• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I'd rather United went after Llorente.

Hes younger and doesn't have an injuey record as bad as RVP. He'd also add an aerial threat that we seem to lack.
RVP is much better though.

Well we got Aduriz from Valencia and one of our young ones recovered in Isma Lopez, but yeah Llorente is not an easy replaceable player.
As far as I know from the Bilbao press, we are not negotiating yet, so if they come with the 36m I guess he's gone, but I don't see it going far lower than that, or hope not, either way Llorente is not really handling it well.. I find it hard to believe than 1yr of negotiations there still no way to reach some common ground.. but whatever, he should just come out and say in press conference he wants to leave, and then the club will negotiate I am sure.
We are offering 4.5m a yr after taxes guess he wants at least 5.5 from what is been said.
Is it just the money that's the problem or other things, like playing CL?

sneaky77

RVP is much better though.

Is it just the money that's the problem or other things, like playing CL?

All the press is saying is money.. but who knows. He wants to leave, he should come out and say it. We don't usually sell and players don't usually leave.. so this is not something that happens often.

GorillaJu

Llorente isn't anywhere near as good as RVP. RVP is already a little bit of a "huh?" but Llorente would be more of a "what in the fucking fuck?" if United went after him.

Llorente is a hard-working striker that brings others into play well, but has a rather poor conversion rate and is prone to being complete shit from time to time. He's like Heskey, except since he's super good looking and foreign he doesn't get ridiculed nearly as much.

confuziz

Banned
Llorente isn't anywhere near as good as RVP. RVP is already a little bit of a "huh?" but Llorente would be more of a "what in the fucking fuck?" if United went after him.

Llorente is a hard-working striker that brings others into play well, but has a rather poor conversion rate and is prone to being complete shit from time to time. He's like Heskey, except since he's super good looking and foreign he doesn't get ridiculed nearly as much.

Llorente is better than Rooney

GorillaJu

3-3 Bremen - Villa
Seems like Paul Lamberts penchant for "score one more than the other guys" has come along with him to Villa.

I think Llorente plays a lot like Emile Heskey. They're both big strong target men who open up space for the supporting attackers to come in and score. Edit: obviously over-simplifying since that's pretty much every target man's aim, but I think they have very similar runs of form, and they actually move around a bit in the same manner

I know Heskey is somewhat of a joke these days but he was great at his job for many a year. He created lots of goals for his team, even if he wasnt the one scoring them.

Fry

Conte must have paid him.

iP5jrtgioiqpe.gif

Paracelsus

Looks like a penalty to me.

HAHAHA

Anally crippled Italian tv commentator few moments after the equalizer to his partner: are you telling me the tackle from behind could be worth a penalty? Are you sure it stopped Vucinic from getting the ball back? Are you?

Wilbur

Banned
100% penalty. Don't know how you can complain it wasn't, if I'm honest.

Didn't see the match so not going to comment on the dirtiness of the teams but I would be livid if that wasn't given to my team.

ShogunX

How the fuck was this a dubious penalty? I need help here.

Look at the defender's right leg.

I can see why fans of Napoli would complain about that as it's pretty hard to see what exactly happened in full speed therefore it would of been a tough for the Ref to be certain it was a foul.

From the way the Napoli players are protesting it looks like the linesman gave the foul. It was the correct decision to make but it never feels good to conceded such a sloppy penalty. Even the first goal is pretty sloppy as well - The Napoli defender turns his back on the shot.

Wilbur

Banned
MUFC: Lindegaard; M Keane, Carrick, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Cleverley, Kagawa, Young; Hernandez, Rooney

Cleverley and Kagawa in the middle. Delicious.

Carrick in defence is something I hope we don't resort to. We should play Berba there, he fucking loves it.

Looking forward to seeing if Kagawa is playing deep or ahead of Clev. What time's the game? Got to shower and leave by around half 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom