• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we know for sure is that he's the best Fernando Torres.

Nope.

and come on, no one is going to pay 20mil for a Llorente with a year left of his contract. He might be very valuable to Bilbao but it would make sense for them to cash in if he really wants to try something new. 12.5 mil is far from a piss take in that situation.

Fry

Nope.

and come on, no one is going to pay 20mil for a Llorente with a year left of his contract. He might be very valuable to Bilbao but it would make sense for them to cash in if he really wants to try something new. 12.5 mil is far from a piss take in that situation.

He's on the last year of his contract?

There should be a bid war by now. A lot of teams could use Llorente up-front.

sneaky77

Nope.

less than half his buyout? is more valuable for us to just keep him one more season

Meier

Surely Madrid or Celtic could have picked a shirt that clashed a bit with the other, yeah? This looks like something you'd see in a video game and not real life.

Arnie

RVP is in Germany, Fergie is in Germany, but isn't at the match. Very interesting.

Very.

ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

Shinji at CM? WTF

You're limiting him there. He had brilliant seasons at Dortmund playing behind the striker. His passing in tight spaces in the final third and the freedom to attack will be gone. What's the point of playing him at CM?

I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Madridy

Shinji at CM? WTF

You're limiting him there. He had brilliant seasons at Dortmund playing behind the striker. His passing in tight spaces in the final third and the freedom to attack will be gone. What's the point of playing him at CM?

I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Wasnt Anderson an AM player before going to ManU?

He got turned into a CM/DM

GorillaJu

I don't know how he'd be starting most games with United's current set up. And if you've been watching Dortmund or Japan you'll see him greatly lose effectiveness when he's pushed out wide

It looks like one of three options for Shinji:
1) Ferguson plays him behind Rooney and doesn't buy RVP
2) He plays as CM in a 4-4-2 with Rooney and RVP up front
3) He is used sparingly as a sub or rotated with Rooney and RVP
4) He is played out wide in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3

3 of those 4 options would see a reduced effectiveness compared to Dortmund. Only #1 would have him played to his strengths.

I think he'll have a good season he just won't be the same player he was for Dortmund.

Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom