• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand by it though, Paris was boring as fuck when I went, and the North West has some lovely cities, and picturesque places to live.

Az78XLqCEAA88Su.jpg

Smh Arnie.

North west is nice for sure.

Paris was incredible when I went.

Arnie

You don't like cheese.

Or mushrooms.

Back at my Uni house. Walking round to the big 3G pitches with the nike premier league ball from last season, bought fresh. Just me and a mate knocking it around with full size nets. In my Lucas shirt, of course.

Smh Arnie.

North west is nice for sure.

Paris was incredible when I went.
If and when I have to move away from the North West for work related purposes I'll be truly sad.

Bumhead

Banned
Stand by it though, Paris was boring as fuck when I went, and the North West has some lovely cities, and picturesque places to live.

I don't think people realise that playing for a team in Manchester or Liverpool doesn't necessarily mean you have to live in the centre of those City's. Cheshire has some wonderful areas. If you play for Man U you can even live on the superior side of the Pennines and commute.

Slizz

Used to not like mushrooms for the longest time but now I love them. A nice thick slice of portobello on a burger, grilled onions and cheese mmmmm mmmmm even throw some bacon on if you want.

Scott Wootton and Robie Brady initiation into Man Utd team, as recorded by Berba

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=186671071466438
OMG THEY WERE CHANTING FOR SHINJI AT THE END WHERE IS IT I MUST SEE IT

Edit - I also want to see Bebe's lol.

Used to not like mushrooms for the longest time but now I love them. A nice thick slice of portobello on a burger, grilled onions and cheese mmmmm mmmmm even throw some bacon on if you want.
Up top!

I'll pass on the bacon though...I'm Islamic.

Arnie

I don't think people realise that playing for a team in Manchester or Liverpool doesn't necessarily mean you have to live in the centre of those City's. Cheshire has some wonderful areas. If you play for Man U you can even live on the superior side of the Pennines and commute.
Exactly, Cheshire, the Wirral, Fornby. Beautiful places to live. Passed through the pennines today on the way down to Sheffield, always a pleasure when the sun's shining. Fuck me Sheffield's muggy though, I'm sweating head to toe after walking home from the train station.

Big crowd of people getting their photo taken by Ennis's postbox; bit sad that if you ask me.
This. I'm actually suspicious of people who don't like cheese. The fuck?

I'm equally suspicious of people who like mushrooms. You're eating fungus.

But fungus also grows on cheese.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW

Bumhead

Banned
Fuck me Sheffield's muggy though, I'm sweating head to toe after walking home from the train station.

Tell me about it. I feel like an old mans ball bag.

Regarding cheese fungus.. touche. But you never actually eat cheese with fungus on it, right? Good bit of old cheese and fungi sandwich on a sweaty day like this, mmm.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not really surprised that you'd know this.

True story, my friend did actually try and finger his cat once. Put it on his back and starting jabbing his finger towards its mini, but it scratched him and ran away.

His explanation was 'I wanted to see if my finger fitted'. Haven't seen him for about 4 months. Maybe he's dead.

LegoArmo

True story, my friend did actually try and finger his cat once. Put it on his back and starting jabbing his finger towards its mini, but it scratched him and ran away.

His explanation was 'I wanted to see if my finger fitted'. Haven't seen him for about 4 months. Maybe he's dead.

Maybe he tried it on a tiger.

Hopefully. He seemed pretty good for France in the Euros. Our midfield line-up isn't looking half bad now between Nolan, Noble, Collison, Taylor, Diarra & Diame, just need some bolstering in defence and we should be set.

Defence was/is where we should have done the bulk of our spending. I still think we need to spend between 10-15 million on it. Tomkins-Collins-McCartney-Reid-O'Brien is far from good enough. At the very least, we need to sign one talismanic defender.

image.php

LegoArmo

sarf london innit

See they've found the body of that Tia Sharp girl (well a body, would assume it's hers)... fucking hell.

That's really sad. I hope it wasn't someone in the family, I don't know why, it's terrible either way, I just don't know...

Edit: Oh, at her grandmother's house. :(

Wilbur

Banned
That's really sad. I hope it wasn't someone in the family, I don't know why, it's terrible either way, I just don't know...

I'd be very surprised if it isn't the step-grandfather/ex step-father guy. He's dodgy as fuck, made a run for it as well.

Just flicked on the news and saw it, awful news :/

Clegg

The Portuguese paper that was reporting Witsel to Madrid is now saying that United have put in a bid for him.

Madrid still want Modric but won't pay the asking price. They're also refusing to meet the buy out clause for Witsel.

Paper is saying United have bid £27m.

Wilbur

Banned
The Portuguese paper that was reporting Witsel to Madrid is now saying that United have put in a bid for him.

Madrid still want Modric but won't pay the asking price. They're also refusing to meet the buy out clause for Witsel.

Paper is saying United have bid £27m.

If we got either I'd be ecstatic.

Slizz

People with strict preferences for food are missing out. Unless its your religion you should try EVERYTHING. I used to eat like only 1 of 5 specific items every time going out, now I love trying anything new.

So many good flavor combinations. Couple weeks ago I had swordfish with some mushrooms, carrots, some other seasonings and purple mustard. Never fucking heard of purple mustard, don't really like regular mustard but gave it a shot mixed with all the other flavors of the dish. Lemme tell you something, purple mustard is awesome.

Defence was/is where we should have done the bulk of our spending. I still think we need to spend between 10-15 million on it. Tomkins-Collins-McCartney-Reid-O'Brien is far from good enough. At the very least, we need to sign one talismanic defender.

Definitely, we'd be crazy to rely entirely on Tomkins, Reid & Collins at the centre, while the prospect of a season with either McCartney or Potts on the left and O'Brien or Demel on the right doesn't do much to inspire confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom