• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lo Monaco on Destro: "Roma are the most interested, but Juve have offered the most money. In calcio money counts."

So it's Destro then?

Messi

Where online?

Also, do you normally get your Barca shirts printed? I've never seen a place here that prints non EPL shirts

Kitbag/worldsoccershop.com

All of my barca kits from the past 5 seasons are printed with different names. I go to barca twice a year and get all my stuff done/see a game.

Well, I am not a big lover of the game, so the thread title lured me in here ;-)

Don't be fooled by my avatar, that's a lost bet

Welcome, stay a while. We are all friendly, except for Wilbury he will touch you while you sleep

dc89

I nipped out before. Popped my head into a sports shop and looked at the PL shirts for this season.

Liverpool - home shirt is SO smart in person. The crest is really nicely stitched.
United - they had the new away shirt out. Fabric feels nice!
City - only away shirt out at the moment, I can't wait to get it.

WJD

Ok, Kagawa looks lovely. Can't wait to see him with a proper team around him and not this mish mash.

more Kagawas? They need Klopp and the rest of the Dortmund players
lol yeah, I was just kidding. But damn, everyone in that team is slowing the plays down except Kagawa. Most other players also have pretty bad tech/first touch, dunno.
Also there is a disconnect between def. and attack.

/edit

Those direct tv ads are great.

K1LLER7

Ok, Kagawa looks lovely. Can't wait to see him with a proper team around him and not this mish mash.

yeah, hope he stays on and plays the full 90, teams looks more likely of doing something when he's on the ball.

the passings been too slow going forward.

Boring.

It's just pre-season I guess but no tempo. Carrick and Scholes look like they hardly care which basically means everything we do is at walking pace.

I dunno where Anderson is meant to be playing either.

OMG ROONEY ADVERT HAHAHAHA gets me every time.

It's complacency against decent opposition and the personnel struggling to adapt to this 41311 system. A striker who could drop deeper with better touch and movement outside the box than Chicharito would help. Kagawa is getting a bit isolated because our midfield is too static. Carrick and Anderson should be pulling their weight more, because Scholes has to play deep, given his ageing legs - although his movement appears superior at times, anyway. Valencia's a bit uncomfortable playing tucked in. And our fullbacks are young and growing into composure, so it makes sense their play in the final third is somewhat rushed and wasteful.

If it wasn't pre-season, Anderson would get pulled off pretty quickly. Certain players are obviously far from proper match fitness or form and need the minutes.

fuenf

lol yeah, I was just kidding. But damn, everyone in that team is slowing the plays down except Kagawa. Most other players also have pretty bad tech/first touch, dunno.
Also there is a disconnect between def. and attack.

hehe yeah, reminded me of Bayern tbh. curious to see how Kagawa will adjust to that style of play. reading this thread i think ManU fans are in for a little disappointment, sure Kagawa is a genius but i doubt he'll ever be the ball dominant player they want him to be.

dc89

I also looked at the new Predator's and I am disappoint. They have ruined them. It's all synthetic material and not leather anymore.

When I need new boots, God knows what I'll get.

fuenf

I also looked at the new Predator's and I am disappoint. They have ruined them. It's all synthetic material and not leather anymore.

When I need new boots, God knows what I'll get.

rofl for a moment i thought you were talking about the Predators fim.

K1LLER7

hehe yeah, reminded me of Bayern tbh. curious to see how Kagawa will adjust to that style of play. reading this thread i think ManU fans are in for a little disappointment, sure Kagawa is a genius but i doubt he'll ever be the ball dominant player they want him to be.

The team relies too much on playing on the wings and hoping someone gets on the end of a cross. We need to play more through the middle with a faster tempo in passing. At the moment the midfields moving the ball too slow. Someone like modric would've been perfect to fix that problem.

Rad-

Hmm we don't really expect him to be that. Just someone who can help add some passing creativity through the middle.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
First half over, Mexico 1 Japan 1.

Match is entertaining, lots of chances on both sides. Certainly funner that boring United grinding out goals again.

Hmm we don't really expect him to be that. Just someone who can help add some passing creativity through the middle.
Yeah I'm not sure people expect him to set the tempo and run games, just add some quality in the final third from the centre of the pitch. We're very good out wide, but at the edge of the box Kagawa can make a difference I think/hope.

FuturusX

Kuhguhwuh is ok but he's no Cabaye.

I hate to agree...but Cabaye is incredible. Newcastle make me sick with all the excellent signings they have.

Bit quiet this year though...which is a good thing I suppose, a few more and they might push on for top 4, causing my head to explode.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
First half over, Mexico 1 Japan 1.

Match is entertaining, lots of chances on both sides. Certainly funner that boring United grinding out goals again.

da fuq?? it was agonizing to watch el tri play like total shit til fabian scored. sub out oribe!!
:D

Kyoufu

I hate to agree...but Cabaye is incredible. Newcastle make me sick with all the excellent signings they have.

Bit quiet this year though...which is a good thing I suppose, a few more and they might push on for top 4, causing my head to explode.

I was just kidding. Haven't seen enough of Kuhguhwuh to judge his ability but I'm sure he's awesome. This season will be great for everyone.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I GET TO SEE VILLA PLAY TONIGHT!!!!!!

david_villa_barcelona.jpeg

Salvadora

Wenger...
on Bacary Sagna (broken fibula)...
“He is doing very well. There are no problems there. But it will be the end of August for him.”

on Abou Diaby, who missed the end of the Premier League season…
“He is fit, raring to go and will be on the tour. That is fantastic news for him and us.”

on Jack Wilshere (ankle)….
“It is impossible to set a concrete deadline at the moment. But it is all OK. He is as quick as we expected him to be. His ankle is good and his knee is good. There is no set-back. It difficult to say ‘it will be this week in September or October’ when he is back in training. He has been out for a year and I don’t want to put any pressure on him.”

on Tomas Rosicky (plantaris tendon)…
“It will be six to eight weeks until he is back in training. It was his [plantaris tendon], it was done at the Euros.”

on Emmanuel Frimpong (knee)…
“Emmanuel is doing very well. It will be the end of September or perhaps into October for him.”

on Mikel Arteta, who missed the end of the Premier League season…
“He is fit now.”

on Lukasz Fabianski, who missed Euro 2012…
“He is OK and will travel to the tour.”

That Wilshere comment makes me fucking nervous.

Lo Monaco on Destro: "Roma are the most interested, but Juve have offered the most money. In calcio money counts."

So it's Destro then?

It'll be someone + Destro. He'll be bought and loaned back to Siena with any luck, or used with us in a Borriello role and in Coppa.

Lo Monaco really is a shifty bastard, though, isn't he?

fuenf

Well i'm just going of the comments that Kagawa didnt get the ball enough. During his last Bundesliga season he averaged just 50 touches a game, he's a classic number "10" / or false 9 lol.

Arnie

That Smalling news is a massive blow for United. Jones is inconsistent, Vidic isn't back to full fitness, hasn't travelled for pre-season, and, at 31 might be on a downward curve, Rio's become a liability, and in the words of my United supporting friend, whilst very solid on a good day, Elvis Hammond could put one past Johnny Evans.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
da fuq?? it was agonizing to watch el tri play like total shit til fabian scored. sub out oribe!!
:D
We've been over Japan all during the match. They have a very tight shape, and the goal was only ever gonna come from a long-shot chance like that.

Mexico has been passing the ball very well. Japan's goal came from a silly individual mistake... though I agree Mier is necessary if we want to keep a clean sheet during the Olympics.

Oribe's been shit since the season ended; no doubts about that.

Complacency, I see. Fergie must've had some words at half-time. Better movement. And Kagawa unveiling his skill. Inch-perfect passing. <3

Pity about Chicharito. He looks out of sorts.

Lol I was thinking about it that time and still ended up not. Ashley Greene. She has leaked nudes somewhere out there.

You have my axe, whenever you need it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom