• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
People would still be stupid to buy them. No voting rights is the big thing - what are the investors gaining from investing? Nothing from what I can see.
Well, as I say, it still isn't a massively attractive offering...but tbh even with voting rights there would be little to gain here. Having the voting rights is a courtesy for investment but at a 10% stock offering even equal voting rights gives you very little back. If one single investor bought all those shares they'd be spending $300m but gain basically irrelevant influence.

People buying these shares will be buying them 1) because it's Man United 2) they think the value of the club is still on the up, and it is really. TV and commercial income is still rising massively.

As I say, still a bad investment because the short/medium term gains aren't there...but some people will probably make money on this.

My friend just informed me of some stupid rumor about us (Zenit) putting in a 40 million bid for Hulk. And apparently we might even be willing to toss in Bruno Alves to sweeten the deal.

I'd rather get nobody this transfer window that spend 40 million for fucking Hulk. I wouldn't even pay 25 million for him but 40 would be Torres bad. Very overrated in my eyes. Why not just get Berbatov for like 5 mil and bring back Arshavin for peanuts as well and keep the rest.

Messi

tumblr_m754bqa9xQ1qbn9g2o2_250.gif

Sup guys!

I'll only be starting to cover the financial markets in my next semester at Uni so I'm not really up to speed yet, but I have a question.

How much will be knocked off the debt? I know the Glazers were looking to remove £75m but will that figure change now that shares will be floating at a lower price? Or was this deal fully underwritten by the banks?
Depends on what the under-writing agreement was which we won't know just yet.

I doubt the under-writers will have bridged the gap though. Means about £150m will be raised. Expect the Glazer's to take their allotted amount first so less will be knocked off the debt I would guess. Closer to £50m instead of £75m. Hardly matters tbh, about £1.5m less a year in interest payments.

Bad because obv. less debt is paid off. Good because it's a more realistic valuation and gives hope that the club can still be bought at some stage.

If enough Liverpool troglodytes believe it and clench their ickle tattooed fists, it will surely come to pass.
Sad truth is that as much as some LFC (and other) fans think United are on the brink of collapse and shake with fury and mystery when the club rolls on...there are just as many United fans who think all is fine and dandy.

Hate Liverpool but at least most of their fans were clued up about their owners. Okay their owners were seriously shit so it wasn't hard to notice...but still.

Clegg

Depends on what the under-writing agreement was which we won't know just yet.

I doubt the under-writers will have bridged the gap though. Means about £150m will be raised. Expect the Glazer's to take their allotted amount first so less will be knocked off the debt I would guess. Closer to £50m instead of £75m. Hardly matters tbh, about £1.5m less a year in interest payments.

Bad because obv. less debt is paid off. Good because it's a more realistic valuation and gives hope that the club can still be bought at some stage.

Do you really think they'll sell the club off anytime soon though?

They make too much money from United.

PaulLFC

Sad truth is that as much as some LFC (and other) fans think United are on the brink of collapse and shake with fury and mystery when the club rolls on...there are just as many United fans who think all is fine and dandy.

Hate Liverpool but at least most of their fans were clued up about their owners. Okay their owners were seriously shit so it wasn't hard to notice...but still.
Unbelievably, some still managed not to notice.

Wilbur

Banned
I just want you to know that those of you who were meant to carry on the Olivia torch in my absence have failed me. This place almost seemed respectable in my time away. You make me SICK.

Please, there's been tits galore the last few days. I ain't never seen Olivia in a bikini

Do you really think they'll sell the club off anytime soon though?

They make too much money from United.
It's difficult to say really. It depends what their personal situation is.

I don't think they make THAT much money off us. Sure they do make money but before this they haven't taken that much for themselves, they've wasted most of it. If for example they have to pay back the PIK debts which it's widely assumed they've got loans on, you're looking at paying back £200m, maybe more. They'll never make enough of us in the short term to pay that off. So it depends if they need a big lump of cash anytime soon. If they do I don't see what else they can do apart from sell, or offer more of the club.

This offering is fairly desperate itself so to me that suggest they need money quick. If they need more...they'll have to sell.

Personally I think they're going to stick around because as I said before there is a lot of money still coming into the club. But I'm hopeful that their personal situation gets bad enough they have to sell.

K1LLER7

I just want you to know that those of you who were meant to carry on the Olivia torch in my absence have failed me. This place almost seemed respectable in my time away. You make me SICK.

nice move with the gif :)

There's been too much music talk, koptimism and kim kardashian to care about Olivia and dat jaw :p

btw did you watch the United v Barca match?

Messi

Please, there's been tits galore the last few days. I ain't never seen Olivia in a bikini

I am pretty sure you are trying to trick me into being banned again so I am not going to risk it. But I have those pictures. :p

why?

u pulled a pep on us :p

I got into some pretty serious trouble in work and alot of it was down to stuff I was meant to do but forgot due to extensive time spent on footy gaf. Decided it was best to get myself banned and see how I went without gaf. Turns out my productivity rises significantly but I missed posting here. Eventually I took up home on twitter and some of you guys have been my saving grace of fun since.

Got myself a written warning in work :( and a stern meeting with the bossman.

nice move with the gif :)

There's been too much music talk, koptimism and kim kardashian to care about Olivia and dat jaw :p

btw did you watch the United v Barca match?

I watched it in work on my phone :p It was a fun first half and boring second half.

I am going to Olivia this place up like its christmas in the next few days.

Also suits:

suits_2u0k2s.gif

MPW

I got into some pretty serious trouble in work and alot of it was down to stuff I was meant to do but forgot due to extensive time spent on footy gaf. Decided it was best to get myself banned and see how I went without gaf. Turns out my productivity rises significantly but I missed posting here. Eventually I took up home on twitter and some of you guys have been my saving grace of fun since.

Got myself a written warning in work :( and a stern meeting with the bossman.

oh i see

just come on gaf when you are not @ work, problem solved! (easier said than done I know)

Messi

oh i see

just come on gaf when you are not @ work, problem solved!

Sadly addiction does not work like that. having the net on my phone does not help. But we shall see, I am trying to cut down on it. Being banned was fucked up though. I realised I made a mistake mere moments after I got banned.

edit: Also when not having gaf to post on, I spent stupid amounts of time on Oliva sites.

Clegg

Tbh I think I might ask for a month long ban in October.

I'll be starting some important classes in Uni and GAF is just too big a distraction for me.

Messi

I'll be starting some important classes in Uni and GAF is just too big a distraction for me.

Think long and hard about that one, I nearly asked for 6 months :/ decided on 2 weeks as a trial.

Kyoufu

I don't see how a ban would change anything. You'll still clear your cookies and browse this thread.

Messi

I don't see how a ban would change anything. You'll still clear your cookies and browse this thread.

THIS, it happened very quickly with me. But then I was just fustrated I could not post. Felt like a lurker again. So I stopped looking.

GAF is less appealing when you cant post. HI KERMIT.

Edit: It was fun seeing you guys try to figure out how I got banned. General theory for a while was Banter? or Oliva? lol

K1LLER7

Sadly addiction does not work like that. having the net on my phone does not help. But we shall see, I am trying to cut down on it. Being banned was fucked up though. I realised I made a mistake mere moments after I got banned.

edit: Also when not having gaf to post on, I spent stupid amounts of time on Oliva sites.

#TeamOlivia needs to be formed when theres times like this.

Didn't realise the Super cup is on the 23rd, expect Madrid to have signed Witsel or Modric by then. Barca don't seem to want anyone who'll get into the first 11. Tello was shocking against United, Pedro has to start ahead of him.

Yeah just browsing GAF would be a big enough distraction for me. But I guess not being able to post is still an improvement.

For me my phone is just too big a distraction. At uni it was the worst thing. It's just so easy to lose focus and browse the web or go on twitter or whatever.

Best solution would probably be to turn my data off or something. Really though it's just a case of self discipline, I guess a ban is a step in the right direction though.

Messi

#TeamOlivia needs to be formed when theres times like this.

Didn't realise the Super cup is on the 23rd, expect Madrid to have signed Witsel or Modric by then. Barca don't seem to want anyone who'll get into the first 11. Tello was shocking against United, Pedro has to start ahead of him.

I am down for this, I want a #TeamOliva tag. I think ive earned it at this point.

Tello is fine, except his finishing is SHOCKING. I think we need to loan him out to a smaller club for a season or two like Arsenal or Liverpool.

Yeah just browsing GAF would be a big enough distraction for me. But I guess not being able to post is still an improvement.

For me my phone is just too big a distraction. At uni it was the worst thing. It's just so easy to lose focus and browse the web or go on twitter or whatever.

Best solution would probably be to turn my data off or something. Really though it's just a case of self discipline, I guess a ban is a step in the right direction though.

This sadly wont help. I lacked the self discipline to do it.

K1LLER7

Lectures do become pretty boring at times.

MPW

yes and no

it might work or u replace that with another distraction lol

Messi

Here in Brazil, there's only one channel that airs BB. I have it.

5th season will start in a few months. LOL.

Good luck with that... :p which reminds me, I need to go watch this weeks ep.

she is hotter

Nah, in my opinion she is not. She is pretty fine though. Don't get me wrong, I would not kick her out of bed for eating a packet of chips.

You have questionable taste anyway, you support Madrid.

K1LLER7

Nah, in my opinion she is not. She is pretty fine though. Don't get me wrong, I would not kick her out of bed for eating a packet of chips.

ibaxD4DK7GFJQU.gif

MPW

lol hater

Just read the article Chriswok posted about Jose Mourinho's training session. It's fascinating. An amazing insight really.

You can see how certain training drills impact the team aswell, and also preparation for the Barca games.

Highly reccomended.

http://garycurneen.com/archives/1456

tumblr_lsd06oJ4ax1r2x0tzo7_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom