• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, it's not realistic to dislike the manager of your football club for an unspecified, barely describable reason. He's done nothing wrong other than talk intelligently, and ironically, realistically too.

If you're a realist then I'm surprised you can't see the value in the Agger sale.

I myself am too scared to see my hero's go because I've got a built in fear that they won't be replaced. But that doesn't affect how I view Rodgers; he obviously believes if he gets the asking price then he can significantly improve the team. And at the end of the day if that's what he manages then we'll all be laughing.

I do see the value in an Agger sale, but like I've said history shows that we are not smart enough in replacing our top players. Also we are content in selling our top players while mediocrity sits on the bench and get games week in and week out. That right there is my problem.

GorillaJu

I do see the value in an Agger sale, but like I've said history shows that we are not smart enough in replacing our top players. Also we are content in selling our top players while mediocrity sits on the bench and get games week in and week out. That right there is my problem.

You sound like a RAWK poster. "History shows" means nothing when we've changed the club from the bottom up over the last 6 months.

I don't want to lose Agger either, but if it means we improve overall, then it has to be done.

You sound like a RAWK poster. "History shows" means nothing when we've changed the club from the bottom up over the last 6 months.

I don't want to lose Agger either, but if it means we improve overall, then it has to be done.
His concerns aren't unreasonable though, I can see what PD is saying.

And that aside, selling your best CB less than 2 weeks before the season starts is a big risk no matter which way you look at it.

You sound like one of those Liverpool supporters on the official website forum with their rose tinted glasses firmly glued to their face.

Last time I checked we've changed the club bottom up with each new manager and the results were worse each time.

Salvadora

SinceArsenalLastWonATrophy Juventus hv been relegated, promoted, won the league undefeated &become front runners to sign RVP"
Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read that.
His concerns aren't unreasonable though, I can see what PD is saying.

And that aside, selling your best CB less than 2 weeks before the season starts is a big risk no matter which way you look at it.
I'd be worried if I was a Liverpool supporter. I'd want it done as soon as possible to allow reinvestment in the squad.

Salazar

His wages will be massive.

We've shipped a few players and not replaced them, at least.

Wonder if there was any truth in the rumour that he wanted Rooney level wages.

It would fit with the colossal delusion of his open letter to Arsenal and Wenger.

XlkJz.gif

Example of hypocrisy:

1. You sound like a RAWK poster. [Meant in a pejorative sense, also denoting otherness]

2. "History shows" means nothing when we've changed the club from the bottom up over the last 6 months. [Nebulous statement as to improving circumstances and renewed confidence in club and an absolute condition that club will not make the same mistakes again without real evidence - A.K.A. what a RAWK poster would do]

Wilbur

Banned
We've shipped a few players and not replaced them, at least.

To be fair if we get Berbatov off the books that's a massive outlay then. The only worry I have is that Berba can't get a game now where we play two strikers. If we only play one with Kagawa behind Rooney as nominal first choice, Welbeck and Chicha won't get much game time.

Facism

Gold Member
Did we seriously just loan out Fry8 to Gala AGAIN?

Your guys really need to value him properly if you want him gone.

"HEY WE DON'T WANT OR LIKE MELO AND DON'T WANT TO PAY HIS WAGES. NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO BUY HIM. £13 MILLION PLEASE LOL"

/no shame

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to Studio Sport, De Laurentiis has decided to sell Cavani and negotiations with Chelsea are underway.

2009-07-16-ThreeFingerPinch.jpg

Facism said:
Your guys really need to value him properly if you want him gone.

"HEY WE DON'T WANT OR LIKE MELO AND DON'T WANT TO PAY HIS WAGES. NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO BUY HIM. £13 MILLION PLEASE LOL"

/no shame

8M isn't too bad really.

Salazar

To be fair if we get Berbatov off the books that's a massive outlay then. The only worry I have is that Berba can't get a game now where we play two strikers. If we only play one with Kagawa behind Rooney as nominal first choice, Welbeck and Chicha won't get much game time.

It does rather point to SAF rotating like crazy. I mean, he's going to have to swap the midfield around a quite bit more, because Clev is fit and Ando is fat but apparently competent, and Scholes and Giggs can handle a bit less than they could last time. And Shinji fits somewhere. Powell much less so. Not even contemplating Fletch. Possibly Jones in some instances as a DM sub.

It's fairly obvious that we will take steps to avoid burning out Carrick, too.

I'd expect to see Welbz on the right when we rest Valencia, at least. Which is something he can do rather well; I dunno how happy he is with it.

Italian press: an "agent" contacted Roma to swap Cassano with Borriello.

Now, I'm trying to be as positive as I can until the end of the month, but this is depressing. According to some sites, we won't go after a striker until January, when our targets could be Tevez, Dzeko or Balotelli.
We have nothing going on atm. Except waiting for an answer (which will probably be a "no way") from Montpellier about Yanga-Mbiwa for 6m. Galliani will meet Perez tonight and talk about Kakà (and, why not, Diarra as well), but it is not looking good, Real clearly doesn't want to sell him for less than 25m, let alone on a free loan.

Also, back in May I said that we weren't going to spend more than 15m:
Gabriel 500k
Acerbi 4m
Traorè 0m
Montolivo 0m
Constant on loan
El Shaarawy 7.5m

Total: around 12m. But hey, our finances now are a bit better! :D

Wilbur

Banned
Italian press: an "agent" contacted Roma to swap Cassano with Borriello.

Now, I'm trying to be as positive as I can until the end of the month, but this is depressing. According to some sites, we won't go after a striker until January, when our targets could be Tevez, Dzeko or Balotelli.
We have nothing going on atm. Except waiting for an answer (which will probably be a "no way") from Montpellier about Yanga-Mbiwa for 6m. Galliani will meet Perez tonight and talk about Kakà (and, why not, Diarra as well), but it is not looking good, Real clearly doesn't want to sell him for less than 25m, let alone on a free loan.

Also, back in May I said that we weren't going to spend more than 15m:
Gabriel 500k
Acerbi 4m
Traorè 0m
Montolivo 0m
Constant on loan
El Shaarawy 7.5m

Total: around 12m. But hey, our finances now are a bit better! :D

So who looks like they're going to be your main striker at the moment? Cassano? That's suicide.

elseanio

I'd be happy with £20m+ for Agger, but delighted if he stayed

edit* Provided it's done soon. Wouldn't want to lose him during the start of the season

So who looks like they're going to be your main striker at the moment? Cassano? That's suicide.
I guess Pato. Which is a suicide as well. But I'm not sure, Binho played pretty well this preseasonal matches, just like Cassano, who is slowly getting back in shape after the Euros. El Shaa has done good as well, but he's still far from being our main striker.

I think that Allegri will wait for the start of the league to choose who is going to fill the void left by Ibra.
As a United fan i would like to tell you, be happy with that.
At least we can brag about that. Not so much when we're going to get kicked out of the group stage in the CL, though.

Wilbur

Banned
I guess Pato. Which is a suicide as well. But I'm not sure, Binho played pretty well this preseasonal matches, just like Cassano, who is slowly getting back in shape after the Euros. El Shaa has done good as well, but he's still far from being our main striker.

I think that Allegri will wait for the start of the league to choose who is going to fill the void left by Ibra.

At least we can brag about that. Not so much when we're going to get kicked out of the group stage in the CL, though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Pato paha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom