• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Haha so in Fifa 13 if you have Kinect and you shout out the word 'cunt' a few times (I can say it now right?) than you will get a yellow card for swearing. Love it.

Haha so in Fifa 13 if you have Kinect and you shout out the word 'cunt' a few times (I can say it now right?) than you will get a yellow card for swearing. Love it.
Well I'm goosed then. If it plays anything like 12 (a mess) then most of my players will be booked.

What am I saying, I don't have Kinect! I'm safe.

Zabojnik

:(. I can't find any footage of his Pirlo lob passes.

Also Caceres is out for two months and Pepe is out for three weeks.

Stop doing this to yourself, Yurt. And to me. :( He's gone. Gone, baby, gone.

Is it official? That's not too bad then, although I was hoping for a month for Martin. So both he and Pepe are out for the Supercoppa. Napoli culo, as always. Nonetheless, we have to fucking crush them.

Aren't they trying to get more people to get a Kinect? This is only going to make people disconnect their Kinect completely. I'm sure there is a large percent of Kinect users who don't use that piece of hardware already.

Just seen that we've sold Toni Silva to Barnsley. Shame, I thought he looked like a really talented guy. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

I was honestly hoping this wouldn't happen, or that it would be a loan, or hell that we'd be able to sneak in a buyback clause. But it looks like it's a straight free transfer because he wants game time. He's been lighting up pre-season too, scoring great goals. I think he's going because he didn't come on the tour and doesn't think he's in Rodgers plans. I agree with you, he looks a real talent. I wish him all the best as long as he never signs for United. heh. Hope he does well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stop doing this to yourself, Yurt. And to me. :( He's gone. Gone, baby, gone.

Is it official? That's not too bad then, although I was hoping for a month for Martin. So both he and Pepe are out for the Supercoppa.

Yes and no. But that's what you get when you google "first-second degree tear of the medial collateral ligament in his left knee" and " first degree tear of the semimembranosus muscle in his left thigh."
rJnFF.gif

Napoli culo, as always. Nonetheless, we have to fucking crush them
They won't get lucky again, I hope we go all out on them. No more half-assed lineups for non-Serie A games, Conte.

Didn't know Debuchy was as big a JT as Ben Arfa. Fucking footballers should honor their contracts, no one forced them to sign.

This is why it makes me cringe when people try to argue that Footballers (or any athlete really) that they don't have any power over their situation. I see it as them having as much power as they want. I really hate it. I want more players to stay with the team that developed them. One team players.

Slizz

This is why it makes me cringe when people try to argue that Footballers (or any athlete really) that they don't have any power over their situation. I see it as them having as much power as they want. I really hate it. I want more players to stay with the team that developed them. One team players.

Near impossible to be a one team player nowadays...

qindarka

Banned
I don't mind footballers wanting to leave for more money or a better chance for glory but they should at least fulfill their obligations.

Arnie

Footballers who don't honour their contracts are like children who moan because they got an iPad, but wanted an iPhone. Just fucking shut up, keep your head down, train, and if you get your move then so be it. It makes me want to see them get shafted, so I can't imagine how the Chairman feels.

Kyoufu

Oh actually the source could be wrong. Just read that Lille just signed Debuchy's replacement so I think he's ready to fly over here.

I once bought that guy in FM purely because of his name. Wish Stefan Kuntz had a son or something in the game.

Edit : Oh yeah and Assman was rumored to Chelsea at one point. We all know the reason

Haha, amazing.

Fry

Footballers who don't honour their contracts are like children who moan because they got an iPad, but wanted an iPhone. Just fucking shut up, keep your head down, train, and if you get your move then so be it. It makes me want to see them get shafted, so I can't imagine how the Chairman feels.

They already earn obscene amounts of money and can't honour their contract? Fucking joke.

Kyoufu

He has only ever played for Lille. He's 26 years old and wants to leave. Lille have had a list of suitable replacements for a while but they won't let him come join us for pre-season until they sign one (which they have now). Debuchy was frustrated that it has taken so long for it to go through.

Though that's still a weak defence as contracts are contracts.

WriterGK

Who? Sack Mourinho? Good idea.

Yes!! I won the Champions League final with Valencia with FM 2012. In the final my team won with a stunning 9-1 victory over Manchester City. I was nervous about even winning, let alone with such a score as 9-1.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They already earn obscene amounts of money and can't honour their contract? Fucking joke.

Yeah, it is disgraceful. Modric is behaving like a little shit and making all the same moves that Berba did. Just get your head down until someone coughs up the cash. Berba tried every trick in the book but it took a late mega-bid to make us sell, it will be no different with Modric.

Levy is like the Bane of football chairmen.

Modric: I've submitted a transfer request
Levy: This gives you....power over me?

Arnie

Modric: I've submitted a transfer request
Levy: This gives you....power over me?
And that's the way it should be. Levy acted superbly last summer and Modric should've learnt from that, acting like a dick has just made things 10 times harder for himself.

Nice photos of Reus in the heus.

dc89

AyeGG2CCYAA2nDE.jpg:large

City have took the trophy to Asia. They play Arsenal on Friday.

I was kinda hoping it would be in the City store for the home kit launch. I would have seen it when I go on Thursday :(

Arnie

Every time I see Viera doing anything remotely related to City I laugh. It's pretty poxy that City are pimping him out as some ambassador when he had fuck all to do with the club. It really is the definition of small time.

Every time I see Viera doing anything remotely related to City I laugh. It's pretty poxy that City are pimping him out as some ambassador when he had fuck all to do with the club. It really is the definition of small time.
Take that back. MASSIVE club.

Fry

Talking shit about Arsenal makes it even more pathetic.

Zabojnik

Everything is possible if we get out of the group stages. The problem is getting out of the group stages though :D

Indeed. Hopefully Juve and Borussia don't end up in the same group. I'm pretty ours will be a group of death anyway. We are already dead.

INJURY UPDATE:
21 days for Pepe, 45 for Caceres. Month and a half. Well, it could have been a season ending cruciate ligament injury for Martin, so not too bad. *glasshalffull.jpg*

In my opinion, the worst thing about the whole Milan situation and others like it, is the lying to the fans. If Milan were to announce that they have a new long-term project in the works, one that doesn't include big spending, because right now there simply is no money to be spent, I'm sure the fans would understand and continue to support the team as they always have. Sure, there'd be anger, accusations and whatnot, but at least the fans would know where their club stands in the grand scheme of things
This. So much this.

It's not the fact that we sold our two top players, I can live with that. It's that we don't have a short/long term project, each summer is like this, we buy who we can regardless of his role or if we actually need that player. And you can see that on the pitch as well: last year Allegri asked to pass the ball to Ibra and pray. There wasn't a scheme, a tactic.
Once again, we should do what Juventus did from 2006: build a competitive team (doesn't matter if it takes six years) from the ground up, while having a stadium just for ourself and re-launching the Milan brand/tifo all around the globe. Create our future today, if we keep postponing this it will definitely end bad for us.

I (and I think that a lot of fellow rossoneri would agree with me) don't want to see Galliani getting on a plane to Barcelona and Madrid just to buy Messi, CR7, Xavi, Iniesta, Higuain and so on (mostly because we will end up with other situation like Ibra's one, forcing to sell them after a couple of years and whatnot). I'd just like to be treated with some respect, even with a press conference with Galliani, Berlusconi, Braida and Allegri. Just say that we won't be able to be at the same level of Juventus for a couple of years, let alone the top clubs in Europe, and that we're starting over once again, this time using a little more brain. I wouldn't be happy like many others, clearly, but it's a start.

dc89

Vieira is Football Development Executive. So a fancy coach or something I guess.

Give the guy a break though. He obviously wanted to work for the club following retiring and why would City refuse him?

Jeez.

Not half as bad as looking in to the past, hiring a legend who squanders countless millions goes on to do shite, handles a racial incident in the poorest possible way and then firing him. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom