• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
But don't forget what all those stolen billions got us.

iDm8QTAMBCD8w.gif

Hopefully now that he won the one cup he really wanted he'll stop spending and giving a shit.

yeah, right :p

Come on guys, 2 places left at least :)

On-topic (hurr) I'm yet again delaying my first visit to an IMAX because I simply can't be arsed to go all the way to Waterloo to watch a film. The Maidenhead Odeon will have to do tonight :(

Got a dentist appointment as well in the afternoon, just to dampen my spirits :p

Arnie

On train to Manchester now to go watch battyman. Not feeling too great this morning though, think yesterday's barbecue is trying to leave my body by any means possible.

Ashes

Banned
Here I am with the Champions League and FA Cups yesterday. I have a bunch of other photos I'll upload and share too.

ibboDOgqCHj1PS.jpeg

Champions league really does have knack for overshadowing other trophies. I forgot for a moment Chelsea won the F.A. Cup. this year. Personally, I think the F.A. cup, my favourite trophy looks wise.

Sony just gave me a heart attack

I went onto my email, and found a new message saying that £24 had been added to my wallet, and another message thanking me for a purchase. Turns out its just the PS+ auto-renew :D

@Jeff, do you still want in on the paid league?

pappe

Re Movie Gaf.

I really do not understand logic of some people they go into the OT of a movie days before thats like an open invitation for some1 to spoil the movie for them and some even ask question regarding the plot before even seeing the movie.

After the movie is released they nit pick each and every minutest detail of the movie even the silliest of points. Its like they watch a movie with the sole intention of looking for flaws and not for enjoyment. Just go into the TDKR spoiler thread and you will understand what i mean.

GorillaJu

Re Movie Gaf.

I really do not understand logic of some people they go into the OT of a movie days before thats like an open invitation for some1 to spoil the movie for them and some even ask question regarding the plot before even seeing the movie.

After the movie is released they nit pick each and every minutest detail of the movie even the silliest of points. Its like they watch a movie with the sole intention of looking for flaws and not for enjoyment. Just go into the TDKR spoiler thread and you will understand what i mean.

Especially when the topic of conversation is usually some large budget blockbuster by James Cameron, or worse, Speed Racer (wtf?).

dc89

Re Movie Gaf.

I didn't go in the Prometheus thread as soon as it got 2 weeks or so before release.

Only set foot in TDKR thread once just to jump on the hype train and then I haven't been back.

dc89

The Mirror are basically reporting that there's a stand off at City between Mancini and Marwood over RVP.

I shake my head.

Clegg

Moura's agent - United will not increase bid. Move is off, Lucas stays at Sao Paolo.

He's shit anyway.
Knew this would happen. Sao Paolo were after crazy money for him. United are right not to go any higher.

Now watch us not buy anyone else even though we apparently have some cash to spend.

The Mirror are basically reporting that there's a stand off at City between Mancini and Marwood over RVP.

I shake my head.
I don't understand why City don't just offer £30m and £200k p/w tbh.

There is no need for them to be financially prudent. Why start now?

Knew this would happen. Sao Paolo were after crazy money for him. United are right not to go any higher.

Now watch us not buy anyone else even though we apparently have some cash to spend.
We're saving it for a special talent. Like Sanchez, I mean Benzema, I mean Hazard, no no Moura...oh...

dc89

I don't understand why City don't just offer £30m and £200k p/w tbh.

There is no need for them to be financially prudent. Why start now?

We're saving it for a special talent. Like Sanchez, I mean Benzema, I mean Hazard, no no Moura...oh...

I kind of agree. If PSG keep spending, so should Chelsea and City lol. But I guess the bosses at City really want to offload.

---

Just watched Ep3 (S2) of The Walking Dead! OMG!

More money for RVP and Sahin!!!!!!!

:(
Tbh like most of us here I don't really mind either way whether we sign Lucas or not. Would not complain if we did because he looks like he could be great but he's clearly not desperately needed so I wouldn't not willing to pay up is fine and actually like you said sensible.

But...seeing as apparently do have some money there...I will be pissed if we don't go and buy a CM or LB back.

Mastadon

Banned
The Metro (lol) are suggesting that we'll send Jonjo on loan to Swansea as a make weight for the Allen deal. I think that's a massive mistake if true.

FWIW I don't think the Lucas story is finished yet. No doubt agent posturing etc because after all the more we bid the more Lucas gets himself.

Ashes

Banned
Hmmm. Apologies. Just a link from a reputable sports journo's tweet. Vid is class, though.

Copy past link into Mozilla.... voilà! Firefox does not give a shit!

edit: Oooh youtube link. Sweet. Yep Vid is a first class vid on how to speak pr!

PaulLFC

LiverpoolGAF, anyone getting tickets for the Leverkusen friendly?

Can't buy mine until tomorrow (season ticket holders today, members tomorrow, general sale Thursday), looking forward to Sami's return to Anfield though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom