• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-players commentating on derbies involving their old side.

Worse than Pleat, that.

Its just horrid. The Olympics have shown how to present and commentate on sport. Its fantastic, has energy has passion and some real nice insight.

Also FourFourTwo are having a laugh; last month they showed us how Ashley Young beats defenders, this month they're showing us how to 'terrorise defenders like Fernando Torres'..

Very interesting that Gill has said "Glazers are locked in for at least 180 days".

Would have expected him to say "they're here for a long time", actually very surprised he didn't say that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bonucci and Pepe are like new signings!
UGMvc.png

I don't think Pazzini will be our #1 by any stretch, but he'll be brought in to compete directly with Matri which is something Quagliarella cannot do anymore. And, look, yeah he isn't an amazing striker but alongside a creative player like Giovinco he'll flourish like he did at Samp where he was the focus of the attack with Cassano. He played at Inter for long stretches of the time without anyone creative next to him. He really rose and fall with Sneijder, whose fate was also linked closely with whatever coach they had.

His goals for Sampdoria show that he's capable of finishing.

He's good enough for Coppa, sub appearances, and some starts. He'll probably get 25 games total and will bag ~8 goals across competitions. That's perfectly acceptable as we need reliability coming off the bench and in our rotation.

Again, he is an improvement on Quagliarella who he will almost certainly be replacing.

Pazzini was fantastic, no doubt about that. But what if we get another Quagliarella? His form was even worse than Quag last season, and he had no excuse!

Question - "Are you benefiting from some of the exec committee shares?"

Gill - "I don't know".

The chief executive doesn't know.

And people believe anything that comes out of his mouth? :lol

Carbonox

Oh wow Adam Campbell is going to Cardiff with the first team tomorrow for our game against Cardiff. I wonder if he actually gets to play at all. He's still 17 though but the kid has insane potential and was recently watched by Man United and City.

Kyoufu

Oh wow Adam Campbell is going to Cardiff with the first team tomorrow for our game against Cardiff. I wonder if he actually gets to play at all. He's still 17 though but the kid has insane potential and was recently watched by Man United and City.

They won't call him up for no reason.

He'll probably play in place of Shola who got a knock last game.

Bonucci and Pepe are like new signings!
UGMvc.png

Pazzini was fantastic, no doubt about that. But what if we get another Quagliarella? His form was even worse than Quag last season, and he had no excuse!

Pazini had 3 goals and 1 assist from 3 appearances in Champions League under Gasperini and then his form tapers off when Ranieri comes in.

I still think Pazzini is an upgrade but maybe I'm already drunk on the Kool-aid....

Fry

Balotelli's 'Hulk' celebration. Should it be... in the game? #FIFA13 Retweet if you want it!

Over 3000 retweets already... this FIFA has everything to be the best one. Seems like it'll be the most complete one yet, too.

edit:

Is the Balotelli celebration in #FIFA13 (can't take the shirt off though...) Here's a clue:

imAh57o8Y7tI5.jpg

Balotelli's 'Hulk' celebration. Should it be... in the game? #FIFA13 Retweet if you want it!

Over 3000 retweets already... this FIFA has everything to be the best one. Seems like it'll be the most complete one yet, too.

Hate companies doing this "retweet/like this if you want". I don't want to advertise for you, do it yourselves fuck faces.

edit:

Is the Balotelli celebration in #FIFA13 (can't take the shirt off though...) Here's a clue:

imAh57o8Y7tI5.jpg

It'll still be shite though

Meier

Apparently Roque Santa Cruz may be on his way out to Werder Bremen.. thank goodness. If Nigel de Jong is indeed sold to Inter, we better have a DM lined up.. we're too thin there as is frankly.

Kyoufu

Anyone getting Sleeping Dogs? Looks like it could be another cinematic yet shallow game, but I haven't seen much of it so I could be wrong.

Wilbur

Banned
You're a PES kind of guy?

I thought only MPW was still torturing himself. :p

PES is shit, FIFA is boring. It doesn't feel real, it's no fun, it's just a glossy artificial creation of football.

Old PES used to be the most fun thing ever. I really hope one of them are good this year.

Arnie

Yes.

And no. RVP is the last remaining target.

Also, yet more evidence that the NW is a shit place to have a football club. City need to start spending money on sprucing the place up.
Blasphemy Viva.

Bye Bellers, class player and I'm sad we lost him. Fully admit to being unfairly pessimistic when we signed him. His performance against City at Anfield was unreal, and worth him coming back alone.

Tc91

Hard to feel too bad for Adam Johnson when he's driving something like this.

That's his McLaren right? Saw 1 of them in the car park at the Silverstone Ferrari show last month. Just parked up like it was nothing pretty crazy.

Anyone getting Sleeping Dogs? Looks like it could be another cinematic yet shallow game, but I haven't seen much of it so I could be wrong.

Someone is streaming it on twitch.tv with Square Enix permission, not sure what I think of it.

Arnie

Stand by it though, Paris was boring as fuck when I went, and the North West has some lovely cities, and picturesque places to live.

Az78XLqCEAA88Su.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom