said. "But no manager wants to lose his best players."

He added that Craig Bellamy was likely to join Cardiff City later this week.
City's football administrator Brian Marwood has made two inquiries about Agger this summer.

City have indicated they would be willing to bid about £18m for the Denmark international, but Liverpool are holding out for a fee in excess of the £22m City paid Everton for Joleon Lescott in 2009.

It is understood Adam Johnson could yet be offered on loan as a makeweight in a potential deal. Agger has entered the final two years of his contract and talks on a new deal have stalled.

"Top centre-halves are at a premium," Rodgers, speaking before Thursday's Europa League qualifier against FC Gomel, said. "Take Thiago Silva, he left AC Milan to go to Paris St Germain for £40m. So it has to be a big valuation.

"Daniel is one of the leading players in European football at centre-half. Is he a player I want to lose? No he's not. But like any club, if an offer comes in that is in the best interests of the club, of course you have to look at it.

"From a football perspective, do I want to lose Daniel Agger? Not really. He can be a really pivotal player for me, he understands how I want to work. But I am a realist. And the reality is that if a club comes in with a massive bid then the club may have to look at it. You can never say never."

Bellamy looks more certain to leave Liverpool with Rodgers having given the Welshman permission to move closer to his family in Cardiff. When asked if Bellamy would join Cardiff, Rodgers added: "I would think so. I had a really good chat with Craig when I first arrived here.

"He is not one that can play every week, he is 33, coming towards the final years of his career and his family is still in Cardiff. He has made a massive commitment to come here, lived on his own.

"He has loved the club, loved playing for the club. But I believe that at the end of last season he had already made his decision.

"I obviously respect that. What is so important is a player's happiness. Craig's family is not here, they are down in Cardiff. Unless a player is happy you don't get the maximum of them.

"And [Cardiff] is probably where he will end up. If he does end up there, we wish him the very best. He will still be a Liverpool supporter, it is not for football reasons that he is leaving but for family."

Rodgers is working hard to strengthen his side and remains hopeful of tying up a deal for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen.

"We need to improve the squad, there is no question about that. But it is a little bit more complex than many people realise," he said.

"The intention is to bring in a few more players yet. I would love them to be in here sooner rather than later. But the most important thing is that they are here by the end of August.
Then we know the group we are working with through until January at least.

"I know I need to bring in a number of players, just to replace the ones that have left. But this is a club that people want to be at, so hopefully a number of those will come in over the next couple of weeks."

I don't want RVP. Spending that much on a striker when we're well stocked with strikers?

wtf

I still don't understand why United are going for a striker and a good amount of attacking midfielders/wingers even though Kagawa was just bought.

Positive way to look at it is:

- Fergie has publicly said on more than one occasion (I think) that to fight on several fronts you need four good strikers.
- RVP can play an up front solo role or with another. He can play as a striker or a withdrawn creator role (doesn't play that role very often for Arsenal these days admittedly).
- Since he isn't a pacey player, this fact may improve his shelf life up to 6 years, since his decrease in athleticism over the years shouldn't adversely impact his ability.

- Arsenal fans are mad

IM SOLD.

Seriously though guys I know RVP isn't exactly what we need but how can you not be excited about him playing for United?

K1LLER7

I don't want RVP. Spending that much on a striker when we're well stocked with strikers?

wtf
Strikers who score. IMO I don't see Welbeck as a striker who will get 25+ goals in a season. If RVP is kept fit it would be a good signing, but maybe it won't even happen.

Arnie

So Younes Kaboul has been on the phone with Lloris trying to get him to join. Hopefully it happens.
Forgot you hadn't sorted a keeper yet.

Is Damiao close? Planning to bring other strikers in alongside him?

If anyone wants to watch the video of this, it's free on the Liverpool website. You can get a feel for the way in which he's saying things, but I'll admit, it really doesn't look good for Agger. I think the fee is £22 million plus Johnson on loan.

Wilbur

Banned

wtf

I still don't understand why United are going for a striker and a good amount of attacking midfielders/wingers even though Kagawa was just bought.

Me neither. Can't really get my head round it.

Just fucking bid 30m for Sahin, please.

Kyoufu

Here I am willing to suck cock for a 5 million pound signing for a defender and yet you guys moan about signing the player of the year and top scorer in the PL.

Fuck football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom