• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Hated RvN, with a passion. Did fuck all then popped up with a goal.

A mate of mine in primary school came and asked me how you spelt his name on the back of the shirt (he was buying a United shirt) and I told him to fuck off, in kid speak of course.

Yeah he was a poacher but he did score the odd good goal by himself

http://youtu.be/jeU9qFsDd2E?hd=1&t=5m54s

Still, 95 goals in 150 games was a great return even if he didn't always contribute to play.

Second source now.

Looks good.

"You'll see on SSN tomorrow. #RVP is a #MUFC player. Fee agreed, just has to complete the medical."

I'M STARTING TO BELIEVE.

COCK AT THE READY!

K1LLER7

Gill's been in the business for 15 years, pal.

He knows how to get stuff done.
Yet he failed on the #MouraPowellFuture and only got us half :(

Apparently the fee's agreed, arsenal board pushed it through although Wenger was reluctant. Sky sports news should have it up tomorrow. Only a medical left.

Salazar

Is it a gigantic coincidence that my twitter follow list is jammed with reliable, sane folks and

NOT ONE

of them is saying a single fucking thing about RVP or Isco ?

K1LLER7

Is it a gigantic coincidence that my twitter follow list is jammed with reliable, sane folks and

NOT ONE

of them is saying a single fucking thing about RVP or Isco ?
The Isco thing was false, I made it up lol

None of these deals will happen #TeamClegg :)

kharma45

Yet he failed on the #MouraPowellFuture and only got us half :(

Apparently the fee's agreed, arsenal board pushed it through although Wenger was reluctant. Sky sports news should have it up tomorrow. Only a medical left.

Moura who?

fergusonalienmemebebe.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
rvps gonna be owen 2.0, this doesnt solve any of the teams weakness. (LB and CM)
shouldve gotten moutinho instead

but im still getting his name on my back to fuck with arsenal fans

kharma45

rvps gonna be owen 2.0, this doesnt solve any of the teams weakness. (LB and CM)
shouldve gotten moutinho instead

but im still getting his name on my back to fuck with arsenal fans

Welllllllll, if that guy tonight who broke the 'news' first is correct once RVP is sorted then we make a move towards a CM.

Fintan

If Arsenal sell RVP, will they bother getting another striker? Is Giroud/Podolski enough? I guess they have Park and Chamakh as well. Walcott wants to play as striker, too.

kharma45

This should kick start transfers...

Pfft. You'll take this...

110812232450.png

...and like it!

I'm going mad and shall suggest this

110812233026.png

Scholes when he's not in a home, Clev when he is.

Let Kagawa and Rooney swap when they feel. Rooney has played on the left before when needed, although it's not the position for him. Wonder how Kagawa would do there, doesn't he do it for Japan?

pappe

I'm going mad and shall suggest this

110812233026.png

Scholes when he's not in a home, Clev when he is.

Let Kagawa and Rooney swap when they feel. Rooney has played on the left before when needed, although it's not the position for him. Wonder how Kagawa would do there, doesn't he do it for Japan?
What will we do when Carrick gets injured? We have no one who can replace him.

SAF was not at the game coz he wa with his broker selling his shares to gain a profit.

kharma45

What will we do when Carrick gets injured? We have no one who can replace him.

Which is why I'm hoping we can sign a CM.

If we don't, we've got Anderson, Jones, Cleverly, Scholes, Giggs, (although hopefully it doesn't come to Giggs) and Powell who can play there. Hell, even Kagawa could do it I'm sure, although it'd negate his best qualities. As Salazar says too, we've got Petrucci and Tunnicliffe but they may yet be still too raw.

Fingers and toes crossed too that Fletcher makes it back at some point, him training with Scotland has re-ignited some hope.

If only Le Pog had stayed...

pappe

Which is why I'm hoping we can sign a CM.

If we don't, we've got Anderson, Jones, Cleverly, Scholes, Giggs, (although hopefully it doesn't come to Giggs) and Powell who can play there. Hell, even Kagawa could do it I'm sure, although it'd negate his best qualities. As Salazar says too, we've got Petrucci and Tunnicliffe but they may yet be still too raw.

Fingers and toes crossed too that Fletcher makes it back at some point, him training with Scotland has re-ignited some hope.

If only Le Pog had stayed...
None of them can do Carricks job half as well as Carrick himself. 2013 the year Carrick transcends from a mere mortal to become Lord Carrick.

Welbeck on loan, RVP and Isco... :lol Twitter is on a wind-up tear.

But if RVP does come, I want:

---------- Carrick (Anderson) --- Cleverley (Scholes)
-
--- Nani (AV7) ------ Kagawa (Rooney) ----- Rooney (Kagawa / RVP)
-
------------------- RVP (Rooney / Welbeck)

For the big games.

kharma45

Welbeck on loan, RVP and Isco... :lol Twitter is on a wind-up tear.

But if RVP does come, I want:

---------- Carrick (Anderson) --- Cleverley (Scholes)
-
--- Nani (AV7) ------ Kagawa (Rooney) ----- Rooney (Kagawa / RVP)
-
------------------- RVP (Rooney / Welbeck)

For the big games.

Pretty much what I'd want to see too as you can guess from the formation I posted up above, although my dream of Tony V at RB (hey, it rhymes!) is probably just a tour thing, but no doubt he'd do a good job there.

Tc91

A statue will be unveiled for Ferguson outside Old Trafford in the coming months but a large collective of United supporters has already distributed an open letter challenging his pro-Glazer statements and asking him to justify his position against the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The letter tells him of "thousands of fans leaving the club in protest over the Glazer regime."

No one deserves that more than Sir Alex!

Salvadora

Thomas Vermaelen believes Steve Bould’s meticulous methods will help Arsenal improve this season.

The 49-year-old was named as Arsène Wenger’s assistant manager this summer following the retirement of the long-serving Pat Rice.

Vermaelen enjoyed his time with Rice and he says that Bould has already made a positive impact on the training pitch.
“Steve is really good to work with, especially for defenders as he has been a defender himself,” the Belgian told Arsenal Player.

“He knows what it is all about and gives us a lot of tips. He works a lot on the shape of the team and that is very important, so I am very happy he came to work with the first team.

“He is very focused on details. A lot of players, because we are getting older, we know how to play. But he looks at details and the shape of your body and to be honest I am learning a lot from him.”

Vermaelen is pleased with the squad's preparations, and says they know which areas must be improved on this season.

“We have to get the shape of the team right,” he said. “We have been working on it throughout pre-season and we are focusing on that.

“I think having your shape right is one of the most important things in football, whether you have the ball or don't have the ball. We are working really hard on that and Steve does the job really well.”
Here's hoping we improve defensively this season..

True, but others like Powell (at least from the bits of him I saw on the tour and last season) can add some dynamism.

From what I've seen, Powell looks rawer than Petrucci and Lingard in central midfield. If he played off the striker like he did at Crewe last season, I think he could make for a decent PM player already.

Watching a clip of some of the players watching the 100m final.

Nani walks in and says "y u guys no call me man?".

They hate him. Nani's leaving :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom