• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Sahin is playing LB. This guy was on the brink of being legitimately one of the worlds best midfielders. It was just a matter of playing time and proving it consistently and in Europe.

He gets his dream move to Madrid and is now playing LB.

Madness. Just the way it goes at Real though. A bit of bad luck and a not so great start and that could be it really.

If Arsenal get him their midfield will be ridiculously good.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't believe Sahin is playing LB. This guy was on the brink of being legitimately one of the worlds best midfielders. It was just a matter of playing time and proving it consistently and in Europe.

He gets his dream move to Madrid and is now playing LB.

Madness. Just the way it goes at Real though. A bit of bad luck and a not so great start and that could be it really.

If Arsenal get him their midfield will be ridiculously good.

I would legitimately suck one of the kit men off if Fergie was having a word with Jose right now

Arsenal won't get him coz SAF is preparing a bid for him as we speak...

FFS United just sign him.
It's actually beyond ridiculous how perfect he could be for us. Like if you designed a player from scratch for us right now he wouldn't be far off.

Just depressing.

Wilbur

Banned
Imagine

Carrick - Sahin
Valencia - Kagawa - Dyer
Rooney

with Super Tom, Welbeck, Nani, Scholes and van Persie waiting in the wings, licking their lips as they salivate over the sultry moves of the United team destroying everything in its path

GorillaJu

I wouldn't sell at anything less than £25m, and I'd make sure I had a replacement lined up.

There's also the possibility that Rodgers is using the City interest as leverage to lower Agger's wage demands for the new contract.

I'd take 25m for him, to be honest, but I wouldn't be happy to see Agger leave. In fact I'd be gutted. Got to trust the manager though.

iVdPRTARPX3qF.gif

Dat Brugge player failing to just touch it and score in there.
KuGsj.gif

jtb

Banned
There's also the possibility that Rodgers is using the City interest as leverage to lower Agger's wage demands for the new contract.

I'd take 25m for him, to be honest, but I wouldn't be happy to see Agger leave. In fact I'd be gutted. Got to trust the manager though.

I don't understand how that would work. Wouldn't the interest increase his wage demands, rather than lower then?

Also, can't wait for this Sahin deal to get done, preferably with a buy option. Class midfielder, wasted at Madrid. Would've thought he would be a good Alonso back-up, but I'm hardly going to complain if Mou ships him out to us for a season (or forever.) His permanent addition would make this... just about the perfect transfer window.

flippedb

Banned
With those sort of performances, I dont think Milan will qualify for CL this season. Hopefully for you it was just pre-season form but quality players lacking all over the pitch.

Well, Serie A is not full of Madrids, you know?

Anyway, we have a new CB, Cristian Zapata and I hope our juniors will step their games up for the season.

jtb

Banned
I'd be very surprised if one of the out-of-favor strikers at City didn't move to Milan during this window. Hell, I'm surprised Tevez isn't linked with Juve either. But any of Tevez, Adebayor, or Dzeko would be a great cheap-ish signing for Milan. That + a Kaka loan/cheap buy deal could easily rejuvenate Milan just enough to comfortably finish in the CL places. the spine needs replacement, but... it has been needing replacement for years. Just a question of when Berlusconi feels like investing again.

K1LLER7

I'd be very surprised if one of the out-of-favor strikers at City didn't move to Milan during this window. Hell, I'm surprised Tevez isn't linked with Juve either. But any of Tevez, Adebayor, or Dzeko would be a great cheap-ish signing for Milan. That + a Kaka loan/cheap buy deal could easily rejuvenate Milan just enough to comfortably finish in the CL places. the spine needs replacement, but... it has been needing replacement for years. Just a question of when Berlusconi feels like investing again.

Agree with you on this, they could get Berba for around 5-7m if they're feeling tight with their money.

Whats happening with Vargas at Napoli, does he get a start?

Wilbur

Banned
I'd go with

Juventus/Inter
Milan
Napoli

I don't think Roma can beat that easily Milan.

I might be underestimating Napoli to be fair, but unless Milan make a few class signings I can see them floundering.

Inter need to make some good signings as well. Although I like the look of their coach.

Surely City's interest in Agger only strengthens his hand when it comes to negotiating a new contract if he stays.

"You value me at £20m+ and so my salary should reflect my worth. I was loyal to LFC and didn't ask for a move. I deserve to be rewarded accordingly."

Rikkun

I might be underestimating Napoli to be fair, but unless Milan make a few class signings I can see them floundering.

Inter need to make some good signings as well. Although I like the look of their coach.

Looks like they're thinking about Nenè.. and after all I think they can perform here in Italy, having to care only about Europa League. Hopefully they won't be able to put their hands on Quagliarella.

Milan will for sure try to buy someone else, someone from Europe for sure because of FIGC stupid laws.. I think they'll try hard for Matri again.. and hopefully we won't give him away.

I don't know, I'm not even that sure we'll be able to play well this year without Conte on the bench, I'm totally afraid :\

GorillaJu

Surely City's interest in Agger only strengthens his hand when it comes to negotiating a new contract if he stays.

"You value me at £20m+ and so my salary should reflect my worth. I was loyal to LFC and didn't ask for a move. I deserve to be rewarded accordingly."

He doesn't want to move. It would be the manager effectively saying "no one is bigger than the club."

jtb

Banned
He doesn't want to move. It would be the manager effectively saying "no one is bigger than the club."

I don't think that's the way it works when it comes to signing new contracts. Suarez didn't want to move, and now he's signed a 5 year, 120k a week deal. They know that Liverpool has money, and that their bargaining position is weak (no CL, other clubs with money knocking). They can want to stay and still extort as much money out of their employers and still not want to leave. It's really a win-win situation for the player/agent in these situations, I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom