• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

#DestroVerrattiBoriniFuture

Any specific songs? I liked your Covered in Rain and Wearing The Inside Out :p

Porcupine Tree are a prog rock band, so it's really more about albums. In Absentia is absolutely amazing, as are Deadwing and Fear Of A Blank Planet. Start there, in that order. Steven Wilson is a fucking genius. As for specific songs ...

Trains, a fan's favourite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQDxLsfrjw

Lips of Ashes, one of my favourites. Get your headphones on, close your eyes, relax and embark on a journey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buEMIlkQoEY

Btw, what do you mean you liked Wearing The Inside Out? You mean you don't have every Pink Floyd record in your music collection already? Specifically, The Division Bell album? Please tell me it ain't so.

nitewulf

anyone else at Yankee stadium yesterday? i had beautiful seats and got to some wonderful skills. madrid was playing at a reduced gear, still they gave us quite a show.

GorillaJu

Kim Kardashian is chubby?

Fuck me you've got high standards.

If I saw a girl like her at a party or something i would never turn her down, but girls you'd gladly hook up with at the end of the night and celebrities (especially those who are famous for no good reason) should be held to different standards, no?

She is overweight, and she does have great tits. Don't see the appeal though when there are so many hotter women to fawn over.

Anyway enough of that.

Wilbur

Banned
If I saw a girl like her at a party or something i would never turn her down, but girls you'd gladly hook up with at the end of the night and celebrities (especially those who are famous for no good reason) should be held to different standards, no?

She is overweight, and she does have great tits. Don't see the appeal though when there are so many hotter women to fawn over.

She is overweight?

HahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahaha

Wilbur

Banned
I know it's completely disgusting and probably unhygienic, but I'd bury my face in KK's arse.

I'd crawl inside and hibernate until it was time to collect seeds

kim-kardashian-hollywood-actress-bikini-sexy-pictures.jpg

no no no no no way is that overweight

GorillaJu

She is overweight?

HahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahahaHahaha

She is. The western world has sad standards as to what is considered a proper weight. In Australia, the US and England, Chubby = average, Fat = "curvy", Obese = overweight

I'm not really concerned with health (lord knows I have my own problems), it just looks unattractive

WJD

She is. The western world has sad standards as to what is considered a proper weight. In Australia, the US and England, Chubby = average, Fat = "curvy", Obese = overweight

I'm not really concerned with health (lord knows I have my own problems), it just looks unattractive

wat wat wat

GorillaJu

Wouldn't you want it to be valued higher? Higher share cost = more debt paid off = more money for transfers and wages

Or do you want your club to suffer out of spite for the owners?

Lol I'm done arguing with you guys about Kardashian. Surely we could find something more worthwhile to discuss than someone whose crowning achievement in life is getting boned on a handy cam by Ray J. Agree to disagree.

So, have I missed anything in my absence from the internet? Football related specifically.

OH! Also, has anyone seen Casa de mi Padre? It was that Will Ferrell and Gael Garcia Bernal flick. I just downloaded it off iTunes and am kind of excited.

Clegg

Well that's good. Sounds like they're desperate for a sale

Its still too expensive though.

Morningstar think that 10 dollers per share offers a fair valuation for the club. The price has been set at $14 per share. Its not a much as the Glazers wanted but still not a great sign imo.

Arnie

That picture that Wilbury just posted is nearly perfect, her weight is spot on in my opinion; not unhealthy thin but not enough body fat to distort her appearance.

I say 'nearly perfect' because it's clear that photos can get better.

KMoEw.jpg

GorillaJu

The thing is that even if the Glazers eventually give up the club, itll be after things have already gotten much worse. For the sake of you fans, I hope you never have to do what Liverpool fans did to get H&G out.

Arnie

The thing is that even if the Glazers eventually give up the club, itll be after things have already gotten much worse. For the sake of you fans, I hope you never have to do what Liverpool fans did to get H&G out.

Same, I hate them and their club, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Club's shouldn't be falling off the face of the Earth because of a few heinous individuals.

kharma45

Not much but still a decent United IPO article here

http://www.ifrasia.com/equities-manu-rides-institutional-support-to-public-markets/21034599.article

A seemingly rational pricing decision bodes well for Manchester United, both in the short and long term.

Instrumental to the outcome was a seven-year jersey contract that Manchester United signed with General Motors’ Chevrolet. The contract, announced on the eve of formal IPO marketing, will generate initial revenue of US$70m and US$559m over its term. That compares to the $18.6m that the club receives from current sponsor Aon.

“The GM deal really increased confidence of investors to look further out in their valuation,” said one ECM banker close to the situation. “This is really a bet on the long-term value of the franchise, and the true value kicks in over time.”

GorillaJu

I wouldn't wish complete turmoil on anyone, but I will admit I harbor some hopeless aspiration that the GM deal will get investigated internally and they'll find some contract clause that allows them to pull the sponsorship agreement.

I made such a silly mistake today:

So the wife runs a hair salon and she was working late tonight, I took the little lad up to see her after work, she has a new girl working there with phenomenal boobs. When she got home she asked me what I thought of the new girl, for some unknown reason I replied 'great chebs' I don't know why I did this but now my wife thinks / knows I'm a perve!

Just back from football.

One of the worst pains is when you have a deep cut and all those little plastic rubber pieces get stuck in it. Getting them out really hurts.

The draw for the play-off round of the champions league is tomorrow, right? I'm interested in seeing who Myaso (aka Spartak Moscow) draw. Wouldn't mind seeing them destroyed 10-3 again.

Wilbur

Banned

So the wife runs a hair salon and she was working late tonight, I took the little lad up to see her after work, she has a new girl working there with phenomenal boobs. When she got home she asked me what I thought of the new girl, for some unknown reason I replied 'great chebs' I don't know why I did this but now my wife thinks / knows I'm a perve!

I laughed at chebs

Clegg

@David4May
"Wow, Katie Taylor, total respect to you. Did Britain proud, congrats. And to all other British athletes too. #london2012"
Gormless gobshite.

Hes still basking in the achievements of others too.

Arnie

Just back from the game... Sat in the Kop, which was nice. Borini impressed... Johnson's goal was pretty decent... Ass implants, guys.
Pretty jealous, not wished I was at a pre-season game as much as I did today.

Excellent, if a bit naughty.

GorillaJu

Meanwhile, asked about Daniel Agger the manager said: "There's nothing new to add. He's very important for me. I like to have a playmaker at the back. With Daniel, this is his game - building from behind, stepping out with the ball and making passes and you see his commitment to the cause.

"For me there's no update because we don't want to sell him. He's a player who is very important for me and it will remain that way."

Good stuff. Let's keep him. Before this game I was thinking it may just be better to get whatever cash we can and start fresh, but it's clear there's something very much in the works with the team as it is. Should be looking to keep moving forward.

Arnie

Good stuff. Let's keep him. Before this game I was thinking it may just be better to get whatever cash we can and start fresh, but it's clear there's something very much in the works with the team as it is. Should be looking to keep moving forward.

That starting 11 tonight, except with Allen exchanged for Shelvey, is very strong. I know there are squad improvements to be made but I don't think it's worth pawning our best defender to make them. If tonight showed anything it's that with the right tactics our team is very good.

Sorry to get all optimistic, I don't like it myself, it frightens me.

GorillaJu

That starting 11 tonight, except with Allen exchanged for Shelvey, is very strong. I know there are squad improvements to be made but I don't think it's worth pawning our best defender to make them. If tonight showed anything it's that with the right tactics our team is very good.

Sorry to get all optimistic, I don't like it myself, it frightens me.

Yeah definitely keep that optimism problem in check. But I agree that I'm pretty happy with the way we played and if we continue to get better and not the other way around, then we will finally have some cause to be hopeful

Arnie

Aww, I'm sad I was ignored after making a rare appearance. Until next time footyGAF

Sorry, missed your post. Subsequently you missed Liverpool playing very well against a stinky Belarusian side, Spurs losing to a very good Valencia side, and Wilbury integrating his face into Kim Kardashian's anus.

Borini said in his interview on the official site that he tried to slide after his trademark celebration to imitate the likes of Gerrard and Torres. What a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom