• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
FC Porto's Hulk (the bane of Benfica) scores Brazil's only goal this match.

If the CBF were smart, they would select him for WC 2014, but the CBF aren't smart so..

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
... He has been great so far. One big miss isn't going to change shit.

I'm only trolling, he's been consistently good this Olympics. It's just funny how he's got the number 11 for Chelsea yet fucked up such a simple chance.

GQman2121

Banned
so psg paid 50m for a kid that cannot even make it into this Brazil's starting 11?

He and Hulk should have probably started. Different side once they came on.

Congrats to Mexico. Deserved win. Their second goal typifies why this Brazilian side are going to have trouble in the future seeing tournaments out.

Clegg

I see Roy as filler basically. He will do until we can develop the next wave or an existing manager proves himself. I dont expect he will win us anything but as long as he stops us from becoming a joke again I'll be happy.

England won't win anything for at least another 20 years.

Mourinho could be manager and they still wouldn't win a big tournament.

Hodgson is as good a choice as any.

PSG should take something from this, at least: putting one of the best defenders in the world into a team of dolly boys doesn't mean you don't concede goals.

£50mil for Agger pls

I really like Mexico winning. It's still an Olympic squad, but their national team has been very good for years now. They deserve more respect and they'll get it.

Brazil is going to be a team that has massive pressure on it from here on. The pressure is always on, but it will be worse for them now.

Having the World Cup in their country, the pressure is even worse. So it should make for Uruguay winning the cup. I hope.

Zabojnik

Mirko Vucinic is a fucking football genius. Love the 'stache. That is all.

215795_461167553904593_1801798001_n.jpg

Clegg

Rafael has done little to change my opinion that his brother is the superior player.

Its madness that we're sending Fabio on loan.

Rafael has done little to change my opinion that his brother is the superior player.

Its madness that we're sending Fabio on loan.
Still not seen enough of Fabio. I don't think loaning him is a bad idea though, he needs a run of games.

They're both very good I think, on their day. Still too rash though.

Clegg

Still not seen enough of Fabio. I don't think loaning him is a bad idea though, he needs a run of games.

They're both very good I think, on their day. Still too rash though.

I've been more impressed by Fabio when I've seen him play.

Rafael is so error prone. On his day he can be very good but right now he can be a liability imo.

dc, you're wrong about the Tevez thing tho. Rafael was right to get in his face.

Poor young lad couldn't handle the Ribéry.

tumblr_lh71d9YV9h1qgsm1bo1_400.gif
I can't remember exactly but I think he only made two fouls in that game and both got yellows.

His first booking I think was harsh. Second one was a definite yellow, I think it was a foul in Bayern's half too. Silly.

Arnie

He has refused to sign a new contract with Atletico.

Smart business by Juventus.

It's not smart business because they won't accept. Just like when they bid £10 million for Van Persie, who's also refusing to resign for his current club.

All that will do is antagonise Bilbao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom