• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Agger situation stinks of Alonso. If Agger leaves and we don't replace him properly, Rodgers will find himself walking the plank sooner rather than later. Especially if it means the Bootle Baresi gets more playing time than any non-Liverpool fan could have hoped for

Apparently the French press are reporting that ex-bindipper Alou Diarra, who currently plays as a defensive midfielder for Marseilles, is arriving in London today for talks with West Ham. And, of course, now that it has been reported, he'll wind up going somewhere else. We're also apparently in for Senegal striker Moussa Konate, who scored 5 goals in the Olympics.

Personally, while we do need to see improvement in pretty much every area, I'm a little concerned that our defence isn't going to be able to cope this season. Our current potential back fours don't inspire much confidence;

George McCartney/Danny Potts - James Tomkins - Winston Reid/James Collins - Joey O'Brien/Guy Demel

dc89

Gazzetta saying that you are offering 35m Euro for De Rossi, dc9000.

:D

This Agger situation stinks of Alonso. If Agger leaves and we don't replace him properly, Rodgers will find himself walking the plank sooner rather than later. Especially if it means the Bootle Baresi gets more playing time than any non-Liverpool fan could have hoped for

I'm unsure on Agger. Just how much better than Lescott is he? Lescott can be dodgy at times (last season against QPR) but his partnership with Kompany has on the whole been solid.

GorillaJu

Lescott is a fine defender but Agger is one of the best. Mancini probably wants a more agile center-half who gets forward more, especially if he wants to play a 3-5-2 at all like he has in pre-season. Looking at City's biggest targets of De Rossi and Agger, I'd say its clear that Mancini wants to implement a 3-man defense at some point.

Carbonox

Shola THE MACKEM SLAYER Ameobi is sharp and ready for the beginning of the season. We should play him against Spurs at some point as he was in God mode in our first match against them last season. Someone should put a restraint on him though as I fear he will kill bitches without lifting a finger.

Wagner 'JT' Ribiero said:
"Everything was agreed between Sao Paulo and Manchester United," Ribeiro told UOL.

"The contract had been written (and) just needed to be signed. But then Leonardo called me and asked to talk to Lucas.

"They talked. Leonardo was helped by the fact he is Brazilian. He was very gentle with Lucas.

"The possibility of living in Paris - a much more pleasant city than Manchester - also influenced his decision. But it was PSG's project that impressed Lucas."

Magnificent. Not even sure where to start with this one. Must've been the restaurants.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd be very surprised if one of the out-of-favor strikers at City didn't move to Milan during this window. Hell, I'm surprised Tevez isn't linked with Juve either. But any of Tevez, Adebayor, or Dzeko would be a great cheap-ish signing for Milan. That + a Kaka loan/cheap buy deal could easily rejuvenate Milan just enough to comfortably finish in the CL places. the spine needs replacement, but... it has been needing replacement for years. Just a question of when Berlusconi feels like investing again.

They can't. Dzeko and Tevez are non-EU players and they used up all their non-EU spots.

Zabojnik

Leonardo, you handsome devil.

52078.jpg

Soi-Fong

Originally Posted by Wagner 'JT' Ribiero:
"Everything was agreed between Sao Paulo and Manchester United," Ribeiro told UOL.

"The contract had been written (and) just needed to be signed. But then Leonardo called me and asked to talk to Lucas.

"They talked. Leonardo was helped by the fact he is Brazilian. He was very gentle with Lucas.

"The possibility of living in Paris - a much more pleasant city than Manchester - also influenced his decision. But it was PSG's project that impressed Lucas."

Yup.. United would get screwed over like that. Lol

Seems like Cass was right though. PSG really came outta nowhere. And certainly, PSG has a very expensive project going.

Kenka

Regarding the Play-Off Round of the CL this year, it is worth noting that teams from:

France (Lille),
Italy (Udinese),
Spain (Malaga)
and Germany (BMG)

are unseeded. Which means we actually had a quite unpredictble season last year in all those leagues.

I missed this raging because I also thought the goal would stand. The Brugge fans. :lol

ibsRybAL1FwDxv.gif

Regarding the Play-Off Round of the CL this year, it is worth noting that teams from:

France (Lille),
Italy (Udinese),
Spain (Malaga)
and Germany (BMG)

are unseeded. Which means we actually had a quite unpredictble season last year in all those leagues.

Seeded teams ---------- Unseeded teams
----------------------- ---------- --- -------
Sporting Braga ---- Fenerbahçe *3
Dinamo Kiev *3 ------ Udinese
Panathinaikos *3 ---- Lille OSC
FC København *3 --- Málaga CF
Spartak Moscow ----- Borussia Mönchengladbach

LLShC.gif

I want Panathinaikos, not any of those unseeded ones, maybe Malaga if they are in complete chaos.

kharma45

Originally Posted by Wagner 'JT' Ribiero:

Yup.. United would get screwed over like that. Lol

Seems like Cass was right though. PSG really came outta nowhere. And certainly, PSG has a very expensive project going.

Bad luck for us I guess.

He could move on yet, it's only France.

Clegg

So Lucas to United was a done done until Leonardo decided to throw money at Sao Paolo and the player.

Just sign Sahin now ffs.

Salazar

So Lucas to United was a done done until Leonardo decided to throw money at Sao Paolo and the player.

Or Leonardo's bosses decided.

That was the earlier story. And, as it runs contrary to what Wanger Ribeiro is spouting, I tend to credit it.

GorillaJu

PSG coming in at the last moment is quite similar to how we lost out on Sigurdsson to Tottenham. It's a real shame when that happens because huge career decisions shouldn't be made at the final moment.

Clegg

Having slept on it, I think that Fergie talking about RVP is his last throw of the dice.

Hes basically trying to get RVP to force a transfer to us and if that fails then we're out of luck.

Having slept on it, I think that Fergie talking about RVP is his last throw of the dice.

Hes basically trying to get RVP to force a transfer to us and if that fails then we're out of luck.

Yeah I felt like that too. It had a tone of exasperation/resignation to it that you simply don't use when negotiations are going well.

Just saw tonight's highlights (here, if anyone wants to see that awesome Di Maria goal. Robinho scored a pretty neat one too). That went well: we were against one of the two-three top teams in the world, played a decent first half with our starting XI and had our asses kicked during the second, when our defence had Bonera, Yepes and the goddamn Mesbah. Also, Traorè and Constant in the middle. I'm not even worried, Pescara-Torino-Chievo and so on aren't even remotely close to RM, only Juve (and maybe Inter and Roma) will cause us a lot of trouble.

And nice job from Kakà, finishing the game with three assists is the best way to lower his price.
Milan will end up ahead Juve. They don't seem to be a truly fit team, they suffered through the last part of the season, and this time they'll be playing
the group stage of
another tournament, the UCL.
Nah, I don't think that we can end up ahead of Juve. They fixed almost every role they needed to, if they manage to buy an actual striker I can see another scudetto going to Turin. Our only hope is that they somehow get their summer preparation wrong just like we did last year, and that the CL manages to physically destroy them. In that case the Serie A will be way more open, Milan and other teams could easily end up being scudetto candidates.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That went well: we were against one of the two-three top teams in the world, played a decent first half with our starting XI and had our asses kicked during the second, when our defence was made of Bonera, Yepes and the goddamn Mesbah.

I have no idea how this guy is playing for Milan. The defensive nous of Carl Jenkinson with the technical ability of Wayne Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom