• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Found this on 9gag lol

4986125_460s.jpg

I'm sorry but why are we calling it the JUVE scandal? We have nothing to do with it. It's Siena and the other shit Serie B clubs. Quite unfortunate/malicious how they dragged Conte and the others into it.
Cos Pogba.

If Wenger said to RVP "Either move to Juve or stay here another year, I'm not selling you to Utd," then surely RVP would have to go Juve. Of course RVP could call Wenger's bluff but I reckon Wenger would have the greater resolve in that situation.
I would be amazed if Arsenal get through the window and don't sell him if £20m is being offered.

They'd miss out on £20m and it would still be a very real possibility he stays in England...all for what, pride? Sometimes it's important to maintain some principles but that would be very foolish IMO.

I guess it depends on whether RVP is prepared to risk staying at Arsenal for another year.

K1LLER7

You don't buy RVP and not have him be an automatic starter. Also, Welbeck starting and not RVP? Whatttttt

He'll be a starter at all 3 clubs. Even City who are loaded with Strikers already.

Personally I think he's just a bad buy for both Manchester clubs. None of them need him and given his age it's not like he can hang at the clubs for long. I don't get why they want to buy him.
Fergie seems to want a big buy, I'd take RVP as I think it'll improve our finishing and I'd start him ahead of Welbeck. It's the fact of having a player who can change a game on their own. Welbeck doesn't seem like the player who can do that and apart from Rooney and Nani (at times) there's not a lot of players you'd fear in the team.

Kem0sabe

Benficas-Alex-Witsel-cele-019.jpg

Apparently it´s a done deal, 40 million euros transfer from Benfica to Real Madrid. Have to see him with a Madrid shirt to believe it tho. Benfica´s relationship with Real is a funny one, the Portuguese club provides first team talent to Madrid while Madrid unloads it´s more promising unused players to Portugal.

GorillaJu

I'm sorry but why are we calling it the JUVE scandal? We have nothing to do with it. It's Siena and the other shit Serie B clubs. Quite unfortunate/malicious how they dragged Conte and the others into it.

Thanks!

The Suarez kerfuffle is often labelled as the "Suarez racism scandal" despite that it's unrelated to racism (character flaw), not the FA's allegations (verbal abuse)

K1LLER7

Apparently it´s a done deal, 40 million euros transfer from Benfica to Real Madrid. Have to see him with a Madrid shirt to believe it tho. Benfica´s relationship with Real is a funny one, the Portuguese club provides first team talent to Madrid while Madrid unloads it´s more promising unused players to Portugal.
He'll take Khedira's place in the team right? Big sum of money but he'll probably be a good buy

So far

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
Kylehimself///kylehimself
WJD///WJD FC
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Snoopen///Arse FC
Keio///FC Voitto
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Sage00///Crystal Phallus

£130 in the pot. If anyone's paid and not recieved the code, tell me. Same goes if you've expressed an interest in joining, but I've missed it. Also, if anyone wants in, there's plenty of room :)

GorillaJu

isWh6EeNukh94.png

Apparently it's not! :lol

Don't see Real paying 40m Euro for Witsel, who is without question not up to RM first team standards, despite not paying 35m or whatever for Modric.

Kem0sabe

He'll take Khedira's place in the team right? Big sum of money but he'll probably be a good buy

I think he´s a better investment than Modric, Witsel was amazing for Benfica last season, perfect box to box midfielder... very athletic on the ball, very good technical and he isn´t shy of getting physical in the midfield.

isWh6EeNukh94.png

Apparently it's not! :lol

Don't see Real paying 40m Euro for Witsel, who is without question not up to RM first team standards, despite not paying 35m or whatever for Modric.

I think it´s still in the air between both ManU and Real for the player?

GorillaJu

Almost choked on my drink.

Also lol at Ramos. Love that guy.

Why is that drink-choke-worthy? Barça doesn't seem to have Tello in their plans if the whispers are to be believed. Truth be told I don't think he'll ever be good enough for Barça first team.

K1LLER7

Why is that drink-choke-worthy? Barça doesn't seem to have Tello in their plans if the whispers are to be believed. Truth be told I don't think he'll ever be good enough for Barça first team.
Can't believe they play him ahead of Pedro, Liverpool should make a move, would be one of the better 20m deals Liverpool could make.

Witsel going for 40m? What is this madness?
Agent fees :(

GorillaJu

He's almost as bad as Walcott

Walcott gets way too much hate here. Tello is just the worst. He's like Obertan but in a Barca shirt. And worse.

Walcott is a very good footballer who doesn't get enough credit. He plays a simple-minded game, but so does Valencia, who is commonly touted as the best winger in the league.

Arsenal would do well to keep Theo, and many clubs would do well to prise him away from them.

Can't believe they play him ahead of Pedro, Liverpool should make a move, would be one of the better 20m deals Liverpool could make.

I think Rodgers could do for Tello what he did for Sinclair. I wouldn't mind Tello in red, just so long as he was an option and wasn't seen as our primary attacking outlet. 20m is probably way off, though. I suspect a year-long loan with an 8m option to buy is most likely to be on the cards.

Former Real Madrid youth and now Hoffenheim player Joselu wants to acquire the German citizenship and maybe play for Germany one day. He was born in Stuttgart, so it's possible.

Not sure if want, the last half-Spanish striker from Stuttgart didn't work that well lol

The Suarez kerfuffle is often labelled as the "Suarez racism scandal" despite that it's unrelated to racism (character flaw), not the FA's allegations (verbal abuse)

If it was called the "Liverpool racism scandal" I'd see your point. The Conte betting scandal? Sure, maybe. But Juventus had nothing to do with the betting in any way, shape, or form.

Tello would be a good bit of business. I don't rate him particularly highly, but we need good players to fill the holes.

Out: Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy
In: Borini, Sterling (kind of)

That's not good enough tbh, especially if we're still relying on Downing

All quiet on the Suso front btw

K1LLER7

Tello would be a good bit of business. I don't rate him particularly highly, but we need good players to fill the holes.

Out: Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy
In: Borini, Sterling (kind of)

That's not good enough tbh, especially if we're still relying on Downing

All quiet on the Suso front btw
How close are you guys to getting Allen?

GorillaJu

Valencia makes good decisions and Walcott does not. He has ability but wastes the ball an awful lot.

Valencia doesn't really make any difficult decisions because he doesn't really have to. He just follows United's plan of attack, which is to beat his fullback and then put in a cross or shoot if he has space.

Perhaps a better United comparison would be Nani. Nani makes stupid decisions all the time but he also produces magic on occasion and when he shows up can be unplayable.

I just think Walcott gets a lot of stick unfairly. Don't think he's anything like, say, Obertan, who is also one-dimensional but doesn't have the quality to make up for it.

Haven't a clue, kept away from the transfer bollocks. Its fun to keep up with it when you have a chance of getting the signings you want, but this window was always going to be a mildly disappointing one for me after FSG had their fingers burnt last year :)

GorillaJu

If it was called the "Liverpool racism scandal" I'd see your point. The Conte betting scandal? Sure, maybe. But Juventus had nothing to do with the betting in any way, shape, or form.

You're not wrong, but what I was pointing out is that people don't really care to be accurate. Can't expect them to, unfortunately, unless it's involving their own team.

We've told Swansea that we'll pay the 15m buyout clause and Allen has told them he wants to come. Think it's very close to happening.

Kem0sabe

That's a fucking crazy price, I thought he could be a bargain summer signing.

That´s his release clause, add to that he still has plenty of contract time left with the club, they made a very strong showing in the champions league last season and that Benfica doesn´t usually let their best players go without buyers meeting the release clauses.

These last few years they sold Di Maria for 35 million, Coentrão for 30 million... to Real. :)

GorillaJu

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC
#LFC have made an informal enquiry about the availability of Kévin Gameiro, earlier today. Agent Ilhan Malli has informed PSG reg. interest.

Very Rodgers-esque player, this one. But what kind of insane wages would he be on at PSG?

Meier

Witsel already moving for €40m sounds like something that would only happen in FM. Crazy, crazy jump in price in such a short period of time. Great business for Benfica if they can manage it... if I had to guess though, this is more of a shot across the bow of Spurs. Testing their Modric resolve. "Take our offer or we move on."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Benficas-Alex-Witsel-cele-019.jpg

Apparently it´s a done deal, 40 million euros transfer from Benfica to Real Madrid.

Awesome if true. Modric's dream will be crushed and he will have to stay with us.

Parker has had successful Achilles surgery and will be able to resume being Sandro's deputy in September.

Cuddler

Very Rodgers-esque player, this one. But what kind of insane wages would he be on at PSG?

I don't think he has an insane wage, really good players IMO, I watched him with PSG last year and he was doing really well with *****uaré but then he lost confidence (and time on the pitch) in the second part of the season. I want him at Juventus.
if he costs less tha 10 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom