• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

GeN6Q.jpg

M8oEw.jpg

Nf7Fi.jpg

3VW3k.jpg

=3

That rubbish French defender we have (no, not Koscienly, Kyofou :lol) is going to Olympicaos?

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

Now to get rid of that silly Swiss defender and send Jenkinson to hell and Bartley to a PL club on loan and we should be okay to bring in a GOOD CB.

Salvadora

That rubbish French defender we have (no, not Koscienly, Kyofou :lol) is going to Olympicaos?

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

Now to get rid of that silly Swiss defender and send Jenkinson to hell and Bartley to a PL club on loan and we should be okay to bring in a GOOD CB.

Didn't think we could get rid of him to be honest.

GorillaJu

IMO Fletcher for 15 and Jarvis for 12 are very reasonable demands. Fletcher has a pretty ridiculous conversion rate and Jarvis is reliable and very skilled.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Impeccable timing! The Coppa Italia is tomorrow :p

Zabojnik said:
All I can say for now is that with Giulia Bongiorno (lawyer) on board and the sheer ridiculousness of the sentence's motivation, Conte could very well be cleared after three (I think) levels of appeal. Or at the very least see the sentence greatly reduced.

Yup, pretty much.

She's going to laugh her ass off when she realizes the whole case was one man's word against 23+. And they took the convicted criminal's side. :p

FootyGAF, google Giulia Bongiorno please
eoCkK.gif

Porcupine Tree are a prog rock band, so it's really more about albums. In Absentia is absolutely amazing, as are Deadwing and Fear Of A Blank Planet. Start there, in that order. Steven Wilson is a fucking genius. As for specific songs ...

Trains, a fan's favourite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQDxLsfrjw

Lips of Ashes, one of my favourites. Get your headphones on, close your eyes, relax and embark on a journey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buEMIlkQoEY

Btw, what do you mean you liked Wearing The Inside Out? You mean you don't have every Pink Floyd record in your music collection already? Specifically, The Division Bell album? Please tell me it ain't so.
Thanks! Yeah, I don't know how that happened
eoCkK.gif
I'm aware of how good they are but for some reason never bothered to check out all their albums.

confuziz

Banned
First press conference for v. Gaal as coach of the dutch team has just ended.

Nothing really interesting..except for 1 thing.

He said v. Persie is going to play 45 mins this sunday. Does this mean he's going to stay?

dc89

"RT @DTGuardian Roberto Mancini press conf. Says 'not happy'. Doesn't want to talk about transfer issues. 'Talk with Marwood, please.' #mcfc"

Oh dear.

Nyx

First press conference for v. Gaal as coach of the dutch team has just ended.

Nothing really interesting..except for 1 thing.

He must be one of the most boring speakers ever.

I thought the fact Bruno Martins Indi was selected pretty interesting though.

"RT @DTGuardian Roberto Mancini press conf. Says 'not happy'. Doesn't want to talk about transfer issues. 'Talk with Marwood, please.' #mcfc"

Oh dear.
You were so sure he'd ensured more power when he renewed aswell.

I would have been too tbh, seems crazy for him to not have more of a say.

Wonder what happens now. Marwood's instructions must be coming from above right? Tbh I don't even know why City are bothering to be prudent

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Oh dear.

Delicious. Who would have thought that a week before the season starts, City would be the only top 4 side who hadn't signed a senior player?

GorillaJu

Oh dear.

It's not as if there is much City can do. There aren't many good deals to be had this year. Roma doesnt want to lose De Rossi and Liverpool doesn't want to lose Agger

Fret not you'll surely land Sinclair and truth be told your team really doesnt need much improvement.

Yen

Delicious. Who would have thought that a week before the season starts, City would be the only top 4 side who hadn't signed a senior player?

I was going to correct you and say "top 8 club" but then I remembered about Newcastle.
Curtis Goode doesn't count!

dc89

You were so sure he'd ensured more power when he renewed aswell.

I would have been too tbh, seems crazy for him to not have more of a say.

Wonder what happens now. Marwood's instructions must be coming from above right? Tbh I don't even know why City are bothering to be prudent

I was so sure because it would have made common sense!

Man I'm frustrated. We've got a job on keeping this title now.

Have they even sold one?

It's not as if there is much City can do. There aren't many good deals to be had this year. Roma doesnt want to lose De Rossi and Liverpool doesn't want to lose Agger

Fret not you'll surely land Sinclair and truth be told your team really doesnt need much improvement.
They could do with some depth though yknow. I'm mean the team is great but a couple of key injuries would hurt. Esp at CB and DM.

dc89

If we cut out the stupid defeats (JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII) we can retain it. But I'm making no bones about it, Chelsea will want to challenge and they will.

And United, as ever they want to win. Even more now.

GorillaJu

I was so sure because it would have made common sense!

Man I'm frustrated. We've got a job on keeping this title now.

Lol your XI reads like a "PL Top 10 players" list and you've got a decent bench to match. The challenge will be going places in the CL. RVP would help you there

Yen

From the little I saw of last nights match, it was good to see Gerrard high up the pitch attacking and not sat right in front of the centre backs. Let's keep it this way, B-Rod.

GorillaJu

Have they even sold one?

They could do with some depth though yknow. I'm mean the team is great but a couple of key injuries would hurt. Esp at CB and DM.

Yeah the bench is where they'd be looking to strengthen, especially CB. I also think they could use a new top class RB and CM, not necessarily a DM, but someone in the Charlie Adam mould (like Alonso or Sahin) would be a big improvement over Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom