• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Kermit trollin on Liverpool fans again, so I told him to shut up :lol
Good lad.
Borini's physique @_@
It's unreal. Would give many things to look like that.

Sweet Lord Jesus our defending has been shocking. Jenas and Livermore are offering no protection, Vertonghen is all over the place. Sandro and Parker are badly missed, we need Huddlestone and Kaboul or Dawson for the second half. We started brilliantly but after the goal we've list composite.
I'll switch over and watch after Rodgers post match interview.

Ryck

Not just the soccer part. Just the not caring in general till the olympics come by :p

And lots of eagles, lots and lots of eagles when the gold medal arrives.
It's kinda an inside joke, Americans don't really care either way. If we won gold then we ham it up and chant USA, if we lose we just shrug and go back to whatever it was we were doing before.

Everyone else takes shit way too seriously and of course Gaffers play on that and make people angry. It's all in good fun tho.

Not just the soccer part. Just the not caring in general till the olympics come by :p

And lots of eagles, lots and lots of eagles when the gold medal arrives.

Causal footy fans annoy me, I dared mention that the save was being blown out of proportion and got jumped upon

Surprised nobody was witty enough to say salt or similar

Clegg

RedCafe is hilarious. Loads of posters saying that they wouldn't sign RVP because it would hinder the development of Welbeck and Hernandez.

1) Those two would still get plenty of games.
2) You can't turn down the chance to sign a world class striker.

Could you copy and paste his tweets from today?

Would love to have some laugh right now. lolz

Sure:

@KermitTheDogGAF: @Dean_RB Koptimism dictates you can be guaranteed top 4 and possible title contenders after 45 minutes

@KermitTheDogGAF: @Dean_RB Remember how good Pool looked in the 1st half on the opening day vs Sunderland? And the comical predictions that followed? #8th

@TimmyPants: @farhat8 @NathanRB_61 Hahaha already tempering expectations I see, very cute. You guys are scared.

@TimmyPants: @farhat8 @nathanrb_61 "If City don't win by 4000 goals, what a failure!" How very smalltime of the both of you

That's not all :lol

mil6es

RedCafe is hilarious. Loads of posters saying that they wouldn't sign RVP because it would hinder the development of Welbeck and Hernandez.

1) Those two would still get plenty of games.
2) You can't turn down the chance to sign a world class striker.

Its redcafe any player wouldn't get into the first team according to them

flyover

Causal footy fans annoy me, I dared mention that the save was being blown out of proportion and got jumped upon

Surprised nobody was witty enough to say salt or similar

Only seen the GIF, myself. And based on it, I agree with you. But I bet within the context of the game (when everything is super-tense, for viewers and players) and at actual speed, it looked pretty impressive.

Fry

Sure:

@KermitTheDogGAF: @Dean_RB Koptimism dictates you can be guaranteed top 4 and possible title contenders after 45 minutes

@KermitTheDogGAF: @Dean_RB Remember how good Pool looked in the 1st half on the opening day vs Sunderland? And the comical predictions that followed? #8th

@TimmyPants: @farhat8 @NathanRB_61 Hahaha already tempering expectations I see, very cute. You guys are scared.

@TimmyPants: @farhat8 @nathanrb_61 "If City don't win by 4000 goals, what a failure!" How very smalltime of the both of you

That's not all :lol

He runs KermitTheDogGAF too?!

Fry

It's not in Daniel's hands" "It's up to the owners" "Every player has his price" - Gerrard

from twitter, but bit weird if true.

Arnie

Downing really impressed me tonight, just throwing that in there.

It's not in Daniel's hands" "It's up to the owners" "Every player has his price" - Gerrard

Was from ESPN interview. Said he personally would love him to stay, Rodgers wants to say, but that every player's got their price. Still can't see him going, because I can't see City paying around £30 million for a player who doesn't want to come.

Clegg

---------------Rooney

---------------Kagawa
Nani ---------------------Valencia

---------Anderson - Cleverley

Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Rafael

----------------De Gea
I would love to see this United team.

But its just too attack minded. Our defence would be left terribly exposed.

bjaelke

Total LFC ‏@TheTotalLFC
Gerrard: "I want Agger to stay. I want all good players to stay." #LFC

Total LFC ‏@TheTotalLFC
Steven Gerrard "Decision may be out of Agger's hands."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Downing really impressed me tonight, just throwing that in there.

Was from ESPN interview. Said he personally would love him to stay, Rodgers wants to say, but that every player's got their price. Still can't see him going, because I can't see City paying around £30 million for a player who doesn't want to come.

City will pay whatever they have to. The only question is whether Agger would accept the transfer.

Arnie

Not bad Liverpool-GAF. Not bad.

He said it. He also spoke about Allen. Seems like 1 will leave and 1 will arrive.

Annoys me when players say they won't talk about a player because it's disrespectful, then proceed to talk about said player. Like I say though, can't see Agger going.

We might be able to reach 6th place if we play like this all season.

City will pay whatever they have to. The only question is whether Agger would accept the transfer.
They haven't done that for a while, though. Not for Hazard, not for RVP, not for Rossi. Seems strange to do it for a player that's both injury prone and completely against moving.

K1LLER7

I would love to see this United team.

But its just too attack minded. Our defence would be left terribly exposed.
I'd put Carrick in there for either Ando or Cleverly. Then it'll be a pretty balanced team. Clevs has to work a little on his defensive game.

Wilbur

Banned
Could you copy and paste his tweets from today?

Would love to have some laugh right now. lolz

Start at the bottom of this post and work your way up:

bbe1q.png

UwYL8.png

U1MCu.png

pFncT.png

GXtwW.png

nQqnJ.png

BvZzb.png

Ryck

this is for those who know what offside is ok
I remember I used to basically live in the Footy thread... Prolly 2004-2009 or so...

Back in those days it was Mama Smurf and Cornballer and others.

There was a mass ban hammer that kinda destroyed the thread.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember I used to basically live in the Footy thread... Prolly 2004-2009 or so...

Back in those days it was Mama Smurf and Cornballer and others.

There was a mass ban hammer that kinda destroyed the thread.

Mama Smurf supported Blackburn right? I remember seeing an old thread. Any of the old ones still around?

I love getting new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom