• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Normally I don't like putting a bunch of different posters into one group, but I think I can safely declare that football GAF has terrible taste in food - I mean, cheese & mushroom haters!?!? Not to mention the various posters that seem to consider fast food & takeaways as fine cuisine. Though to be fair I suppose that is not much different from GAF as a whole really.

Kyoufu

Normally I don't like putting a bunch of different posters into one group, but I think I can safely declare that football GAF has terrible taste in food - I mean, cheese & mushroom haters!?!? Not to mention the various posters that seem to consider fast food & takeaways as fine cuisine. Though to be fair I suppose that is not much different from GAF as a whole really.

Only Arnie hates cheese.

As for Mushrooms, why is that so hard to believe? It has barely any taste and it's slimy.

That's like saying we have bad taste in food because we don't fancy Olives.

Garjon

The only thing that beggars belief in my opinion is when people consider Nando's to be a top quality restaurant. It always makes me laugh when I see the ridiculously long queue outside the Liverpool One branch.

Timurid

Who said fast food is fine cuisine?!?!?!?!?

Wilbur

Banned
The only thing that beggars belief in my opinion is when people consider Nando's to be a top quality restaurant. It always makes me laugh when I see the ridiculously long queue outside the Liverpool One branch.

Nandos is bland as fuck. Wetherspoons do a grilled chicken burger that is ten times the quality of any chicken at Nandos.

Although their halloumi and their red pepper dip are glorious

kharma45

Word.

It's overrated by so many too, it's alright for what it is (cheap, decent chicken) but it's not where I'd choose to go if I can help it.

Kyoufu

Fast food is fine cuisine when you're watching football.

Just look at this beauty.

IMG_7820.jpg

sohois

Only Arnie hates cheese.

As for Mushrooms, why is that so hard to believe? It has barely any taste and it's slimy.

That's like saying we have bad taste in food because we don't fancy Olives.

You can't brand every mushroom with 'barely any taste and slimy', that would be like me saying 'Meat has barely any taste and it's slimy'. There's a huge variety and range of styles to consider with mushrooms.

Agree with this, though I will say that i do like Nando's myself. Overpriced for what is basically just Chicken and chips though.

Bumhead

Banned

Yeah I don't get this. A bunch of our players seem to have a thing for Nando's and I don't get it.

Zabojnik

We're one striker away from having one of our best transfer markets ever! But I don't get it, we had no problem overpaying for midfielders and defenders, but when it comes to strikers, he's penny pinching.

I keep telling myself that he had one hand on the purse strings until Bonucci/Pepe were acquitted, and now that he doesn't have to worry about bringing in, e.g., Bocchetti he can up any offers he has out there.

We have to be careful with spending, that's all there is to it. If Marry could throw another 10M€ at Arsenal and RVP, he would do it. And while it's true we spent 30M€+ on Isla Bonita and Awesomoah, it was simply too good an opportunity to pass. As for the striker ... let's see if Beppe can pull a last minute miracle.

For the record, I don't really think that Pazzini is a bad striker and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a Pazzini - Quaglia exchange.

WJD

Nando's is delicious but yeah, overpriced.

My favourite ever meal is probably medium rare fillet steak, peppercorn sauce, green beans and chunky homemade chips. Delicious.

Meier

I went twice when I was in London for a week and have thought about it weekly since. At least. The chicken is GODLY and that sauce!! Great mashed potatoes and corn on the cob too. I know it's South African, but the food is very in line with American tastes.. no clue why they haven't expanded here. I'd go every week. Probably two or three times.

I'd get a free whole chicken in no time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom