• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I think I speak for a lot of Juventini in saying that if RVP doesn't want to play for us then we don't want him to play for us. We are no player's second choice. If RVP wants to play for United then best of luck to him in his "new" adventure. Juventus builds its legends out of players who want to spit blood for us. I'd rather have somebody like Pazzini if he's more eager to make an impact for us than somebody who thinks they are doing us a favour when they step out on the pitch.

If he comes I'll be happy but not at the expense of our team ethic.

GorillaJu

Look, I think I speak for a lot of Juventini in saying that if RVP doesn't want to play for us then we don't want him to play for us. We are no player's second choice. If RVP wants to play for United then best of luck to him in his "new" adventure. Juventus builds its legends out of players who want to spit blood for us. I'd rather have somebody like Pazzini if he's more eager to make an impact for us than somebody who thinks they are doing us a favour when they step out on the pitch.

This whole time I thought you were Yurt, and I was wondering where the happy-go-luckiness had gone. :lol

This whole time I thought you were Yurt, and I was wondering where the happy-go-luckiness had gone. :lol

Yurt's happy-go-luckiness makes him a true Juventino because when we lose he suffers worse than the rest :(

Edit: Damn, I keep trying to clean up the edges of my avatar's transparency but every time I do I get the bullshit noise artefacts around the edges. Anyone mind cleaning one up for me?

This is the source image.

MGc76.jpg

Cuddler

I completely agree, I don't see the problem, we already have the top player, Formica Atomica >>>> RVP
:p

Atomica is worth 20 million for the name alone.

Wiki said:
Sebastian Giovinco (Italian pronunciation: [seˈbastjan dʒoˈvinko]; born 26 January 1987 in Turin) is an Italian footballer who plays for Serie A club Juventus and the Italian national team. Giovinco is a second striker, winger or attacking midfielder with noted dribbling skills, playmaking skills, and he is known for his passing and his freekicks.[1][2]
Due to his short stature, pace and his technical skills, Giovinco acquired the nickname formica atomica (atom ant, after the eponymous Hanna-Barbera character).[3]

In case you didn't know :p

Atomica is going to be the name of my be-a-player pro now :p

Benficas-Alex-Witsel-cele-019.jpg

Apparently it´s a done deal, 40 million euros transfer from Benfica to Real Madrid. Have to see him with a Madrid shirt to believe it tho. Benfica´s relationship with Real is a funny one, the Portuguese club provides first team talent to Madrid while Madrid unloads it´s more promising unused players to Portugal.

The only one saying this is a done deal is A Bola, the newspaper that said Guitan to MU was a done deal more than once.

Kem0sabe

The only one saying this is a done deal is A Bola, the newspaper that said Guitan to MU was a done deal more than once.

Guess anything is possible, i read the story over at Marca and they only referenced the Portuguese press as the source of the story. I hope he stays in Portugal a couple of more years, the league needs the quality of players like him.

GorillaJu

Yurt's happy-go-luckiness makes him a true Juventino because when we lose he suffers worse than the rest :(

Edit: Damn, I keep trying to clean up the edges of my avatar's transparency but every time I do I get the bullshit noise artefacts around the edges. Anyone mind cleaning one up for me?

This is the source image.

I absolutely hate doing hair, but I can't turn down the challenge :p

iOohlG2CITjvX.png

Clegg

Katie Taylor would beat Amir Khan.

She should retire right now. Taylor played international football for Ireland and there are rumours that Arsenal ladies want to sign her.

GorillaJu

Parker is out of the first game against us...

Is this good news?

It's a good thing because Sandro is in the team at the Olympic finals, so he likely won't make it either.

I don't think Villas Boas would prefer Parker over Sandro given his bias for Portugese-speaking players, anyway. Not that it'll be easy, but that's two quality midfielders you don't have to worry about.

Kyoufu

It's a good thing because Sandro is in the team at the Olympic finals, so he likely won't make it either.

I don't think Villas Boas would prefer Parker over Sandro given his bias for Portugese-speaking players, anyway. Not that it'll be easy, but that's two quality midfielders you don't have to worry about.

Interesting. I'm still scared of Tottenheim a little but we're stronger now than we were at the start of last season so I'm hopeful we can win.

Of course Modric is still going to be a problem if Levy won't sell him.

Maybe they'll qualify for CL with players that actually want to play for them?

dc89

Scott Sinclair was given a tour of Carrington on Tuesday and was impressed. Transfer fee will be £5.5m, possibly rising to £8m according to Sky Sports News.

---

Bam Construction have been given the task of building the Etihad Campus. The contract worth £100M will see the construction of the world class facilities including 15 pitches, a 7,000 seater stadium and a new training centre built opposite the Etihad Stadium.

Also included in the development plans are: One half sized and one full size youth development pitches, one half size and four full size first team pitches, on-site sleeping accommodation and classroom facilities for 40 young players, a first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and rehab centre.

---

City have launched a website aimed at it's young fans. City Kicks offers young City fans club news, player profiles, match reports, games, puzzles, competitions, exclusive videos & educational and nutritional information which is tailored to kids.

My favourite bit are the awesome cartoons of the players:

GorillaJu

Interesting. I'm still scared of Tottenheim a little but we're stronger now than we were at the start of last season so I'm hopeful we can win.

Of course Modric is still going to be a problem if Levy won't sell him.

Maybe they'll qualify for CL with players that actually want to play for them?

Modric will probably be there even if they do sell him, since the window closes well after the first week of PL football has concluded.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
New rumor/twist:
Tottenham to let Sandro go and replace with Yann M'Vila according to reports in France. http://bit.ly/ONVD3G

hahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHA

If that happens I will kill myself. These French papers just like talking shit, like that nonsense about us replacing BAE with Aly Cissokho. If AVB agrees to let Sandro go I will loathe him for the rest of time.

And Kyoufu I imagine if we need him Sandro will play. Rose and Caulker are already training with the first team, and they were at the Olympics. The final is on Saturday, if we need Sandro against you, we will use him.

I really don't get why City are signing Scott Sinclair. I mean he's a decent player with some potential but...I dunno, it just seems like a signing made for the sake of it.

Not sure it's a good idea for him either but tough to turn an opportunity like that down.

Kem0sabe

Scott Sinclair was given a tour of Carrington on Tuesday and was impressed. Transfer fee will be £5.5m, possibly rising to £8m according to Sky Sports News.

---

Bam Construction have been given the task of building the Etihad Campus. The contract worth £100M will see the construction of the world class facilities including 15 pitches, a 7,000 seater stadium and a new training centre built opposite the Etihad Stadium.

Also included in the development plans are: One half sized and one full size youth development pitches, one half size and four full size first team pitches, on-site sleeping accommodation and classroom facilities for 40 young players, a first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and rehab centre.

---

City have launched a website aimed at it's young fans. City Kicks offers young City fans club news, player profiles, match reports, games, puzzles, competitions, exclusive videos & educational and nutritional information which is tailored to kids.

My favourite bit are the awesome cartoons of the players:

When i read these City stories, the only thing that comes to mind is this quote:

...when deep-space exploitation ramps up, it will probably be the megatonic corporations that discover all the new planets and map them. The IBM Stellar Sphere. The Philip Morris Galaxy. Planet Denny's. Every planet will take on the corporate identity of whoever rapes it first. Budweiser World

I´m imagining it now... Welcome to Planet Etihad... where you can be the all-singing, all-dancing crap you were born to be. :)

GorillaJu

When i read these City stories, the only thing that comes to mind is this quote:

I´m imagining it now... Welcome to Planet Etihad... where you can be the all-singing, all-dancing crap you were born to be. :)

United is more guilty of this than City, so not sure what you're talking about here.

Kem0sabe

United is more guilty of this than City, so not sure what you're talking about here.

All these big clubs are guilty of this, football clubs turning into these disgustingly huge corporations hell bent in shoving their brand into every facet of our lives...

Never mind me, i just saw Fight Club last night :)

Bumhead

Banned
All these big clubs are guilty of this, football clubs turning into these disgustingly huge corporations hell bent in shoving their brand into every facet of our lives...

Football at the top level is revolting. It's like a fucking circus. The Premier League is almost like the WWE at times.

But that's the way of the world, isn't it. Got to be done to compete for those all important foreign markets.

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom