• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Juve fans, do you think we will sign a striker? If so, whom?

Llorente seems doable, both in terms of transfer money and salary, if he agrees to get a haircut at Borriello's beauty salon as soon as he lands in Torino.

So it's probably gonna be Pazzini.

Heck, would anyone really choose Manchester over Paris in terms of places to live?

Is this really that big of a fucking deal for players? Fine, it's not Paris, it's still a big city and you've got tons of money.

dc89

scaled.php

I feel sick.

Glazers ringing the bell.

Absolute insult

Zabojnik

There is literally no point in buying Pazzini. He had his chance, and he's not even an upgrade over Matri judging by his form post-Sampdoria.

Or prior to Sampdoria, really. They couldn't wait to get rid of him in Firenze.

I'm pretty sure fadetoblack has somehow managed to brainwash Marotta.

dc89

"Barry and Micah out of the Community Shield game, Kompany a major doubt. Silva and Mario unlikely to start due to their late returns. #mcfc"

Damn. Hopefully we can still win! I want us to win this time!

Cuddler

Happy for Bonucci, Pepe and Di Vaio too!
Bologna is my second team

Juve fans, do you think we will sign a striker? If so, whom?
Difficult to say right now, Llorente or Pazzini maybe.
There is literally no point in buying Pazzini. He had his chance, and he's not even an upgrade over Matri judging by his form post-Sampdoria.
Not really IMO, he played 17 matches with 11 goals in 6 months when he was playing with a good Inter, last year was terrible for every Inter player. IMO he's a little better than Matri but not by much.

Llorente and Pazzini. We keep Matri. Sorry Lucifer.

Edit: Pazzini isn't an upgrade on Matri, Shake. But the point is that he's an upgrade on Quagliarella who has been pretty awful post injury.
No problem. 16m was a bit too much for us.
We'll get Borriello and pay him 4m per year, right? :(

Not really IMO, he played 17 matches with 11 goals in 6 months when he was playing with a good Inter, last year was terrible for every Inter player. IMO he's a little better than Matri but not by much.
What I meant is he talked often about being a Juventino, had his chance to join Juventus, and yet eventually ended up at their most hated rivals. He's tainted for me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pazzini-penalty-miss-vs-Udinese.jpg

Pazzini's downfall was one of the highlights of last season. I don't want his misery to ever end.
I don't really blame Marotta; we simply can't afford to pay what's needed in football's current oil-igarchy. I would have liked Dzeko (which would have been a possibility if RVP went to City) or an outside shot at Damiao. I don't think Fiorentina are being fair about Jovetic, but I wouldn't expect them to be. And I have my doubts Llorente is what we need.

Marotta brought us Giovinco, Asamoah, Isla, Leali, Pogba, and Masi, and has made some sales, so I'm pretty pleased with this mercato, striker aside. Verratti and Destro would have been nice, I guess, but it wasn't to be.

We're one striker away from having one of our best transfer markets ever! But I don't get it, we had no problem overpaying for midfielders and defenders, but when it comes to strikers, he's penny pinching.

I rate Dzeko higher than Llorente as well. And with Milan out of the way, we're his only destination in Italy. Mancini still thinks he's one striker short of winning the title though. ://

But I don't get it, we had no problem overpaying for midfielders and defenders, but when it comes to strikers, he's penny pinching.
I keep telling myself that he had one hand on the purse strings until Bonucci/Pepe were acquitted, and now that he doesn't have to worry about bringing in, e.g., Bocchetti he can up any offers he has out there.

Clegg

Doesn't the fact that millions of shares have been traded already but the price hasn't spiked suggest that the underwriters are buying the majority of them?

Doesn't sound too good imo.

Doesn't the fact that millions of shares have been traded already but the price hasn't spiked suggest that the underwriters are buying the majority of them?

Doesn't sound too good imo.
Yep over half the shares are traded now and the price is dead steady. Pretty weird...

Cuddler

What do you guys think of Giuseppe Rossi? I still think that we should buy him for the cheap now and waiting for him to return after the injury.
What I meant is he talked often about being a Juventino, had his chance to join Juventus, and yet eventually ended up at their most hated rivals. He's tainted for me.
Oh, sorry, you are right about that, what a terrible choice it was for him.
Pazzini's downfall was one of the highlights of last season. I don't want his misery to ever end.
But but but what about Lucio?
lolololol

I don't think Pazzini will be our #1 by any stretch, but he'll be brought in to compete directly with Matri which is something Quagliarella cannot do anymore. And, look, yeah he isn't an amazing striker but alongside a creative player like Giovinco he'll flourish like he did at Samp where he was the focus of the attack with Cassano. He played at Inter for long stretches of the time without anyone creative next to him. He really rose and fall with Sneijder, whose fate was also linked closely with whatever coach they had.

His goals for Sampdoria show that he's capable of finishing.

He's good enough for Coppa, sub appearances, and some starts. He'll probably get 25 games total and will bag ~8 goals across competitions. That's perfectly acceptable as we need reliability coming off the bench and in our rotation.

Again, he is an improvement on Quagliarella who he will almost certainly be replacing.

kharma45

David Gill: “Sir Alex was clear on Van Persie interest. We would not make up a story. We are aiming to bring a few players in soon.”

Sounds promising for some activity.

Clegg

"Alex Ferguson clear on RVP interest. We would not make up a story for the IPO. Aiming to bring a few players in soon" - David Gill on CNBC
Edit: Beaten

Get it done, Gill!!

Wait, did he say few?

As in plural? Gimme dem new players.

My biggest pet hate about football, certainly the past 10 years, has been the increasing trend for 'affiliated' pundits and biased media outlets. If you're going to do that you better make sure you have 1 gobshite from each team to counter balance the other gobshite's terrible opinion and worn out clichés about teams they don't have a clue about.

Salazar

My biggest pet hate about football, certainly the past 10 years, has been the increasing trend for 'affiliated' pundits and biased media outlets. If you're going to do that you better make sure you have 1 gobshite from each team to counter balance the other gobshite's terrible opinion and worn out clichés about teams they don't have a clue about.

Ex-players commentating on derbies involving their old side.

Worse than Pleat, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom