• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Well our men's team is pretty gash but if people appreciate the USWNT I guess I can feel happy about that.

Would rather Japan won.

Slizz

Well our men's team is pretty gash but if people appreciate the USWNT I guess I can feel happy about that.

Would rather Japan won.

Clearly Japan and the US are the top 2 Woman's team, they might even be more precise than the US as a whole.

Japan got the Cup, US gets the medal. Even trade.

GorillaJu

Clearly Japan and the US are the top 2 Woman's team., they might be more precise than the US as a whole.

Japan got the Cup, US gets the medal. Even trade.

It's mostly because I feel like Nadeshiko gave Japan a real lift after the earthquake/tsunami that I like them so much. It was an extremely emotional win for them to get the women's world cup and everyone is extremely proud of them.

There is a girl from one of my high schools who is on the team, too.

I'm happy for my own girls, too. USA vs Japan is kind of a win-win for a fan like me.

GorillaJu

I really like Borini.

Same. I hate to rag on big Andy, but the difference in what they offer the team is night and day. Borini has been all over the place and in one game has looked like a great fit up there with Suarez and Gerrard.

Podolski or Borini for Fantasy team?

Borini may be playing more. I'd take him over Polski, but that's probably the Liverpool fan in me talking.

Wilbur

Banned
I really like Borini.

untitled-9xgliq.gif

Arnie

Same. I hate to rag on big Andy, but the difference in what they offer the team is night and day. Borini has been all over the place and in one game has looked like a great fit up there with Suarez and Gerrard.

Yep. He's linked with them both brilliantly, and he's technically leaps and bounds above what Carroll can offer. I'd rather not have to force Suarez out wide.

That was an outrageous pass from Gerrard, shame Suarez was marginally off.

MPW

"I do not care at all how they play, as a Madridista I could never play for them. Not for all the gold in the world. I could not do it on principle."

fuck yeah Granero!

Slizz

I love all those casual football (soccer) fans at the olympic thread.

Also, Inter lost 0-2 :lol

Don't bite on that shit man lol. Have you learned nothing from the EURO2012 thread?

Although the WC2010 thread I remember wasn't all too bad...

Meier

Had to miss much of the USWNT game due to a meeting.. just caught the highlights from what I missed. Amazing stuff from Solo and Carly Lloyd's second goal was a STUNNER! We got lucky on the no handball against Tobin Heath but I'll take it. Woohoo, go ladies!

My brother said the place is absolutely buzzing, one of the most exciting moments of his life!

Linius

Don't bite on that shit man lol. Have you learned nothing from the EURO2012 thread?

Although the WC2010 thread I remember wasn't all too bad...

Not just the soccer part. Just the not caring in general till the olympics come by :p

And lots of eagles, lots and lots of eagles when the gold medal arrives.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sweet Lord Jesus our defending has been shocking. Jenas and Livermore are offering no protection, Vertonghen is all over the place. Sandro and Parker are badly missed, we need Huddlestone and Kaboul or Dawson for the second half. We started brilliantly but after the goal we've lost composure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom