• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

lol hater

You are.

iKKcKmrUUHbrP.jpg

Meier

Was looking at Alex Morgan's pics on Facebook. Barca fans will appreciate these.. rather see her dressed this way than in a tablecloth.

308476_241298992576237_4428357_n.jpg

317660_241298842576252_1155606_n.jpg

Weird ass Miami Dolphins mascot with a David Silva photo on the wall! This was apparently some sort of Sports Center shoot.

Fry

bKqXC.jpg

Can some avatarise Borini+hand for me?

iLo1qZpV8VfRK.png
ikNCuguqeHqGU.png
iWL7VHo8V9jfy.png

iSbTOW4GxFElb.png

MPW, I saw that game today while having lunch. Kaka was pretty great with the assists, but Di Maria's goal - ! Was awesome.

He's not one of my favorite players (he's in the top 10 brazilian players though), but Kaka is one of the greatest and will always have a soft spot.

Lunchbox

Banned
lets just say gaf doesn't criticize kaka for doing basically nothing significant for the past 3 years

plus, isn't he one of your fave players?

well u will enjoy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9c7RHgwxU&list=UUjuL1dKsBxtkeMSC3ywOXGg&index=1&feature=plcp

i remember back in 09 some people predicted this take the easy way out jt would shine in la liga and ronaldo might struggle to adjust, because he had superior technique while ronaldo relies on pace and power. yeah fuck off

he showcased how much of a difference there is between a Ferguson product and some lazy one hit wonder

Where would he play? I don't really see him as a winger.

He played a winger here a lot, he's a very attacking left back when playing there. Also think he has played left wing for the Costa Rica national team a lot (at least he did against Spain where he impressed), he got a good shot and can dribble well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTodq27wvbw&t=3m48s

Scores the first, assist (and great tackle) at the second. Also him who snubs up ball at the second Copenhagen goal.

GorillaJu

Some harsh words spoken about Vita. I love mine and I think it will be marginally successful in Japan at some point as I've begun to see more and more of them pop up on the street and on the trains, but I'm afaid the sentiment is right that it is doomed to failure.

elsk

Banned
He played a winger here a lot, he's a very attacking left back when playing there. Also think he has played left wing for the Costa Rica national team a lot (at least he did against Spain where he impressed), he got a good shot and can dribble well.

Scores the first, assist (and great tackle) at the second. Also him who snubs up ball at the second Copenhagen goal.

I had no idea, I always saw him playing as full-back for CR. I didn't watch the Spain match.
He looks very promising. Still, Copenhagen needs an honduran player!

Meier

lol

Kelley O'Hara is badass, too.

http://www.abload.de/img/tumblr_loz4wjxxjh1qatavi0c.gif[img]

Shame France couldn't get the bronze off Canada.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she's a cutie. They had a little series of videos on Youtube that interviewed the girls in their hometowns.. she did one for San Fran the other day. Worth watching, lasts about 5 minutes or so.. she's apparently become a surfer since moving to Cali from rural Georgia.

elsk

Banned
Its just a rumour. Its obvious a loan move and guaranteed playing time is what he needs.

With Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago Alcantara, Sergi Roberto, etc theres no room for him. He should move to another club and start playing in first division, he's 22 already(!)... CMs from Barcelona academy are usually highly rated so he should be able to find a good club.

Zabojnik

SOLD!

iLo1qZpV8VfRK.png
ikNCuguqeHqGU.png
iWL7VHo8V9jfy.png

iSbTOW4GxFElb.png

MPW, I saw that game today while having lunch. Kaka was pretty great with the assists, but Di Maria's goal - ! Was awesome.

He's not one of my favorite players (he's in the top 10 brazilian players though), but Kaka is one of the greatest and will always have a soft spot.

There's a joke about a politically incorrect salute in there somewhere.

dc89

Just back from football.

One of the worst pains is when you have a deep cut and all those little plastic rubber pieces get stuck in it. Getting them out really hurts.

NO!!! OWWWWW!

Vita sold less than 50,000 units in America last month.

Its dead.

Could've told you it wouldn't last long from 6 months before it released, with complete and utter confidence. Still baffled as to why a company as previously wise as Sony thinks a handheld like the Vita is viable in 2012. Mass handheld markets have all but evaporated away from dedicated machines that play console imitations.

A more realistic view of handheld gaming is me flicking balls into a net on the train.

Yep no idea why anybody thought Vita would do well. Doomed to fail.

Was it ever alive?

I have one. Don't do this to me.

---

:O Sweet! Messi is back!

elsk

Banned
I don't get portable consoles anymore. I want a gameboy with xbla/psn kind of games, why would I want to play a shittier version of FIFA/call of duty/etc on PS Vita?

And Dual Screen BS sucks. Bring the Gameboy back! Hell, I would even buy GBA-kind of hardware if they start releasing new games.

ElyrionX

I started playing football in real life again a couple of months ago. I must say, I've completely forgotten what a joy it is to actually play the beautiful game. I play futsal, 5 or 6 a side on an artificial pitch in a "cage" with nets forming the enclosure all around.

I'm a pretty decent defender but my basics of dribbling and passing are terrible. So I went to pick up a new ball and am currently hitting it against the wall on my front porch to improve. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom