• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I remember I used to basically live in the Footy thread... Prolly 2004-2009 or so...

Back in those days it was Mama Smurf and Cornballer and others.

There was a mass ban hammer that kinda destroyed the thread.

moet-chandon-midnight-gold.jpg

Ryck

Mama Smurf supported Blackburn right? I remember seeing an old thread. Any of the old ones still around?

I love getting new members.
Yes he did, not sure if he is still around though, I know Cornballer is still around ( GOT threads). I can't remember the others off hand. One of the exiled members made his own board and we all went there for a while but it just wasn't the same. I don't think that mod is even around anymore but she really wrecked a good thing.

I sporadically lurk in this thread for news and input and what not, but I just never posted until today.

Brought a huge smile to my face... what was that kids name again?

GorillaJu

I'm just after hearing that The Last Guardian may have been cancelled.

I just don't know anymore guys..

Has anything come out or is it just based on the expiring trademark? If the latter I wouldn't worry too much. Though it does need to fucking come out

GorillaJu

Kermit can be funny in long form. On Twitter he just comes across a bit douchey. I can relate though. Most people online think I'm a douche too.

jtb

Banned
Allen's medical is tomorrow if his twitter account is real.

Everyone is spending except us. Total shite.

not verified... but it was just opened today I guess.

and why the hell would Agger turn down City? More trophies, more money, and the club wants you out? There's loyalty, then there's stupidity.

Arnie

I like Kermit. Wish he wasn't banned. He talks a lot of shite, but don't we all? At least he's consistently bolshy, and I like someone to argue with.

Kyoufu

Spurs need to make signings more than your lot.

They need the Modric situation resolved too.

Aside from a striker they are sorted really.

Sigurdsson was a fantastic signing just by himself, but Vertonghen too? Very good so far for them.

Clegg

If I was a fan of a rival club then I'd be hoping that United sign RVP.

We'd be signing an excellent player but not in a position that we really need strengthening in.

Midfield and fullback are a much more pressing concern.

Obviously you'd be feeling different if you were an Arsenal fan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Aside from a striker they are sorted really.

Sigurdsson was a fantastic signing just by himself, but Vertonghen too? Very good so far for them.

Vertonghen has been shite this pre season. Hell come good but I don't think he'll make the first XI straight away.

GorillaJu

If I was a fan of a rival club then I'd be hoping that United sign RVP.

We'd be signing an excellent player but not in a position that we really need strengthening in.

Midfield and fullback are a much more pressing concern.

Obviously you'd be feeling different if you were an Arsenal fan.

As a bitter jealous United hater, I don't want you to sign him because I like United how it is: you have one legitimate world famous star player who is in his prime years, in Rooney.

The less I hear about United players, the better. If RvP signs it'll put more focus on them.

jtb

Banned
You could easily say the exact same about RVP.

I could and I will. RVP should have been sold at the beginning of the window. Unlike RVP tho, the interest (and, more importantly, the money) is there at City so a deal is more likely to be done.

GorillaJu

You could easily say the exact same about RVP.

The difference is that RVP isn't a true Gunner. He wants out for personal gain because he puts himself first and the team second. Agger is the opposite. If he's forced out, it'll be for financial reasons on the club's part, not his.

Arnie

Kermit was an utter, utter wanker.

I found my appreciation for him changes with my own attitude; sometimes I take his bolshy approach with a smile and enjoy the argument, other times my patience is much shorter and I'm not interested in a needlessly confrontational exchange.

I do miss protracted debates on here though, which he was always keen for.

Can some avatarise Borini+hand for me?
If nobody does one tonight I'll do you one tomorrow, if you remind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom