• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

On the topic of food, <3 Wagamama.

Paella is probably my favourite food.

At the wedding yesterday they had pretty much all you could eat deep fried king prawns. Heaven.

Paella is fucking wonderful, if when I'm abroad and it's ever anywhere Spanish there's nothing quite else like it, especially when the fish in it is caught that day.

Labadal

I don't like anything from the sea, chicken, mushrooms, cucumber, cheese, and many other things.

I love meat. One day without meat feels like hell.

Arnie

On the topic of food, <3 Wagamama.

I've been a couple of times, and whilst I really like it, I've only bought the rice and curry sauce dish. I love it, but it's essentially what I can get from the chippy for a couple of quid. Not really worth the money to me, and a lot of the menu puts me off. Would rather go to Nandos or something.

kharma45

I've been a couple of times, and whilst I really like it, I've only bought the rice and curry sauce dish. I love it, but it's essentially what I can get from the chippy for a couple of quid. Not really worth the money to me, and a lot of the menu puts me off. Would rather go to Nandos or something.

Yeah the menu can be quite... daunting, I'm still scared to try stuff but I'm always glad when I do. The Katsu curry though is hard to beat, and Asahi bear is lovely.

Oh, and they do a gorgeous starting of ebi katsu, whatever that sauce is you get with the prawns is superb.

Slizz

You guys eat Dolphin?

SamDolphin.jpg

The most common fresh fish at most restaurants down here. Good grilled or blackened or any other way. Pretty versatile fish flavor wise.

EDIT: Also called 'Mahi Mahi'

Arnie

Slizz

If he starts the season anything like he ended it you'll be flying.

Don't even think we have that over here.

Yea pretty positive you don't have it either. If I could compare it to a fish you'd have had I'd compare it to tuna with less fish odor and smell, which is why its so popular. Tad bit flakier than seabass.

If he starts the season anything like he ended it you'll be flying.

Hopefully! It'll be one hell of a feat to replicate this season what he did last season but he's clearly a natural goalscorer so I'm not worried. If we can get Ba firing again alongside him then we'll be flying.

Soi-Fong

City have posted the Mancini press conference online.

http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2012/August/Chelsea-v-City-Mancini-preview-1

The transfer talk starts at 1.00 roughly, and damn he looks pissed. "Talk with Marwood please."

Lol At Mancini. I want to feel sorry for him, but with the size of your squad and how much has been spent along with the outrageous salaries your players get, he has no right to be angry whatsoever. He should have known that he can't spend carelessly every transfer window.

Arnie

He annoys me because instead of trying to coach Savic, a player he bought just last year, he'd rather go out and spunk £30 million on Agger. Lazy management. Imagine if Kenny went out and bought Joe Allen, not Rodgers, he'd be getting stick for it, and Mancini rightly should too.

Labadal

On Liverpool's performance yesterday: We played an inferior team but I was happy to see that we actually wanted to play some nice football. Most of the players in that starting XI seemed fairly comfortable with the way we played. The only starter I have any doubts about is Downing. We need someone else in my opnion. He did okay, but that won't do when we play better teams. Carroll is a player I have defended, and I'll always support him, even if he leaves. But, I can see why Brendan can do without him. Yesterday, the players were moving quite freely in attack, and if Carroll can't do that, then he'll probably be sold. I think from the way Rodgers have been speaking in pressers, Carroll will move on. (i want him to stay.) Not playing him makes it even more obvious to me. On the other hand, if we sell Carroll, we should also look to offload Jay Spearing and Stuart Downing. I don't think they have what it takes to play in this team. Henderson and Adam can be used as squad players, playing the games where we can afford to rest Gerrard and Lucas. if Carroll leaves, that would also mean that we need to sign a new striker. We do have Borini and Suarez, but we'd need one more option. Question is if we can lure a quality player to join us. Maybe Dempsey (if he comes) will play in the central role. We'll see, I guess. The defence is decent. The only one I don't like is Jose Enrique, I get pissed off everytime I see him. It's mostly the back ups that worry me. An injury here or there and we're ****ed.

We might not get a Champion's League spot, but I can live with that if we actually start playing entertaining football this year, but ofcourse we need to be more effective than we were last season.

Wilbur

Banned
He annoys me because instead of trying to coach Savic, a player he bought just last year, he'd rather go out and spunk £30 million on Agger. Lazy management. Imagine if Kenny went out and bought Joe Allen, not Rodgers, he'd be getting stick for it, and Mancini rightly should too.

He's a good manager in my eyes. He's ballsed up with Balotelli at times, Tevez a fucking load, is too eager to take advantage of the finances, and fucked up last year but we fucked up even more. A good manager who has done well getting City's egos to play together, but I don't think he's the type of manager that will go down in history as a great.

Clegg

Mancini is a good manager.

But hes not in the elite category of managers like SAF or Wenger.

I'd shit it if someone like Ancelotti took over at City.

Tc91

Cheers.

About to start a network game of FM12 with a friend. I'm Napoli, he's Udinese. Going straight for Veratti, Lucas, and Aquilani (mate has freed him up and lowered his wages in the editor). Retooled midfield three.

Network FM games are the best but my mate wont play anymore cause I tan him every season. Cavani is such a beast.

Wilbur

Banned
Mancini is a good manager.

But hes not in the elite category of managers like SAF or Wenger.

I'd shit it if someone like Ancelotti took over at City.

I don't think Ancelotti is a great manager but he's much better than Mancini. He should have done much better in the league with Milan. A very good manager though, a very very good one. But not great like SAF, Wenger, Mourinho.

Guardiola was a great manager for Barca but it would be nice to see if he can do it somewhere else. Benitez has all the makings of a great manager but needs to get back in the game.

Clegg

I don't think Ancelotti is a great manager but he's much better than Mancini. He should have done much better in the league with Milan. A very good manager though, a very very good one. But not great like SAF, Wenger, Mourinho.

Guardiola was a great manager for Barca but it would be nice to see if he can do it somewhere else. Benitez has all the makings of a great manager but needs to get back in the game.

Ancelotti won the double with a Chelsea team that imo was on the wane. Hes a very, very good manager. The best managers in the world imo are SAF, Wenger, Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti, Capello. Any one of these managers would kick City on to a higher level.

Meier

Savic is clearly a few years away at best in terms of being a major player for City. Mancini wants an established guy to battle Lescott and help with a CL run.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Steve Clarke pulling off connections.

Can think of better places he could have gone. Odemwingie and Long are both better than him.

I would take either one if they were available. Long could be as good as Robbie Keane was.

Wilbur

Banned
Ancelotti won the double with a Chelsea team that imo was on the wane. Hes a very, very good manager. The best managers in the world imo are SAF, Wenger, Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti, Capello. Any one of these managers would kick City on to a higher level.

To be fair, his Chelsea were fantastic.

I love Ancelotti, I really do. I couldn't hate Chelsea when he was there, I felt sorry when we were knocking him out of the CL.

To be fair you've probably listed the best ones. Benitez like I say, is a tactical mastermind, he's done brilliant in the past with Liverpool and Valencia, but he needs to get back in the game and prove Inter was a one off.

Conte could also be something special if he keeps it up.

Wilbur

Banned
Savic is clearly a few years away at best I'm terms of being a major player for City. Mancini wants an established guy to battle Lescott and help with a CL run.

Savic won't be a major player, I'm sure of it. He's promising enough, but I don't think he's anywhere near potentially great.

I would take either one if they were available. Long could be as good as Robbie Keane was.

Yeah Long is class, natural goalscorer

Scrubs!!! FM is all about managing lower league clubs and rising them to the top.

That is true. But with network games it's more fun to start with a subtop of top team as you will probably never play more than a few seasons anyway.

I think hes done as good a job as possible when you consider that Arsenal have been selling their best players for the last 5 years.

Maybe if he would stop being a stubborn old man they would even have won a trophy or two. He's hardly the elite of managers around with the way he has run Arsenal the last many years.

Wilbur

Banned
I think hes done as good a job as possible when you consider that Arsenal have been selling their best players for the last 5 years.

Wenger's fantastic. For what he did in 1998, for what he did in 2002, for what he did with the Invincibles, for how he gets them into the CL year after year, for how he revolutionised the club.

Mancini is not a good manager. His entire reputation is built on doing tolerably well with Inter at a time when their competition was hamstrung. He's had good fortune and sugardaddy riches covering his inadequacies for more than half a decade.

Tc91

That is true. But with network games it's more fun to start with a subtop of top team as you will probably never play more than a few seasons anyway.

Furthest we got was 3 of us, me City (I know I know..) and Chelsea + United. We played 3 and a half seasons and I just went MENTAL with transfers.

Ronaldo, Cavani, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez were my front 4 so both of my friends quit. GG.

Wes

venison crêpe

When GAF last tried it I think we got to the second set of preseason games then it died.

Kyoufu

Mancini still won the PL so I can't really say he's a bad manager. He may not be Mourinho but that doesn't make him a bad manager.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a fact that Mancini is tactically challenged.

Moving Yaya up into more attacking positions was a masterstroke, but he's pretty inept in other departments.

To be fair Fergie's hardly a tactical mastermind, our play revolves around wingers and full backs a lot of the time. It's his determination, belief and man management that wins us titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom