• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

iUEpNFtBzCE6U.gif

edit: fucking last bastard shitting post

So you're saying that only thick Mancs enjoy Oasis music?

Wilbur

Banned
united's central defenders usually hoof the ball the moment the opponent pressurizes them.

they are clueless in a small(er) space.

Only Vidic really does this, I'd say. Evans and Rio certainly like to play it out.

So you're saying that only thick Mancs enjoy Oasis music?

Been listening to all the XFM shows again, Karl's at his peak there

I'd like to add Blur > Oasis to the party.

Pulp > Blur > Suede > Oasis

Linius

Pulp > Blur > Suede > Oasis

I really like Different Class. But I enjoy Parklife and 13 even more.

Oh and to be honest, I don't dislike Oasis. (What's The Story) Morning Glory? is a classic. Their debut is nice as well. That would be it I'm afraid.

Kagawa has been called up for Japan's friendly on Aug 15th which is played in Japan.

Lame. Probs won't make the first game of the season.

Shahed

As much as Rio is one of my favourite's for several years, he's getting on and just isn't the player he was. Don't rate Evans as well. Always feel like he's gonna do something wrong.

I like the three other central defenders you have though

Wilbur

Banned
I really like Different Class. But I enjoy Parklife and 13 even more.

Oh and to be honest, I don't dislike Oasis. (What's The Story) Morning Glory? is a classic. Their debut is nice as well. That would be it I'm afraid.

His & Hers is Pulp's best album but Different Class is also... well, different class.

Agreed on Oasis. But I'm bored of talking about them haha

Kagawa has been called up for Japan's friendly on Aug 15th which is played in Japan.

Lame. Probs won't make the first game of the season.

I fucking hate international friendlies with a passion. I utterly despise them.

bud

i'm not speaking as an arsenal fan. i'm saying these things as a fan of beautiful football.

please understand.

I don't think Uniteds defenders are supremely gifted or anything but I really don't think they're terrible at playing the ball and constantly hoofing it.

Anyhow, Uniteds football has been shit for the most part for a while now so I'm all for making things more exciting.

Clegg

Anyhow, Uniteds football has been shit for the most part for a while now so I'm all for making things more exciting.

Make a pass to a static player, he makes a pass to another static player, long ball out to a static winger, look for an overlapping full back, shit cross from full back, repeat cycle.

The only time we actually played exciting football last season was when we had Clev and Anderson as our CMs. They were always moving and looking for the ball, which caused problems for defences and freed up space for our wingers. But that left our defence horribly exposed.

Me too.

Taylor is right about making it a positive place once again. Really is a tough tough part of football management I imagine, getting the club as a whole to feel good.

I feel like absolute shit, so over to you Fergie.

Clegg

Ferguson's players retreated to the dressing room and he told them to fix their minds on the malicious pleasure the Sunderland fans had taken out of their misfortune. Remember what it was like, he said, and make sure that, next time, you don't give them a reason to gloat like that at Manchester United again. It was up there among the most traumatic moments of the Ferguson era. Not quite at the top, perhaps, but a close-run thing.
I think we'll be alright for the new season.

SAF will make sure that no complacency sits in.

Still need that new CM though.

Wilbur

Banned

That's the part that stuck out to me as well. His hunger's still there and for that reason we have a chance of winning this title.

It's a shame how he's acted regarding the Glazers in recent years but I'd still rather him in charge than anyone else on the planet.

I don't think the team will have any confidence or motivational issues. Everyone will be fired up and as ready as ever...it's always been like that for us. Thing is, desire only gets you so far. It's what makes the extra bit of difference when most other things are level.

I don't think our team is rubbish and I still think alot of people underestimate our squad...but it needs something more.

At this stage though I just want the season to start really. The off the field issues at the club certainly don't help and once the football gets going those things (rightly or wrongly) are pushed to the sidelines.

Outsanity

Anybody else seen the Azpilicueta to Chelsea muppetry flying around on Twitter this morning?

Apparently terms and fees agreed and awaiting a medical, not sure if it's been posted already. Good signing it would seem to me, need that fullback position filling asap.

Carbonox

Anybody else seen the Azpilicueta to Chelsea muppetry flying around on Twitter this morning?

Apparently terms and fees agreed and awaiting a medical, not sure if it's been posted already. Good signing it would seem to me, need that fullback position filling asap.

He's been linked to them all Summer I think.

Meier

I'm from Chicago and have never seen anyone here wear a Chicago Fire jersey.

The fact the team plays 20-30 miles away in Bridgeport doesn't help. I would have loved to go to Fire games when I lived in Chicago but I didn't have a car so you had to buy packages from bars to get a ride or other weird options to actually attend games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom