• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Hoping for México to win the freaking match.
Btw, what match are you talking about? Man U vs. Hannover start in like 3 hours no?

GQman2121

Banned
Kermit got on me tits but he had a bit more about him than deciding the English are xenophobic for wanting an English manager.

The abrasiveness is there though. However, Kerm mentioned on Twitter this week that he wouldn't comeback because United GAF would snitch him out.

Timurid

That is based on lowered expectations. Hodgson plays hoofball. He lets other teams have possession, there's no high line for the defense, and the only thing he hopes for is some lucky hoof or a free kick to put his side ahead. It's awful football and it will never improve England.

To hire a Hodgson is to settle for even worse than the status quo of England's pitiful record against teams that matter.
who gives a fuck how they play football. They won their group and got to the quarters where they could of beaten Italy in pens. For only 2 or 3 months of prep and managing of team with shit morale and being degraded by their media everyday. I think it's a pretty good job he did.

Hixx

The abrasiveness is there though. However, Kerm mentioned on Twitter this week that he wouldn't comeback because United GAF would snitch him out.

I don't think he'd need them to! You only get one chance as a junior member afaik, would he have it in him to go 200(?) posts without doing a nasty?

who gives a fuck how they play football. They won their group and got to the quarters where they could of beaten Italy in pens. For only 2 or 3 months of prep and managing of team with shit morale and being degraded by their media everyday. I think it's a pretty good job he did.

It's pisspoor football and the results do bear it out.

England hasn't beaten a team of note in fuck all. It won't be tactics and thanks to the tactics, it won't be skill if they do beat a good team. It will be sheer luck.

sohois

Most players learn their trade abroad as well, but there's a culture that gets ingrained in you when you grow up in a country, even if you leave at a young age.

Either way it'd be impossible to restrict in an ideal way, but the very least would be that coaches have the same rules as players.

I disagree, at least I do not believe that any culture ingrained into a youngster will have an effect on their football, if indeed it is possible for youngsters to get some kind of ingrained culture.

Also bear in mind that players can switch their national allegiance without too much difficulty, provided they have spent a few years in the country and haven't played for another nation, or through the heritage of their parents and grandparents.

GQman2121

Banned
It's pisspoor football and the results do bear it out.

England hasn't beaten a team of note in fuck all. It won't be tactics and thanks to the tactics, it won't be skill if they do beat a good team. It will be sheer luck.

Gold medal game on; the favorites are behind. No one gives a shit about England right now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fvd0Y.jpg

If you are in Italy, today at 9 pm you can watch Paris S.G. - Lorient on SportItalia1 if someone of you is interested.
I'll watch it for Verratti.

Likely. Just look at the battle for England national coach: Redknapp or Hodgson.

Two coaches that have won fuck all. Why? 'We need an English coach for the English team'.

Good luck with that. There is a price for xenophobia. You won Hodgson.

What the fuck is this?

Spain have a Spanish manager.
Brazil have a Brazilian manager.
Italy have an Italian manager.
France have a French manager.
Argentina have an Argentinian manager.

Are they all xenophobic too?

Linius

What the fuck is this?

Most countries with great football history have a local coach, The Netherlands does too. It's been a long while since we had a foreign coach. We used to have some Britsh coaches back in the old days.

Clegg

Make up your minds, morons. Either I should stop or I should respond to people calling me an idiot.

Yes, yes, yes, it is xenophobic to insist on an English coach for your team when that is not a requirement. Especially when you have to choose from such a poor coaching pool. None of the English coaches have won anything. Redknapp has won nothing, Hodgson has won nothing.

What again were the reasons given for hiring English only? What did you end up with as a result? Hodgson? Hilarious!
They went Italian with their previous coach and that ended up as a bit of a disaster.

I'm sure they would have considered a non-English coach if they were any decent ones available but Hodgdon was deemed the best available.

And stop acting as if hes a no mark manager. Hes had a very successful career. Hes a good manager.

Wes

venison crêpe
If anyone on their travels around the web spots a Werder v Villa stream anywhere in the next hour I'd gratefully receive it.

What the fuck is this?

They don't have such a poor selection of coaches like England do.

Hodgson or Redknapp. What a choice! Allowing the youngsters to be coached by Stuart Pearce is a crime against humanity.

I'm actually pretty happy with England's mediocrity as I despise the country. Love the league, but the league is only good thanks to foreign players.

Hixx

They don't have such a poor selection of coaches like England do.

Hodgson or Redknapp. What a choice! Allowing the youngsters to be coached by Stuart Pearce is a crime against humanity.

I'm actually pretty happy with England's mediocrity as I despise the country. Love the league, but the league is only good thanks to foreign players.

There's a fucking surprise. An Anglophobe accusing the English of being xenophobic. Ha!

They went Italian with their previous coach and that ended up as a bit of a disaster.

I'm sure they would have considered a non-English coach if they were any decent ones available but Hodgdon was deemed the best available.

And stop acting as if hes a no mark manager. Hes had a very successful career. Hes a good manager.

Hodgson is a shit manager. He's been managing for over two decades and has won nothing.

Clegg

Hodgson is a shit manager. He's been managing for over two decades and has won nothing.

Halmstads BK
Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979

Malmö FF
Allsvenskan (5): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

Inter Milan
UEFA Cup Runner-Up (1): 1997

Copenhagen
Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001

Fulham
UEFA Europa League Runner-Up (1): 2010