• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I have similar sensations all around my extremities. If you're stressed or your posture is poor (or both) you can exacerbate that quite a bit because your muscles tighten up unnaturally and constrict your nerves.
Would make sense, it all began around the business end of last semester when work was piling on. Combine that stress with a lot of slouching on chairs and I've got my cause, I hope.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ruled out an immediate move for Yann M'Vila. http://t.co/GqA4LqNw
Sky's Graeme Bailey
Sorry, but that's just bullshit, our very own Neogaf ITK confirmed that M'Vila would be an Arsenal player within 17 days.
Fergie is being strangely open about these stories lately.
Next thing he'll be sat outside his house in his Range Rover telling us how he got that 'Moura lad'.

So today we'll most likely get photographs of Andy Carroll and Brendan Rodgers, together. oooooo

Milan going for Abel Hernandez? Nice Zlatan replacement, Belusconi.
KuGsj.gif

dc89

Would make sense, it all began around the business end of last semester when work was piling on. Combine that stress with a lot of slouching on chairs and I've got my cause, I hope.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit, our very own Neogaf ITK confirmed that M'Vila would be an Arsenal player within 17 days.

Next thing he'll be sat outside his house in his Range Rover telling us how he got that 'Moura lad'.

So today we'll most likely get photographs of Andy Carroll and Brendan Rodgers, together. oooooo

A NeoGAF ITK?

We'll see.

---

Yes, Kinect registers the c-bomb on FIFA 13 http://t.co/Af28hdYt
CVG.

GAF?

Berlusconi is ranting about the fact that he spent a lot of money on Milan, and now some supporters are thinking about a class action to receive back their money from the season tickets. Don't know which one is worse, probably Berluscoglione. "I spent enough money a couple of years ago, now you do the rest. I also sold our two best players? Didn't know about that, I guess I'll bring Kakà back."
Milan going for Abel Hernandez? Nice Zlatan replacement, Belusconi.
KuGsj.gif
Really? That's just awesome. The fact that we may buy somebody, I mean.
They want Matri on loan.

On loan, yes.
KuGsj.gif
I read that there was going to be a 10m offer.

@ManUtdStuff: SAF on Kagawa: "On the training ground he never needs an explanation. After one demonstration he picks it up right away."

I was hoping Shinji would object to being told to play CM...

GorillaJu

@ManUtdStuff: SAF on Kagawa: "On the training ground he never needs an explanation. After one demonstration he picks it up right away."

Japanese players will all be like this.

In Japan you learn how to follow instructions, and follow them well. It's one thing you'll be able to expect from any Japanese footballers. They'll train very, very well.

Arnie

Are you not finding the level of discourse occasioned by the removal of a single curse word to your complete satisfaction?
As a general rule I'm never satisfied by poorly reasoned censorship, imposed inconsistently, and selectively.

But it's a harmless adjustment so I don't have a great objection to it.

I believe he's good enough to play centre midfield, to be honest. And if you get Moura then he'd slot in behind the striker, or if you signed Van Persie, Rooney would drop slightly deeper. If Cleverley manages to get himself fit then Kagawa will get his chance in his preferred position.

£12m offer for Quagliarella from Zenit? I think even with the inevitable arrival of a top striker, we'll need Quagliarella. Even if he is third in the prima punta pecking order, with three competitions and, depending on formation, up to two striker positions available, we'll need someone like him in a depth role. And he offers something different than Matri which Pazzini, his possible replacement, doesn't.

Possible signing of Poli from Sampdoria at £5m, almost definitely with half his contract used as a bargaining chip in a possible deal with Jovetic. I like Poli but there is no space for him in our midfield at the moment. Still, he's pretty cheap and has some top flight experience. Good to at least get a share in him.

Edit: If it's between £10m for Matri from Milan and £12m for Quagliarella from Zenit, I think it's obvious that we sell Quagliarella.

pappe

As a general rule I'm never satisfied by poorly reasoned censorship, imposed inconsistently, and selectively.

But it's a harmless adjustment so I don't have a great objection to it.

I believe he's good enough to play centre midfield, to be honest. And if you get Moura then he'd slot in behind the striker, or if you signed Van Persie, Rooney would drop slightly deeper. If Cleverley manages to get himself fit then Kagawa will get his chance in his preferred position.
He certainly has the ability to play in the CM role but he will truly flourish if he is given no defensive responsibility in the CAM position.

pappe

SO Fifa 13 manager mode-

Are they really pushing the point where you can buy players in a part exchange and Loans? Seems like something that should have been there since Day1

GorillaJu

He certainly has the ability to play in the CM role but he will truly flourish if he is given no defensive responsibility in the CAM position.

Not trying to pick on you but is anyone else put off by the proliferation of Fifa/FM vocabulary in football discussions?

I understand CAM is a very efficient way to describe the position. I just can't ever use a word invented by EA lol.

Hixx

Not trying to pick on you but is anyone else put off by the proliferation of Fifa/FM vocabulary in football discussions?

I understand CAM is a very efficient way to describe the position. I just can't ever use a word invented by EA lol.

Not really. You say to someone 'yeah he's an inside forward' and you get a blank stare. 'Attacking midfielder' - ooooh yeah!

pappe

CAM requires lesser keys to be pressed as compared to no.10 or behind the striker :p

Arnie

Look at this berk.

Gareth-Bale-is-with-Totte-008.jpg

It's from an article where he says they can challenge for the title. I think if they adequately replace Modric then they've got a shot, although I don't see that as a simple task at all. Just buying Moutinho won't cut it in my opinion. That current squad is built around Modric.

I'm not sure he can be a very effective CM tbh, I think he can do a job there and do it quite well but not to a really high standard. I'm not convinced he has the range of passing for it or the ability to set tempo in games. We'll see though, I've not seen enough of him yet to be sure either way.

I was just joking anyway, from what Fergie has said it seems he will play higher up the pitch which is great, because even if he can play CM, his quickness of thought and precision in the final third is something we are missing.

GorillaJu

Not really. You say to someone 'yeah he's an inside forward' and you get a blank stare. 'Attacking midfielder' - ooooh yeah!

Isn't "inside forward" FM's version of "inverted winger"?

CAM requires lesser keys to be pressed as compared to no.10 or behind the striker :p

I know. It's a pretty apt abbreviation. I just, as I said, refuse to use words invented by EA. I prefer to call that position "in the hole," "second striker" or "10"

I am going to see the Dark Knight Rises at 4:00! So excited! How much do I need to remember from Batman Begins? I remember nothing and am not sure whether to re watch it before I leave...

Arnie

I am going to see the Dark Knight Rises at 4:00! So excited! How much do I need to remember from Batman Begins? I remember nothing and am not sure whether to re watch it before I leave...

My IMAX showing is 9:30am tomorrow morning.

Having a little barbecue with some friends this afternoon, and I think we're going to watch Batman Begins again. Weather's a bit shite for a BBQ like, it's warm enough but grey skies.

Wilbur

Banned

Quite a lot, I'd suggest a rewatch

Did Kagawa ever play centre midfield for Dortmund?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

A massive amount. If you can, rewatch BB before you go to TDKR, you will miss a ton of stuff otherwise. It is not a movie that works very well for casual Batman fans.

It's from an article where he says they can challenge for the title. I think if they adequately replace Modric then they've got a shot, although I don't see that as a simple task at all. Just buying Moutinho won't cut it in my opinion. That current squad is built around Modric.

I think we have a very good team and challenging for the title (assuming we get Ade + one other striker) will be a purely mental thing.

I had never really heard of "SS" much before PES started using it.

I think the "proper" word for that #10 role is Inside Forward or Deep Lying Forward.

Arnie

I think we have a very good team and challenging for the title (assuming we get Ade + one other striker) will be a purely mental thing.
That description was appropriate last season, when you had Modric and a manager who had developed a comfortable rapport between his players in regards to the system and the atmosphere. Had you not mentally combusted you would've been up there come the end of the season.

Modric is so integral to your side though that his removal may have detrimental effects above and beyond those normally associated with a single player. I've made the Alonso comparison before, and I'll repeat it again. Only this time you've also completely changed manager, and are most likely looking to introduce an entirely new system in terms of training and game style.

If Spurs sell Modric and get anywhere close to the title then I'll readily admit that Villas-Boas has done a phenomenal job.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

It's still very low IMO. He's 27, tied with a long contract and a proven striker in Serie A.

Possible signing of Poli from Sampdoria at £5m, almost definitely with half his contract used as a bargaining chip in a possible deal with Jovetic. I like Poli but there is no space for him in our midfield at the moment. Still, he's pretty cheap and has some top flight experience. Good to at least get a share in him.

gNjLx.jpg

Also fade said:
Edit: If it's between £10m for Matri from Milan and £12m for Quagliarella from Zenit, I think it's obvious that we sell Quagliarella.
I agree about Quag, if we somehow end up with RVP, we might need him more than Matri. His form is seriously worrying though, he's not half the player he was.

However, 12M > Quag. :p

Look at this berk.

I'd love to slap him up the chops. Does my bollocks in.

WJD

Look at this berk.

He really does think he's Ronaldo, doesn't he? He'll never be close.

Zabojnik

The Turks suck. That's right, I'm insulting an entire nation. They'll want to pull another Melo / Ziegler. They'll want a loan and then they won't sign the player even if he does very well with them. :/ Still, I pray.

Berlusconi is ranting about the fact that he spent a lot of money on Milan, and now some supporters are thinking about a class action to receive back their money from the season tickets. Don't know which one is worse, probably Berluscoglione. "I spent enough money a couple of years ago, now you do the rest. I also sold our two best players? Didn't know about that, I guess I'll bring Kakà back."

Really? That's just awesome. The fact that we may buy somebody, I mean.

In my opinion, the worst thing about the whole Milan situation and others like it, is the lying to the fans. If Milan were to announce that they have a new long-term project in the works, one that doesn't include big spending, because right now there simply is no money to be spent, I'm sure the fans would understand and continue to support the team as they always have. Sure, there'd be anger, accusations and whatnot, but at least the fans would know where their club stands in the grand scheme of things.

£12m offer for Quagliarella from Zenit? I think even with the inevitable arrival of a top striker, we'll need Quagliarella.

The old Quagliarella? Sure, I'd keep him. The post-injury one? Not so much. Matri or Quaglia. This is one of those dilemmas that's best left to be decided by the coach, I reckon.

So I heard Juve is after both RVP and Luis Suarez. I think they can reel RVP in, but I have no idea about Suarez.

Juve don't have an idea about Suarez too. We. Don't. Have. That. Kind. Of. Money.

Mastadon

Banned
Just seen that we've sold Toni Silva to Barnsley. Shame, I thought he looked like a really talented guy. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Verratti last night.

That site is getting its information from NTV who are pretty reliable as far as Turkish news sources go.

Apparently an agent has flown over to Italy to finalize a deal today. Nothings solid though, I remember last time we reached an agreement with CSKA and it was Krasic himself who did not want to come.
The problem lies with Krasic, he's delusional, he only wants a PERMANENT move to England or Spain.

Who the hell rejects Liverpool or Spurs on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom