• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Arsène Wenger has named a 24-man squad for the Club's 2012 Tour.

Arsenal squad:
Vito Mannone
Ignasi Miquel
Chuks Aneke
Thomas Eisfeld
Marouane Chamakh
Ryo Miyaichi
Craig Eastmond
Nico Yennaris
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Francis Coquelin
Kieran Gibbs
Alex Song
Lukasz Fabianski
Carl Jenkinson
Theo Walcott
Wojciech Szczesny
Johan Djourou
Benik Afobe
Thomas Vermaelen
Abou Diaby
Andre Santos
Gervinho
Mikel Arteta
Kyle Bartley

GorillaJu

It's just pre-season so you can't take what you see too seriously, but Kagawa is looking like he could be United's best player this year. If this is the kind of quality he shows consistently, he'll be huge. Dangerous at every touch.

FuturusX

I was just kidding. Haven't seen enough of Kuhguhwuh to judge his ability but I'm sure he's awesome. This season will be great for everyone.

Kagawa is excellent, no doubt. But Cabaye has a little edge for me, as he's proven himself. I do however expect big things from Kagawa...

Everyone should be excited, great potential all over the place. But...success is relative. For a winner there must be a loser :(

Kyoufu

That was such a good ball and bad miss. Kagawa and Hernandez were channelling each other

Kagawa is excellent, no doubt. But Cabaye has a little edge for me, as he's proven himself. I do however expect big things from Kagawa...

Everyone should be excited, great potential all over the place. But...success is relative. For a winner there must be a loser :(

Hopefully the loser is QPR :p

Kagawa doing everything up front. Chicharito has been wasteful today.

That Smalling news is a massive blow for United. Jones is inconsistent, Vidic isn't back to full fitness, hasn't travelled for pre-season, and, at 31 might be on a downward curve, Rio's become a liability, and in the words of my United supporting friend, whilst very solid on a good day, Elvis Hammond could put one past Johnny Evans.

:lol Rio isn't a liability. He was one of our consistent performers last season. As long as the yoga keeps the back injury away, he has the ability to last into his mid 30s like any talented centre-back - same for Vidic. Let's hope that's the only habit Giggs has passed on to his team-mate.

It's Jones I'm worried about. Definitely inconsistent. Evans has come out of some poor form, and is probably our best ball-playing centre-back after Rio, but he's also injured alongside Smalling. And Vidic has barely entered training. So, Jones it is for the first game. :/

Akira

Oh my god, this Chinese commentator's pronunciation of Schabalala's name was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Kagawa doing everything up front. Chicharito has been wasteful today.

:lol Rio isn't a liability. He was one of our consistent performers last season. As long as the yoga keeps the back injury away, he has the ability to last into his mid 30s like any talented centre-back - same for Vidic. Let's hope that's the only habit Giggs has passed on to his team-mate.

It's Jones I'm worried about. Definitely inconsistent. Evans has come out of some poor form, and is probably our best ball-playing centre-back after Rio, but he's also injured alongside Smalling. And Vidic has barely entered training. So, Jones it is for the first game. :/
Yeah everyone sees Rio as a "liability" now but he was still our best defender last year. Most of the defensive mistakes came from other defenders...but Rio picks up the flack :-/

Smalling, Jones, Evans (though he was good), Evra, Rafael, De Gea...all making more errors than Rio. Rather Rio fit than anybody else other than Vidic, that's for sure.

Is there a worse player in the PL than Bebe? I really can't think of one.

And just for effect, Berbatov's magical touch will make Bebe look even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom