• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

supercoppa-italiana.jpg

Jabo

I wonder if I should watch the Gold Medal match now or wait till the end and watch Pato biting his gold medal hmmmmmmmmmm

Zabojnik

festa1.gif

First thophy of the season, guys! We're off to a great start!

I'd like to dedicate this victory to all the antijuventini and Timurid especially. Hold on to your livers, guys, you're gonna need them this season!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli is refusing to go to the ceremony LOL.

This is really the opposite of Coppa Italia. A red for punching back and a soft penalty, just fuck off Napoli.

I heard the match was a complete joke. Two red cards for Napoli, right?

Juve being Juve! haha

Did you miss 2011-2012?

sorry we're all xenophobic englishmen who don't give a shit about african teams

Likely. Just look at the battle for England national coach: Redknapp or Hodgson.

Two coaches that have won fuck all. Why? 'We need an English coach for the English team'.

Good luck with that. There is a price for xenophobia. You won Hodgson.

Hixx

Likely. Just look at the battle for England national coach: Redknapp or Hodgson.

Two coaches that have won fuck all. Why? 'We need an English coach for the English team'.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and just think you're a poor troll rather than being an actual idiot.

GorillaJu

Having a coach from your own country isn't xenophobic. The world cup should be the best teams from each country and foreign coaches shouldn't be allowed. It should be a test for your country's system, all things considered – it's not just about how you raise players it's how you raise your coaches too

Timurid

Hodgson did pretty good fuckin job with
England given the time he had to prepare for the euro.

sohois

Having a coach from your own country isn't xenophobic. The world cup should be the best teams from each country and foreign coaches shouldn't be allowed. It should be a test for your county's system – it's not just how you raise players it's how you raise your coaches too

But what if a coach spent most of his time learning his trade in another country, one that was not his home nation? Then surely that coach has been raised by that countries system.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and just think you're a poor troll rather than being an actual idiot.

Make up your minds, morons. Either I should stop or I should respond to people calling me an idiot.

Yes, yes, yes, it is xenophobic to insist on an English coach for your team when that is not a requirement. Especially when you have to choose from such a poor coaching pool. None of the English coaches have won anything. Redknapp has won nothing, Hodgson has won nothing.

What again were the reasons given for hiring English only? What did you end up with as a result? Hodgson? Hilarious!

qindarka

Banned
Make up your minds, morons. Either I should stop or I should respond to people calling me an idiot.

Yes, yes, yes, it is xenophobic to insist on an English coach for your team when that is not a requirement. Especially when you have to choose from such a poor coaching pool. None of the English coaches have won anything. Redknapp has won nothing, Hodgson has won nothing.

What again were the reasons given for hiring English only? What did you end up with as a result? Hodgson? Hilarious!

Redknapp has won an FA Cup. And it's hard to win trophies when you aren't managing an elite team.

Hodgson did pretty good fuckin job with
England given the time he had to prepare for the euro.

That is based on lowered expectations. Hodgson plays hoofball. He lets other teams have possession, there's no high line for the defense, and the only thing he hopes for is some lucky hoof or a free kick to put his side ahead. It's awful football and it will never improve England.

To hire a Hodgson is to settle for even worse than the status quo of England's pitiful record against teams that matter.

qindarka

Banned
That is based on lowered expectations. Hodgson plays hoofball. He lets other teams have possession, there's no high line for the defense, and the only thing he hopes for is some lucky hoof or a free kick to put his side ahead. It's awful football and it will never improve England.

To hire a Hodgson is to settle for even worse than the status quo of England's pitiful record against teams that matter.

Since when was having a high line a requirement?

GorillaJu

But what if a coach spent most of his time learning his trade in another country, one that was not his home nation? Then surely that coach has been raised by that countries system.

Most players learn their trade abroad as well, but there's a culture that gets ingrained in you when you grow up in a country, even if you leave at a young age.

Either way it'd be impossible to restrict in an ideal way, but the very least would be that coaches have the same rules as players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom