• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moving Yaya up into more attacking positions was a masterstroke, but he's pretty inept in other departments.

To be fair Fergie's hardly a tactical mastermind, our play revolves around wingers and full backs a lot of the time. It's his determination, belief and man management that wins us titles.

Fergie is a Lippi, a great motivator. ;)
Mancini still won the PL so I can't really say he's a bad manager. He may not be Mourinho but that doesn't make him a bad manager.

He did. United fucked up.

Hell, he almost lost the title to a crippled United. It cuts both ways!

Timurid

I heard Diaby is impressing alot ppl at training camp. Hopefully, he doesn't get injured again this season. I'm looking forward to see him play against Koln.

Arnie

I wonder if we will do a Chelsea or Liverpool and just panic on the last day and spend mega monies on a big name?

If you want Agger on the last day of the season it'll be £40 million. The longer you leave it the worse it gets because we've got less time to replace.

Hixx

What's with all these clubs getting shitty new websites that have this stupid splash screen that takes ages to load? It's a bit like they tried to copy City's website design but it just looks ugly.

Salvadora

Been playing a bit of 3DS and fucking hell is it sore to hold & I don't even have huge man hands.
I heard Diaby is impressing alot ppl at training camp. Hopefully, he doesn't get injured again this season. I'm looking forward to see him play against Koln.

I would bet money on it.

Yen

Jennifer Chang ‏@JenChang88
Some player-related news to appear on the LFC website in the next 10-15 minutes

??

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Its been a while since of seen Diaby play but isn't he supposed to be a bit shite?

Years ago when he was fully fit he was amazing. Like Vieira. I don't think he'll ever reach those levels now, he's missed too much football and he is too angry.

G17

Maybe if he would stop being a stubborn old man they would even have won a trophy or two. He's hardly the elite of managers around with the way he has run Arsenal the last many years.

He was a huge part of our move to a new stadium and his youth policy was a natural response to the self-sustaining policy and the stadium we have to pay off. We were very close to winning the league in 2008 (we'll just remember the injuries) and his youth policy almost worked.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with how Arsenal is being run and frankly Usmanov can shove it.

Bumhead

Banned
What's with all these clubs getting shitty new websites that have this stupid splash screen that takes ages to load? It's a bit like they tried to copy City's website design but it just looks ugly.

Most clubs are part of the same network and have the same identikit (and shit) designs.

Its wank.

Honestly, at his best Diaby was as good as Yaya Toure. It didn't come around often, and I'm not sure it'll ever happen again, but he was capable of some freakishly good performances. Pace, strength, acceleration, close control, passing and shooting. He has (had?) it all technically. Injuries and inconsistency might have detroyed that though. We'll have to wait and see

Labadal

Been playing a bit of 3DS and fucking hell is it sore to hold & I don't even have huge man hands.

I would bet money on it.

I have huge manhands and I need to take a break every 45 minutes. I want a 3DS XL, but they're not exactly cheap here in sweden, not even with trade-ins.

dc89

It might cause hand cramps but this is a beauty:

Ice-White-3DS-Closed-300x300.jpg

However, I own the greatest handheld ever released.

14380210_b29a544e13.jpg

I just need a few more games.

Meier

Don't get your panties in too big of a bunch, United-GAF.. saw this on the MEN comments section and had a bit of a laugh:

Introducing the new singing duo from Old Trafford, Money and Shares, a.k.a Ferguson and Gill:-

F: They say that we are slightly bent, and our transfer money`s all been spent
G: I guess that`s true, we don`t have a lot, still we`ll kid our fans with what we`ve got
F: I got you Bebe
G: We`ve the media on our side, we`ll take people for a ride
F: And when we`re down, with our debt, thanks to Michel, there`s hope yet
TOGETHER; We got you Bebe, We got you Bebe
G: We can shine our silverware, and our history`s always there
F: And when we`re down, we`ll still grin as we take those poor fools in...
TOGETHER: We got you Bebe

Salvadora

Yeah I have the white as well.
I have huge manhands and I need to take a break every 45 minutes. I want a 3DS XL, but they're not exactly cheap here in sweden, not even with trade-ins.

Its honestly quite frustrating when playing a game like 3D Land were you need to make precise jumps.

elsk

Banned
However, I own the greatest handheld ever released.

14380210_b29a544e13.jpg

I just need a few more games.

I wish they would re-launch the gbmicro with new games and an apple kind of apple-store (but just for games). Where small studios could launch their low budget games.

That would be amazing.

Arnie

"Get your Allen 24 shirt now"

Guess that's settled. Brilliant signing, can't wait for the naysayers to be proved wrong. Would've been a boss signing for the likes of United, in my opinion.

Well, now we need we need a winger and i think we won't see any more signings.

I think we'll sell Carroll for £15 million to Newcastle. Buy Jack Butland as a back up to Reina. Swap Adam for Dempsey. And take Sahin on loan.

/optimism

Arnie

Very happy with the Allen signing. Both him and Lucas buzzing around with constant pressure and quick accurate passing could be a joy to behold.

Definitely. Controlling the midfield is their strong suit, which frees up the front four (including Gerrard) to attack relentlessly. The squad's really picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom