• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Hello there :) Excited to see Cazorla soo? I am, he'll be great for u guys.

What about Llorente for us, Fady? Too many mixed opinions here. Yours will be the definitive.

198961_337989249623092_1354291033_n.jpg

Shinji.

So good.

£15m, £12m, £17m...whatever it was or whatever it's going to be...thank you BVB.

Well, it was a shitty situation for us. Shinji only had one year left in his contract and he only wanted to go to United, so no way to get the price up with a bidding war. It was either take the money that United offered or not take it and let him go for free next year.

But whatever, Reus <3

Kyoufu

Well, it was a shitty situation for us. Shinji only had one year left in his contract and he only wanted to go to United, so no way to get the price up with a bidding war. It was either take the money that United offered or not take it and let him go for free next year.

But whatever, Reus <3

Should have let him go free.

Man United will be bankrupt by next year.

Fady K

Yurt, I got your twitter call haha! Man what an insane game today huh? 2 red cards! 6 goals!

What games are you playing at the moment Fady?

At the moment bro as it is Ramadan I am playing smaller-scaled games. I finished a few recently - a weird adventure game called Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, a mega man-like game called Explodemon, and an awesome 2D platformer called Tales from Space: About a Blob. Now I am playing an adventure game that is awesome called Stacking, heard of it?

What about u bro?

What about Llorente for us, Fady? Too many mixed opinions here. Yours will be the definitive.

198961_337989249623092_1354291033_n.jpg

Llorente to Juventus would be dream-like. Let's hope it happens. There can be no mixed opinions about this one! Only good :)

Rumours of £24m for Cavani plus Meireles. Not sure how I feel about that, i'd rather have Llorente (probably £20m-£24m w/out Meireles?).

I want Hulk ultimately but I think he will end up at City as Mancini will demand a new player after we sign Azpili, Moses and a striker.

We should ship out Meireles though, unless we sell Mikel and keep Raul/Romeu as our defensive midfielder players.

Still waiting for Malouda/Essien to go as well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mirror reporting that Ade deal is nearing completion.

Please jebus let it be true

Wes

venison crêpe
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has said the chances of him re-signing striker DJ Campbell from QPR are remote.:

"We are about as close to re-signing DJ Campbell as me wearing high heels and calling myself Sheila,"

Arnie

It's taken so long for a signing we all knew was happening, and one we've seen in effect for a whole season, that I'm barely bothered.

Even with Meireles £24 million is a great price, can't believe it. I love Cavani, don't want to see him in a Chelsea shirt. We should make a cheeky bid for Torres.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kwadwo Asamoah &#8207;@Asabob20
Grande feeling! Don't wake me up from this dream. It was all possible #BecauseOfHim #GrazieALui
He's next season's Vidal. He grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck!
Rumours of £24m for Cavani plus Meireles. Not sure how I feel about that, i'd rather have Llorente (probably £20m-£24m w/out Meireles?).
24m plus Meireles? I wouldn't even hesitate. He's easily one of the best in the world.
Hulk isn't close to worth what Porto want for him IMO.
Their whole squad deserves a massive decrease in market value.

I don't like the player's agent crowd. When there are constantly rumors about a player with plenty of clubs, I have the feeling that it's only to get the agent more money.
Mats Hummels

Man, this guy is so awesome. We should make him and Klinsmann a monument in Dortmund.

Zabojnik

This is a "Stupid Questions" thread question. Is there only one english/scottish commentary combo on are there more? It seems that everytime I watch a match with english commentary these two guys are on. Weird.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lucio doesn't look like a tit anymore. :p And Pogba is such a waste of #6.
Sneaky77 said:
Those Barca away uniforms are so damn terrible
It's supposed to be Catalonia's flag right? I've seen worse.
:(

dc89

Yurt, I got your twitter call haha! Man what an insane game today huh? 2 red cards! 6 goals!

At the moment bro as it is Ramadan I am playing smaller-scaled games. I finished a few recently - a weird adventure game called Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, a mega man-like game called Explodemon, and an awesome 2D platformer called Tales from Space: About a Blob. Now I am playing an adventure game that is awesome called Stacking, heard of it?

What about u bro?

Llorente to Juventus would be dream-like. Let's hope it happens. There can be no mixed opinions about this one! Only good :)

I looked at your trophies and you appear to be quite the fan of the smaller arcade style games!

Plugging away at RE5 and MGS4 at the moment in between bouts of Kingdom Hearts 3D and FF Theatrythm.

Zabojnik

Lucio doesn't look like a tit anymore. :p And Pogba is such a waste of #6.

It's supposed to be Catalonia's flag right? I've seen worse.
:(

I really hope we don't fix ourselves on 3-5-2 too much, as Lucio can't play in a three-man defensive line. Otherwise this formation suits us, but so does 4-3-3. The ability to change formations on the fly was one of our strenghts last season, we should cultivate it.

dc89

Yup. He's rinsing City in the process but good riddance.

Also Hart may not play tomorrow after picking up a minor back injury. Pantilimon has been solid pre season so I'm not majorly worried about this.

Mancini is due to hold talks with Marwood and call a truce. Khaldoon will be present. I can't see it lasting for long, the two clearly do not like each other full stop. And I'd be more worried if I was Marwood.

Also Tevez has shocked the City coaching staff by shedding over a stone this summer. To be honest, in recent pictures he is looking much fitter.

Like I said before, not worried as much about not selling Dzeko or Tevez and signing a replacement. A fully fit Tevez with a perfect attendance record is going to be brilliant. He carried us the season we won the FA Cup and now we have Aguero. Yaya and Silva are much better too. Kompany holding it together as Captain.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Emhemed

Those Barca away uniforms are so damn terrible

Tell me about it :( It looks like someone at Nike just learned about the gradient tool in Photoshop and thought it was a good idea to make it into a kit. 2008/2009 season kits were amazing, since then it's been Nike experiments on us, I really hope they stop trying too hard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He made the right choice. Congrats United-GAF ;)
I really hope we don't fix ourselves on 3-5-2 too much, as Lucio can't play in a three-man defensive line. Otherwise this formation suits us, but so does 4-3-3. The ability to change formations on the fly was one of our strenghts last season, we should cultivate it.
I'm sure we won't
66dd0.gif
66dd0.gif
I don't see Conte sticking with one formation really, it depends on the opposition.
Speaking of Pogba, how's he doing at Juventus?
Keeping our bench warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom