• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fans asking SAF to justify himself? heh.

-

Fr4eR.gif

Sorry that's all I could find.

K1LLER7

Watching a clip of some of the players watching the 100m final.

Nani walks in and says "y u guys no call me man?".

They hate him. Nani's leaving :(
He's brilliant in rio's tour clips. He's been great these past 2 games, hope he signs a new contract.

^ Stop buying midfielders :(

elsk

Banned
From what I've seen, Powell looks rawer than Petrucci and Lingard in central midfield. If he played off the striker like he did at Crewe last season, I think he could make for a decent PM player already.

Actually, Powell looks kind of like Kagawa. Playing very upfront.

PaulLFC

Apparently we're very interested in signing Sahin and Tello, both on loan, or Tello as a transfer with buyback clause (no way Barca would let him go without that).

Can't see either of them signing, but it'd be great if we could get one or both of them.

elsk

Banned
Apparently we're very interested in signing Sahin and Tello, both on loan, or Tello as a transfer with buyback clause (no way Barca would let him go without that).

Can't see either of them signing, but it'd be great if we could get one or both of them.

Is Tello highly rated by the new coach? Because Pedro, Villa, Afellay and Deulofeu could play there.

Clegg

You'd have to wonder what United are doing if they let a player as good as Sahin move to a PL club.

He'd be perfect for us.

Salvadora

Arsenal target Isco to be 'the new Cesc Fabregas'
The Malaga man is valued at £8million and is likely to be available as the Spanish side continue to sell players to ease their financial crisis.

Isco (right) has been widely compared to former Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas (Getty)
Santi Cazorla has already left Malaga to join the Gunners this summer and now it seems the 20-year-old, who has been dubbed the 'new Cesc Fabregas', could follow suit.
Wenger is known to be an admirer of the young midfielder, Caught Offside reports, and wants to add him to a squad that also boasts new signings Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.
Malaga spent heavily last summer under their Qatari owners and their investment was rewarded with a Champions League place, but the expenditure seems to have caught up with them and they must now offload star players.
Isco made 32 appearances for the club last season and played a key role in Manuel Pellegrini's side finishing fourth in La Liga.
That has alerted Wenger, who is still keen to add to his squad as he faces the prospect of losing both Robin van Persie and Alex Song before the transfer window slams shut.
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/908226-arsenal-target-isco-to-be-the-new-cesc-fabregas#ixzz23FBwE8mv

Salazar

I thought it was pretty obvious he'd made it up, heh.

Morning here. And I was knackered after a jog downtown for some milk. Brain doesn't function on the level required to detect transfer bollocks at moments like that.

Wenger doesn't need Isco.

Fry

Rawk said:
And Sahin could deputise for Enrique at LB, so that's depth in a position where we lacked any.

How stupid would that be? I swear people don't seem to remember how good Sahin was for Borussia? It's mind blowing.

Clegg

Shinji Kagawa vs. Hannover

He actually played pretty well as a CM in this game. Hes obviously better suited to playing as an attacking midfielder and I hope that where he plays most of his games for us next season. But I wouldn't be too upset to see him play in midfield if we were in a pinch.

Would obviously prefer Sahin but that just isn't on the cards.

I've never personally subscribed to the mindset that a player can owe something to a club or its fans: I watched bewildered at how the transfer of Torres traumatised so many Liverpool fans and I barely blinked at the sale of Ashley Cole to Chelsea. But in the context of the position the club has found itself in last few years, our marquee player - the one who led the side out in every game, leaving to join our direct rivals because the "club he had loved so much being unable to move forward" does genuinely upset me.

The problem isn't one of him leaving to join Man Utd, but rather the circumstances in which it transpires in; this deal, if true, undermines the club in more ways than one; it is literally betrayal underlined by the fact that Utd are neither the only destination in which he can win medals nor earn a larger salary - yet here we are, with them becoming his most likely destination. How is this possible?

This isn't even to mention that United aren't in need of a striker yet find themselves in a position where they can, apparently with ease, walk off with our prized asset like a man walking his dog.

None of it makes any sense. It is completely self-defeating. If it does happen then Arsenal fans are well within their right to demand their pound of flesh from that board because whilst ~£20m isn't going to push us any higher in the table, the reinforcing of other sides above us will certainly (i) keep us down and (ii) be an embarrassing self-admission of weakness to both observers and current players. If this is how they want to run the club then they might as well let us fans know we haven't got any ambition, any resolve or pride because if it were up to me - the moment he shows interest in bloody Utd is the moment the relation is severed. Players who make their careers at certain clubs do not abandon it when it needs them most to join their rivals and have any penny to their claim that they held any semblance of respect or love for such a club.

If he comes back to our ground wearing a Utd kit, it'll make Nasri and Adebayor's visits look like a parade for returning astronauts. I am seething so much this glass of water tastes like warm coke

I've never personally subscribed to the mindset that a player can owe something to a club or its fans: I watched bewildered at how the transfer of Torres traumatised so many Liverpool fans and I barely blinked at the sale of Ashley Cole to Chelsea. But in the context of the position the club has found itself in last few years, our marquee player - the one who led the side out in every game, leaving to join our direct rivals because the "club he had loved so much being unable to move forward" does genuinely upset me.

The problem isn't one of him leaving to join Man Utd, but rather the circumstances in which it transpires in; this deal, if true, undermines the club in more ways than one; it is literally betrayal underlined by the fact that Utd are neither the only destination in which he can win medals nor earn a larger salary - yet here we are, with them becoming his most likely destination. How is this possible?

This isn't even to mention that United aren't in need of a striker yet find themselves in a position where they can, apparently with ease, walk off with our prized asset like a man walking his dog.

None of it makes any sense. It is completely self-defeating. If it does happen then Arsenal fans are well within their right to demand their pound of flesh from that board because whilst ~£20m isn't going to push us any higher in the table, the reinforcing of other sides above us will certainly (i) keep us down and (ii) be an embarrassing self-admission of weakness to both observers and current players. If this is how they want to run the club then they might as well let us fans know we haven't got any ambition, any resolve or pride because if it were up to me - the moment he shows interest in bloody Utd is the moment the relation is severed
8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

Fear not Meus, hasn't happened yet...though he does want it to happen so I guess you're pissed already.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How stupid would that be? I swear people don't seem to remember how good Sahin was for Borussia? It's mind blowing.

VIDAL IS OVERRATED. MOST OF HIS GOALS ARE PENALTIES.

MELO IS BETTER.

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
whilst ~£20m isn't going to push us any higher in the table, the reinforcing of other sides above us will certainly (i) keep us down and (ii) be an embarrassing self-admission of weakness to both observers and current players.

Right on the money.

Meier

It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. I think if either side wins relatively easily, there will likely be some pretty major repercussions quickly in the way of transfers for the other side. I think if City win at all, Mancini won't get his wish beyond maybe 1 more cheap player.. the RVP to United thing may spur Marwood on though.

Hopefully the English club M'Vila is supposedly nearly finalized with is City...

Salazar

That's what I was saying, Meus.

Us getting RVP is certainly not a negligible benefit, but it's not nailed on to be a critical one.

Gooners losing RVP is almost nailed on to be a problem.

Lunchbox

Banned
But in the context of the position the club has found itself in last few years, our marquee player - the one who led the side out in every game, leaving to join our direct rivals because the "club he had loved so much being unable to move forward" does genuinely upset me.

you still believe that?

arsenal stopped being a team united worries about around 2005. fulham, spurs, liverpool and newcastle are more your rivals now

heres a wallpaper for you though -

HndVG.jpg

Salvadora

Great post Meus.
It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. I think if either side wins relatively easily, there will likely be some pretty major repercussions quickly in the way of transfers for the other side. I think if City win at all, Mancini won't get his wish beyond maybe 1 more cheap player.. the RVP to United thing may spur Marwood on though.

Hopefully the English club M'Vila is supposedly nearly finalized with is City...
I suppose if you sell De Jong you'll be in the market.

Clegg

There is no RVP to United thing.

RVP wants what Rooney is earning. Thats anywhere between £160k-£200k per week. United won't offer what Arsenal want because the transfer fee on top of the wages would make it too expensive.

K1LLER7

Can't wait for the PL to start and for Kagawa to blow all the doubters away. Many still probably see him as a replacement for Park, whereas most fans who have actually seen him play realise he could be key to any success we have this season.

None of it makes any sense. It is completely self-defeating. If it does happen then Arsenal fans are well within their right to demand their pound of flesh from that board because whilst ~£20m isn't going to push us any higher in the table, the reinforcing of other sides above us will certainly (i) keep us down and (ii) be an embarrassing self-admission of weakness to both observers and current players. If this is how they want to run the club then they might as well let us fans know we haven't got any ambition, any resolve or pride because if it were up to me - the moment he shows interest in bloody Utd is the moment the relation is severed. Players who make their careers at certain clubs do not abandon it when it needs them most to join their rivals and have any penny to their claim that they held any semblance of respect or love for such a club.

If he comes back to our ground wearing a Utd kit, it'll make Nasri and Adebayor's visits look like a parade for returning astronauts. I am seething so much this glass of water tastes like warm coke

I live for this.

ib19yXwDIARvoB.gif

K1LLER7

The same person who said RVP will sign for United for £25m said this:

For #LFC fans, no further bids from #MCFC for Agger. Rogers expects him to stay. The club have approached RM for Sahin on a season loan.

Arnie

You can't substitute or rationalise the desire to move from London to the North West, though. It just is. And it always will be.

And the sadness at Torres was more understandable than Van Persie; Torres was sublime for more than a single season, Liverpool beat Chelsea both times during the season he moved, as well as three times out of four last season, United just dick on Arsenal.

The same person who said RVP will sign for United for £25m said this:
Various ITKs have been sprouting comments about Agger staying all day too. I hope it's true.

Sahin I could give or take, at this point. As I said immediately as I woke up and reached for my phone in a dreamy haze, it's a strange one. If he comes then Adam must go, and Spearing should too. Centre midfield is looking stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom